Dislike Snow.

Welcome to The Corner Shop

Moderator: andysfootball

User avatar
niagraa
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 203
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:58 pm

Re: Dislike Snow.

Post by niagraa » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:04 pm

whip wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:07 am
Climate change do nothing for whip.

Was down near Bangor yesterday.

It damn well snowed there :roll:

At least the water in Lancashire is good for beer making :D

Proper beer, unlike the OZ wuzzy poor excuse for beer/lager.

We have a lunch meeting today in central Manchester.

No snow there :D
you drinking beer near bangor, more likely you and elsie had some tea and a luverly time.

and Manchester ? better make your mrs wear a hijab, just to be safe.

as for beer, you poms wouldn't know a decent beer if it bit you on the arse, and don't confuse yourself about fosters lager, most aussies wouldn't drink that crap if it sold at half price.

User avatar
champion.
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 9863
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:58 pm
Location: CUCKOOS NEST!!!

Re: Dislike Snow.

Post by champion. » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:34 pm

Snowing canny now ...love it ! =D>
Image

User avatar
champion.
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 9863
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:58 pm
Location: CUCKOOS NEST!!!

Re: Dislike Snow.

Post by champion. » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:52 pm

Image....told you i loved snow :lol:
Image

whip
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 4413
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:23 pm
Location: 3rd Rock From The Sun

Re: Dislike Snow.

Post by whip » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:38 am

There's always one who like the snow, just happen to be our champion :lol:

It never snowed in Manchester but it was cold for sure.

The firm has won a contract taking steel mesh/girders to Ireland.

Massive regeneration going on in Dublin.

The snow's will have abated by the time we get cracking with delivery.

That will suit whip just dandy.
GB FIRST

User avatar
memor
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 4854
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2003 12:23 am
Location: Retired under a big umbrela in the sun with a glass of champagne

Re: Dislike Snow.

Post by memor » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:49 pm

It's the 30th December and it's 15 centigrade outside. I'm on the south coast in Brighton.
I always value Pilots wit and input

User avatar
freon
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 3628
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:50 pm
Contact:

Re: Dislike Snow.

Post by freon » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:50 pm

I have never seen snow but have been told to be careful of yellow snow
cheers

User avatar
andysfootball
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11931
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 12:29 pm
Location: HMS Bounty
Contact:

Re: Dislike Snow.

Post by andysfootball » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:19 pm

no snow in the middle of Manchester

just zombies roaming the streets/crawling the streets

on synthetic d*ugs
STAY CALM AND SANDDANCE ON

User avatar
sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 25159
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:14 am
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Re: Dislike Snow.

Post by sherri » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:28 pm

memor wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:49 pm
It's the 30th December and it's 15 centigrade outside. I'm on the south coast in Brighton.
That's not too bad for winter.
Good to see you, memor.

User avatar
memor
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 4854
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2003 12:23 am
Location: Retired under a big umbrela in the sun with a glass of champagne

Re: Dislike Snow.

Post by memor » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:55 am

Thanks Sherri... I see this site is now called corner shop whatever happened to Curly ?
I always value Pilots wit and input

User avatar
sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 25159
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:14 am
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Re: Dislike Snow.

Post by sherri » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:24 pm

He hasn't been around for many years now. His wife died & I imagine he had a lot of other things to sort out at that time & probably just got out of the habit of dropping in.
The board changed hands-you won't see jimmy whizz around any more either, which is a pity.
But it makes sense that the board name changed to the corner shop in the circumstances.

User avatar
max Headroom
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 3231
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:39 am
Location: St Petersburg, Russia

Re: Dislike Snow.

Post by max Headroom » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:27 am

sherri wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:24 pm
He hasn't been around for many years now. His wife died & I imagine he had a lot of other things to sort out at that time & probably just got out of the habit of dropping in.
The board changed hands-you won't see jimmy whizz around any more either, which is a pity.
But it makes sense that the board name changed to the corner shop in the circumstances.
What has this got to do with climate???
USA USA USA, DESTROY, KILL, MAIM, WAR HERO'S ALL OF US, I LOVE TRUMP GOD BLESS ARRRRHMERIA, OPEN CARRY, MORE KILL, FRIENDLY FIRE.

User avatar
sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 25159
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:14 am
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Re: Dislike Snow.

Post by sherri » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:30 am

Max, please pay attention. Memor asked what happened to curly and why the board name changed.
You're a day late and a dollar short. :lol:

User avatar
max Headroom
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 3231
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:39 am
Location: St Petersburg, Russia

Re: Dislike Snow.

Post by max Headroom » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:22 am

sherri wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:30 am
Max, please pay attention. Memor asked what happened to curly and why the board name changed.
You're a day late and a dollar short. :lol:
Whats this got to do with climate?
USA USA USA, DESTROY, KILL, MAIM, WAR HERO'S ALL OF US, I LOVE TRUMP GOD BLESS ARRRRHMERIA, OPEN CARRY, MORE KILL, FRIENDLY FIRE.

whip
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 4413
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:23 pm
Location: 3rd Rock From The Sun

Re: Dislike Snow.

Post by whip » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:44 pm

niagraa wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:04 pm
whip wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:07 am
Climate change do nothing for whip.

Was down near Bangor yesterday.

It damn well snowed there :roll:

At least the water in Lancashire is good for beer making :D

Proper beer, unlike the OZ wuzzy poor excuse for beer/lager.

We have a lunch meeting today in central Manchester.

No snow there :D
you drinking beer near bangor, more likely you and elsie had some tea and a luverly time.

and Manchester ? better make your mrs wear a hijab, just to be safe.

as for beer, you poms wouldn't know a decent beer if it bit you on the arse, and don't confuse yourself about fosters lager, most aussies wouldn't drink that crap if it sold at half price.
They do wear them here.

All dressed in black and show up in the snow.

Better than traffic lights.

Mind, i do get selective colour sight at time's and frighten the crap out of them.
GB FIRST

User avatar
niagraa
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 203
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:58 pm

Re: Dislike Snow.

Post by niagraa » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:05 am

whip wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:44 pm
niagraa wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:04 pm
whip wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:07 am
Climate change do nothing for whip.

Was down near Bangor yesterday.

It damn well snowed there :roll:

At least the water in Lancashire is good for beer making :D

Proper beer, unlike the OZ wuzzy poor excuse for beer/lager.

We have a lunch meeting today in central Manchester.

No snow there :D
you drinking beer near bangor, more likely you and elsie had some tea and a luverly time.

and Manchester ? better make your mrs wear a hijab, just to be safe.

as for beer, you poms wouldn't know a decent beer if it bit you on the arse, and don't confuse yourself about fosters lager, most aussies wouldn't drink that crap if it sold at half price.
They do wear them here.

All dressed in black and show up in the snow.

Better than traffic lights.

Mind, i do get selective colour sight at time's and frighten the crap out of them.
you lucky bug*er :)

whip
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 4413
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:23 pm
Location: 3rd Rock From The Sun

Re: Dislike Snow.

Post by whip » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:34 pm

Off to Austria soon '' Work related ''

Thank Gawd the snow will be on top of the mountains.

Freaking horrible stuff so it is.

Oh dear, i'm whinging about the snow.

Like I care . :lol:
GB FIRST

whip
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 4413
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:23 pm
Location: 3rd Rock From The Sun

Re: Dislike Snow.

Post by whip » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:43 pm

Done a quick trip to Blackburn.

It damn well snowed up on moors.

Sun was out then we left.

Grotty weather so it is.
GB FIRST

Post Reply

Return to “The Corner Shop”