The World has gone mad

Welcome to The Corner Shop

Moderator: andysfootball

Pilot
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

The World has gone mad

Post by Pilot » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:14 pm

A woman from our region is complaining that the fairy story, Sleeping Beauty, is corrupting her 6 year old son in making him believe making sexual advances towards a sleeping woman (the kiss that awakens her) is OK. SHE WANTS THE FAIRY STORY BANNED. Then on our local news this lunchtime, they have set up help for dogs who are caught up in a domestic violence situation ! :wink:
I voted leave

andysfootball

Re: The World has gone mad

Post by andysfootball » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:57 pm

we should have shot Pankhurst when we had the chance!!!
STAY CALM AND SANDDANCE ON

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:49 pm

I was just reading in today's paper that midwives are a bit peeved in that a pamphlet or book or something they have put out about labour had the words 'women whose waters have broken' banned & were told they had to substitute "people whose waters have broken".
As they pointed out, the only 'people' whose waters are going to break are women!

I'm all for equality but there has to be some common sense with it. Sometimes generalising is fine but there are other times when being specific is the right way to go. If science & crime fighters didn't get specific, they'd never get anywhere.

ralph
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by ralph » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:20 am

Pilot wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:14 pm
A woman from our region is complaining that the fairy story, Sleeping Beauty, is corrupting her 6 year old son in making him believe making sexual advances towards a sleeping woman (the kiss that awakens her) is OK. SHE WANTS THE FAIRY STORY BANNED. Then on our local news this lunchtime, they have set up help for dogs who are caught up in a domestic violence situation ! :wink:
I wonder what she makes of women being called witches and luring kids into their candy cottages in order to pop them in the over and eat them? If she's looking for inappropriate behaviour, she' going to have a field day with fairy stories! :lol: :lol: :lol:

niagraa
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by niagraa » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:14 am

pilot, believe it or not, compared to other stuff they want changed banned or made unlawful, that is one of the more sanest insane demands that these stupid political correct lefty fools are demanding to happen..

even family isn't safe with these morons around, thanksgiving in America celebrates the day the pilgrims reached America, that's it, but idiot lefty's are telling their followers to "ruin thanksgiving day for their families" to start arguments and to call them racists because they celebrate a country that was stolen and killed indigenous people blah blah blah..

it's an old arguement I suppose, Australia has seen the same dribble argument for years, but people of today should not be blamed for things done hundreds of years in the past..

the problem is, this stupid lefty/antifa/communist movement is causing trouble in all western countries, things are getting worse, and the younger of our generations are stupidly following them, they have all been brainwashed by the power of political correctness over the decades, telling people what to think, not how to think, we are in dangerous times, not just from outside enemies, but from inside enemies, the very foundations of our countries, freedoms and democracies are crumbling before our eyes, that's because the lefty fools also have followers in our governments, kowtowing to a leftist united nations, obeying stupid laws telling us to take in bogus refugees that we can't economically support, let alone need or want..

we have the inside enemy demanding that our outside enemy be let in to our countries with no questions asked, even our laws are ignored in favour of these outside enemy intruders, they rape women by the thousands in Europe and the governments and the law sit on their thumbs and twiddle, making sure that they as a whole do not look like racists against the violent intruders.

(doe's that remind anyone about anything ? doe's rotherham, rochdale and even Newcastle ring a bell ?)

Europe is committing suicide, and so is Australia, the u.s. has trump who is trying to stop that from happening in America.

the left want to cause division even amongst family members, eventually they want the whole of America divided, which is actually something that obama did very well right from the first year of office, but remember, even then it was the left that caused the harm to America..

likewise, they want the same things to happen in Australia and England and of course Europe, divide the families, divide the people, divide the country, disarm the people, fill their country with an outside enemy backed by an inside enemy (the idiot lefty/antifa/communist brigade) push those countries into a depression or even civil war. (hence the push for banning guns, the lives of traitorous politicians depends on it)

the report of this idiot woman wanting sleeping beauty banned is only a drop in the ocean of lefty stupidity, but it all serves the same purpose, division and the change of our customs traditions and way of life..

everyone, have a good look around, and tell me with a straight face that it's not happening, because it is.

ralph
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by ralph » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:33 am

niagraa wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:14 am
pilot, believe it or not, compared to other stuff they want changed banned or made unlawful, that is one of the more sanest insane demands that these stupid political correct lefty fools are demanding to happen..

even family isn't safe with these morons around, thanksgiving in America celebrates the day the pilgrims reached America, that's it, but idiot lefty's are telling their followers to "ruin thanksgiving day for their families" to start arguments and to call them racists because they celebrate a country that was stolen and killed indigenous people blah blah blah..

it's an old arguement I suppose, Australia has seen the same dribble argument for years, but people of today should not be blamed for things done hundreds of years in the past..

the problem is, this stupid lefty/antifa/communist movement is causing trouble in all western countries, things are getting worse, and the younger of our generations are stupidly following them, they have all been brainwashed by the power of political correctness over the decades, telling people what to think, not how to think, we are in dangerous times, not just from outside enemies, but from inside enemies, the very foundations of our countries, freedoms and democracies are crumbling before our eyes, that's because the lefty fools also have followers in our governments, kowtowing to a leftist united nations, obeying stupid laws telling us to take in bogus refugees that we can't economically support, let alone need or want..

we have the inside enemy demanding that our outside enemy be let in to our countries with no questions asked, even our laws are ignored in favour of these outside enemy intruders, they rape women by the thousands in Europe and the governments and the law sit on their thumbs and twiddle, making sure that they as a whole do not look like racists against the violent intruders.

(doe's that remind anyone about anything ? doe's rotherham, rochdale and even Newcastle ring a bell ?)

Europe is committing suicide, and so is Australia, the u.s. has trump who is trying to stop that from happening in America.

the left want to cause division even amongst family members, eventually they want the whole of America divided, which is actually something that obama did very well right from the first year of office, but remember, even then it was the left that caused the harm to America..

likewise, they want the same things to happen in Australia and England and of course Europe, divide the families, divide the people, divide the country, disarm the people, fill their country with an outside enemy backed by an inside enemy (the idiot lefty/antifa/communist brigade) push those countries into a depression or even civil war. (hence the push for banning guns, the lives of traitorous politicians depends on it)

the report of this idiot woman wanting sleeping beauty banned is only a drop in the ocean of lefty stupidity, but it all serves the same purpose, division and the change of our customs traditions and way of life..

everyone, have a good look around, and tell me with a straight face that it's not happening, because it is.
Australia is putting up a bit of a fight to stop itself being 'changed out of all recognition ' by refusing to let 'refugees/asylum seekers' flood into the country as can be seen from what is happening to the recently closed camp in Papua New Guinea, but present policies are being continuously chipped away at by the whinging hand-wringing brigade. I have watched this process going on since I first started visiting Australia in the 1960's and the hand-wringers within will in the end get their way because of their constant mantra about 'Human rights'. Whose human rights? Not yours, it is always the rights of others that must take priority and any attempt to retain the status quo will see you demonised as a NAZI racist - a well tried and successful stratedgy...

max Headroom
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by max Headroom » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:39 am

Well when we here stories of these "refugees" going back to their homeland for a holidays some 3 times, the same homeland that they flee cause they feared getting killed, it is joke. During times of war they should seek refuge in a neighbouring country not half way around the world, just an excuse for financial gain.
By attending a presentation or briefing, or accepting, accessing or reviewing this document you acknowledge, accept and agree to the matters set out above.

ralph
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by ralph » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:54 pm

max Headroom wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:39 am
Well when we here stories of these "refugees" going back to their homeland for a holidays some 3 times, the same homeland that they flee cause they feared getting killed, it is joke. During times of war they should seek refuge in a neighbouring country not half way around the world, just an excuse for financial gain.
Max, no one doubts that there are some awful things happening to people around the world, but as you say refugee and asylum seekers are words that have become much abused by people who either just want a change of scene or to improve their lives. There is nothing wrong with either if these goals, but if the 'club' you want to join doesn't want you in it, that should be the end of it.

In Britain, we are constantly being reminded that we have a massive housing crisis and that not enough publicly subsidised housing is being provided, but with economic migrants, both legal and illegal pouring into the country and the legal at least having an immediate 'right' to call upon local authorities to provide them with accommodation and ultimately a council house, it doesn't take a genius to work out why there is a crisis.

There is a vast amount of poverty in the world and it cannot be eliminated by the poor moving into someone else's country and demanding a share of what belongs to others - not without causing massive resentment in their would-be new homeland.

niagraa
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by niagraa » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:06 pm

ralph wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:33 am
Australia is putting up a bit of a fight to stop itself being 'changed out of all recognition ' by refusing to let 'refugees/asylum seekers' flood into the country as can be seen from what is happening to the recently closed camp in Papua New Guinea, but present policies are being continuously chipped away at by the whinging hand-wringing brigade. I have watched this process going on since I first started visiting Australia in the 1960's and the hand-wringers within will in the end get their way because of their constant mantra about 'Human rights'. Whose human rights? Not yours, it is always the rights of others that must take priority and any attempt to retain the status quo will see you demonised as a NAZI racist - a well tried and successful stratedgy...
labour party, dirty filthy lefty traitors..

tony abbott, liberal right wing good guy, bastardised by the leftwing politicians and leftwing media, made to look like a bad guy..

Malcolm turnbull, took the prime minister ship from abbot, voted in by traitorous leftwing liberal party members, is a left wing a*sehole no different to the labor party, he was once asked years ago on a radio show, what are his aspirations, he replied.. to be the youngest ever prime minister of Australia, when asked which political party, he answered, doesn't matter..

in fact he tried to join the labor party twice before he joined the liberal party, but he lived in a stout liberal area, that's the only reason he joined the libs..

lefty labor, love bogus refugees..

rightwing liberal abbot, stopped the boats..

leftwing liberal turnbull, turning around abbots good work.

abbot had some stupid ideas, but he also had some great ideas, his great ideas far outweighed the bad ideas..

turnbull and his lefty cohorts, bad idea..

labor... bad idea..

liberal, very doubtful now..

a bullet will get my vote before those b*stards ever do.

niagraa
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by niagraa » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:14 pm

max Headroom wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:39 am
dead right max, and I hate when I hear in the news, aussie isis member killed..

the b*****d is and never was an aussie, I don't care if the mongrel was born here..

none of them are Australian as far as I am concerned, that jumped up little fart howard can go to hell for stealing our guns, we have a fight coming, and it's against the filthy left, and the Islamic community.

andysfootball

Post by andysfootball » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:51 pm

I still go back to Shields a fair bit

And I was sort of an economic refugee.
STAY CALM AND SANDDANCE ON

niagraa
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by niagraa » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:54 pm

andysfootball wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:51 pm

economic my arse, you can afford it :)

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:10 pm

andysfootball wrote:

You probably came over here in search of a better lifestyle, maybe, but you weren't a refugee ie immediately on welfare, no job for years etc

To me, what we need to look at with refugees (and we are so not allowed to without causing manufactured outrage), is how successful different groups are at settling in after eg 12 months, 5 years etc
Some of the studies we are rarely see mentioned have shown some refugee groups where
-after 5 years, the majority don't speak enough English to get by without an interpreter
-after 5 years, between 70-95% of them are still unemployed and on full benefits.
-they are over-represented in the violent crime statistics

What you find is if any of these stats do hit the papers, the current Australians are blamed 100% for all this. No fault at all is placed on those migrant groups. This needs to turn around. No matter where the fault lies, if the fact is that up to 95% of a group is unemployed after 5 years, with little English, then it isn't working.

There are migrant groups where on the whole it works well. English, NZ, Chinese, Italian, Greek, Polish etc
There have been some others (including one from Europe) where it is a complete failure. Sudanese are currently our biggest problem down here in Melbourne, as far as violence & crime goes. I have that direct from the police, but not any who are up in the top ranks-more the feet on the ground.

Plus we have ridiculous problems with overcrowded roads, hospitals, public transport, power problems. Govt keeps letting in new people as it makes the economy look booming but the quality of life drops. Time to cut migration, suck up a slower economy for a while, only let in groups with a track record of reasonable success.

niagraa
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by niagraa » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:38 pm

sherri wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:10 pm
andysfootball wrote:

You probably came over here in search of a better lifestyle, maybe, but you weren't a refugee ie immediately on welfare, no job for years etc

To me, what we need to look at with refugees (and we are so not allowed to without causing manufactured outrage), is how successful different groups are at settling in after eg 12 months, 5 years etc
Some of the studies we are rarely see mentioned have shown some refugee groups where
-after 5 years, the majority don't speak enough English to get by without an interpreter
-after 5 years, between 70-95% of them are still unemployed and on full benefits.
-they are over-represented in the violent crime statistics

What you find is if any of these stats do hit the papers, the current Australians are blamed 100% for all this. No fault at all is placed on those migrant groups. This needs to turn around. No matter where the fault lies, if the fact is that up to 95% of a group is unemployed after 5 years, with little English, then it isn't working.

There are migrant groups where on the whole it works well. English, NZ, Chinese, Italian, Greek, Polish etc
There have been some others (including one from Europe) where it is a complete failure. Sudanese are currently our biggest problem down here in Melbourne, as far as violence & crime goes. I have that direct from the police, but not any who are up in the top ranks-more the feet on the ground.

Plus we have ridiculous problems with overcrowded roads, hospitals, public transport, power problems. Govt keeps letting in new people as it makes the economy look booming but the quality of life drops. Time to cut migration, suck up a slower economy for a while, only let in groups with a track record of reasonable success.
don't take the p*ss sherri, he's a pom, he needed rescuing :)

niagraa
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by niagraa » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:47 pm

actually sherri, the nitty gritty no b*llshit, the only refugee I want to be saved are...christians...

no more wogs of the middle eastern kind unless they are true christians and true refugees, no filthy lieing raping animals, no scum who hate everything about the country they try to enter, no more crap ever from them or from lefty idiots who try to defend them, if the lefty scum get upset, then they can get on the very same boat that I would use to send these filthy lieing mozlem scum back out of the country.

as a last resort, gun the b*stards down before they gun us down.

niagraa
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by niagraa » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:03 pm

as for some migrants only speaking a little English..

I once knew an English lady who spoke way too much of it..

damn that woman could talk, mrs Wharton, she'd come over before breakfast before I went to school, and I got p*ssed off one day because I only had an hour for lunch when I had to go home for it at lunch time, 12 bloody 30 my mum started cooking it, and she was mad at me cos' I was mad at her, bloody poms, causing bloody grief..

she had 2 kids I think to her first husband, but I know when we first met them that she had two kids to her second husband, an Irishman, kept to himself, bit of a loner, strong hatred for catholics, who could blame him, he saw his father stoned to death when he was 8 years old..

looking at the middle east, and the religious regime that most of that place is under, stoning's being a common thing..

we all need to pray and to take action that this crap will never be the regime that our descendants will be subjected too.

ralph
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by ralph » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:23 am

andysfootball wrote:

Not a refugee Andy, but economic migrant/someone trying to improve their life style. I have stated that there is nothing wrong with the aspiration. I also said that if the club you are trying to join has decided that the new applicants will change the club so greatly that the current members will be unhappy, they should have the right to refuse new applications. You have chosen a path that suits you and with which you are happy. I seem to remember that in the 1960's when I used regularly visit Australia, the population was around the 12 million mark. I looked up the recent figures and demographics and clearly the changes that have occurred since then, on balance, are beginning to cause some disquiet among the old hands.

It has to faced, if people from a completely different cultural background move into a country, have children who are born there but because of their family and social environment, follow the customs and practices of the countries from which their parents came, it may well and understandably not be to the liking of a great many people. Changes like this go on all the time around the world, but there are always winners and losers and populations threatened with changes that they don't like, are sure in the end to fight their corner and spats will occur along the way.

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:43 am

The world has always been in a state of flux I suppose. Change is inevitable.
But I think we need to look at our welfare systems in particular because I am pretty sure some refugees have chosen UK or Aust not because they are attracted to the lifestyle in any way, shape or form, but because of the money. The handouts.
Let's face it, it is the international motivator, isn't it.

Niagraa, I wouldn't say the only migrants we should have are Christians but there are some muslim countries & some African areas where I think it is too high risk to take many people from. If you've been brought up in very violent conditions it can carry over.

niagraa
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by niagraa » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:32 am

sherri wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:43 am
Niagraa, I wouldn't say the only migrants we should have are Christians but there are some muslim countries & some African areas where I think it is too high risk to take many people from. If you've been brought up in very violent conditions it can carry over.
yeh right, like when tony abbot said we will only take Christian Syrians, a*sehole turnbull stole the top job and said we will take in mozlem Syrians, last time I saw, mozlem Syrians were not being slaughtered and have their torsos hung up on a hook ready to be used as food, the Christian Syrians were, I can find the video film of these torsos if you like, along with arms and legs and heads thrown into their own piles, this is a fact sherri, in some circumstances the problem itself may not be mozlems, but the problem is islam, and then the problem mozlems WILL sort out the non problem mozlems either by sword, or adherence..

and as a note, the mongrel obama never intended to take Christian refugees either.

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:28 am

Niagraa, I haven't any wish to see the video film.
I would not be letting anyone in from Syria unless they were certified Christian. Syria is one of the no go countries as far as I am concerned. I'm aware that the Syrian Christians were the main ones in that area in dire need of a place to flee to.

But I have friends who are neither Christian nor muslim-from countries such as Sri Lanka & Indonesia. Can't see why they shouldn't be here. They were normal migrants, not refugees. Buddhists & Hindus don't seem to pose much threat.

Return to “The Corner Shop”