Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Dislike Snow.

Post by whip » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:42 am

Stranded in upper Scotland.

Damn roads are blocked.

Hope to get convoy moving soon.

3 trucks awaiting the green light.

Should have arrived in Aberdeen 1.30 am this morning, it is now 9.40 am.
GB FIRST

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: Dislike Snow.

Post by sherri » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:16 pm

Good luck, that would be frustrating (and tiring).

champion.
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by champion. » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:36 pm

Can't beat a bit of snow, love the stuff me like. :wink:

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:50 pm

Two of my grandkids had the 'best day of their lives' (they're aged 2 & 3) the other day at a place called Santa's kingdom & one of the highlights was the snow falling. They thought it was great. It was foam. :lol:

niagraa
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by niagraa » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:20 am

sherri wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:50 pm
Two of my grandkids had the 'best day of their lives' (they're aged 2 & 3) the other day at a place called Santa's kingdom & one of the highlights was the snow falling. They thought it was great. It was foam. :lol:
maybe that's what whip was seeing and only thought it was snow, he is irish ya know :)

whip
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by whip » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:46 am

Foam #-o

Well him upstairs must have a funny sense of humour.

Damn stuff.

Was a tadge cold as well so it was.

The unloading was off schedule due to weather conditions.

We never got penalised due to late delivery of weather conditions which was a bonus.

Roll on Spring time :D
GB FIRST

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:31 pm

Hey hold on a sec, we're just getting to enjoy our summer. :D

whip
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by whip » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:49 pm

Summer.

We here might get a glimpse of the sun.

Mostly it rain in Lancashire.

Mind, 05.35 this AM there was a nice view of the moors towards the North.

Wind chill factor was about - 100 :shock: Damn cold so it was.

Not good for the wedding tackle either :)

Spring time on t'moors is pleasant enough.
GB FIRST

max Headroom
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by max Headroom » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:19 am

better go back to your cellar.
Arbeit macht frei.

whip
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by whip » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:08 am

i once threw a snowball at a cop.

He clipped me round the ear.

bug*er if that didn't sting.
GB FIRST

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:48 pm

I was just reading a report that (if correct) might mean poor whip has a lot more snow in his future.
A mini ice age effect for Britain (and I presume the rest of the world too? or at least a period of cooler weather?)

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/br ... spartandhp

Or does it mean that with a mini ice age hitting just as we have global warming, they will cancel each other out and we'll have the usual weather for the next 30-40 years?

max Headroom
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by max Headroom » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:57 pm

sherri wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:48 pm
I was just reading a report that (if correct) might mean poor whip has a lot more snow in his future.
A mini ice age effect for Britain (and I presume the rest of the world too? or at least a period of cooler weather?)

Or does it mean that with a mini ice age hitting just as we have global warming, they will cancel each other out and we'll have the usual weather for the next 30-40 years?
He hasn't got over the stone age yet.
Arbeit macht frei.

niagraa
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by niagraa » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:14 am

sherri wrote:

nope, they'll just stop using the phrase "global warming" and only call it "climate change" which is exactly what they did a few years ago when it was made known that the globe didn't actually warm up for a few years.

it's just another lie so these d*ckhead scientists don't look foolish in front of their gullible minions.

ralph
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by ralph » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:45 am

niagraa wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:14 am
sherri wrote:

nope, they'll just stop using the phrase "global warming" and only call it "climate change" which is exactly what they did a few years ago when it was made known that the globe didn't actually warm up for a few years.

it's just another lie so these d*ckhead scientists don't look foolish in front of their gullible minions.
I was watching a programme about The Great Barrier Reef and they said it had started to grow in the shallow waters created after an 'ice age', when vast quantities of ice melted and the coastal areas of Australia had been swallowed up at the rate of hundreds of meters a year for many years and that this inundation is incorporated into the folk-tales of the Aboriginals. Yes, yawn, it has all happened before. :lol: :lol: :lol:

niagraa
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by niagraa » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:05 am

ralph wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:45 am
niagraa wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:14 am
sherri wrote:

I was watching a programme about The Great Barrier Reef and they said it had started to grow in the shallow waters created after an 'ice age', when vast quantities of ice melted and the coastal areas of Australia had been swallowed up at the rate of hundreds of meters a year for many years and that this inundation is incorporated into the folk-tales of the Aboriginals. Yes, yawn, it has all happened before. :lol: :lol: :lol:
yep, its all natural and not caused by man at all.

Pilot
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Pilot » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:05 pm

I'm not so sure, we are turning fossil fuels from solids and liquids trapped underground into gasses released to the atmosphere this must have an effect I think its just the level of effect that is in question.
I voted leave

freon
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by freon » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:17 pm

Pilot when we pump all those barrels of fossil fuel from beneath the earth
whats taking its place?
cheers

Pilot
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Pilot » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:52 pm

I not an engineer, but in the case of the coastal mines we had around here they flood with sea water as soon as they switched off the pumps, which had to be running 24 hours a day all year round, they flooded, with north sea oil maybe the same. I expect oil taken from land based oilfield will be subject to water seepage in the fullness of time.
I voted leave

niagraa
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by niagraa » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:03 am

Pilot wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:05 pm
I'm not so sure, we are turning fossil fuels from solids and liquids trapped underground into gasses released to the atmosphere this must have an effect I think its just the level of effect that is in question.
look, the oceans themselves have been giving up hundreds of tonnes of both chlorine and methane into the atmosphere EVERY day for MILLIONS if not billions of years, that made moot the argument about cfc's making holes in the ozone layer, which are only thinnings anyway, and are a seasonal occurrence which means it is a natural phenomenon, which showed up the alarmist scientists for the dickheads they are because their global warming theory caused by cfc's were proved as b*llshit...

but let's not forget co2 rises into the atmosphere as well, so then the idiots decide to blame co2, now these bozo's claim there is a blanket of co2 trapped in the atmosphere, I call crap on that, there may be a blanket, but it's not trapped, because if it was trapped, over billions of years from every conceivable source of co2 like plant life volcanoes and bush fires plus co2 release from the ice sheets, why isn't our atmosphere unbreathable to all life forms of life as we know it ? why haven't the poles already melted like these idiots claim will happen ?

I haven't heard any scientific fairytales telling us why the trapping must be a recent thing, these idiots have more holes in their theories than the ozone layer.

as for the lies about the climate science is in, the fact is, all these alarmist scientist bozos have their own computer climate change models, they can feed in anything they like and they will get different answers, but the thing is they all agree with each others individual findings that climate change is man made, BUT most don't agree with the outcomes of each others computer models, therefore their unity in blaming man for global warming is only based on opinion and NOT the actual climate change models, and opinion is NOT science.

for 30 years from the 1970's, the sun was giving off more solar flare activity than normal, this caused a global warming on mars at the same time we had our global warming, it takes 8 minutes for heat and light to travel from the sun to the earth, these idiot alarmists claim the solar flare activity had no effect on earth and yet it did on mars, what ? did the distance from mars to earth cool down the effect of the flares to nothing ?

another thing these alarmist morons claim is that as the oceans get warmer, the ice sheets melt and will release more co2, causing it to get even hotter, melting even more ice sheets and releasing even more co2 blah blah blah which means we will never be able to stop it and we'll all be doomed blah blah blah..

so I have to ask, considering the medieval global warming which was not caused by man, it was warm enough so that permafrost thawed on Greenland where the Vikings grew crops, it was a much warmer warming than our recent experience AND it lasted for 300 years, so why over 300 years didn't the ice sheets melt at least enough to release co2 which would warm up the planet even more thereby melting more ice sheets releasing more co2 etc etc until it reached a point that it can never be stopped ?

so, my question is this, if a much warmer medieval warming that lasted 10 times longer than ours didn't do the damage that scientists predict, then how the hell can these pricks claim that our warming will ?

their own theories bear witness against them.

only the gullible would believe the lie's of these idiot alarmist scientists, unfortunately, half the world is gullible, they're also idiot lefty's.

whip
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by whip » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:07 am

Climate change do nothing for whip.

Was down near Bangor yesterday.

It damn well snowed there :roll:

At least the water in Lancashire is good for beer making :D

Proper beer, unlike the OZ wuzzy poor excuse for beer/lager.

We have a lunch meeting today in central Manchester.

No snow there :D
GB FIRST

Return to “The Corner Shop”