The World has gone mad

Welcome to The Corner Shop

Moderator: andysfootball

User avatar
niagraa
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:58 pm

Re: The World has gone mad

Post by niagraa » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:28 am

yeh, but if our government see's so fit to bring in refugees, why not bring in real Christian refugees fleeing from mozlem persecution, instead of filthy bogus country shopping mozlem scum ?

this is OUR country, I don't wan't mozlem filth who hates my way of life, I will accept christians,. even if they never contribute to our society, at least they won't try to change our society into something else.

User avatar
niagraa
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:58 pm

Re: The World has gone mad

Post by niagraa » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:41 am

sherri wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:28 am
Niagraa, I haven't any wish to see the video film.
I would not be letting anyone in from Syria unless they were certified Christian. Syria is one of the no go countries as far as I am concerned. I'm aware that the Syrian Christians were the main ones in that area in dire need of a place to flee to.

But I have friends who are neither Christian nor muslim-from countries such as Sri Lanka & Indonesia. Can't see why they shouldn't be here. They were normal migrants, not refugees. Buddhists & Hindus don't seem to pose much threat.
I have never been against immigration, but why should they be here regardless of what their religion is ?

coming here should be regarded as a privilege, they tow the line (which most of them do, most mozlems will not) or they can p*ss off..

this is NOT their country until they prove themselves to be worthy of it.

P.S. I don't even know if that video is available anywhere anymore, and I would never show it unless someone asked for it, but I assure you, it doe's exist, and I believe it was under assad's regime, but there is no guarantee it stopped in the early times of the dawn of isis.

User avatar
freon
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 3628
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:50 pm

Re: The World has gone mad

Post by freon » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:22 pm

I am living with a lovely Hindu lady who works long hours and still manages to cook clean
even irons my work clothes.I couldn't wish for a better person. Left her home and did a quick
trip to Adelaide and when I arrived home today the house was spotless so its not a religious thing
I am not religious myself and she has hung some Christmas decorations on my front door because
she wants to feel Aussie

cheers

User avatar
Beachbum
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 1123
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:04 am
Location: Canada

Re: The World has gone mad

Post by Beachbum » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:17 am

On the same vein, a few weeks ago a short haul airline in Ontario adopted a slogan which said

"We don't treat our passengers like cattle"

PETA (People for the ethical treatment of animals) objected to this ad on the grounds that it was "Offensive to animals"

Instead of telling the dimwits to have a bacon sandwich and get a life, the airline withdrew the ads and apologized.

We're doomed.

User avatar
sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 25207
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:14 am
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Re: The World has gone mad

Post by sherri » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:55 am

Beachbum wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:17 am
On the same vein, a few weeks ago a short haul airline in Ontario adopted a slogan which said

"We don't treat our passengers like cattle"

PETA (People for the ethical treatment of animals) objected to this ad on the grounds that it was "Offensive to animals"

Instead of telling the dimwits to have a bacon sandwich and get a life, the airline withdrew the ads and apologized.

We're doomed.
Someone has taught the animals how to read? That's some program!! :D

Seriously though, cattle & sheep trucks are extremely crowded, it's a fact. How do these PETA folk think the saying 'cattle class' started in the first place?

ralph
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 4072
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:55 pm

Re: The World has gone mad

Post by ralph » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:10 am

sherri wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:55 am
Beachbum wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:17 am
On the same vein, a few weeks ago a short haul airline in Ontario adopted a slogan which said

"We don't treat our passengers like cattle"

PETA (People for the ethical treatment of animals) objected to this ad on the grounds that it was "Offensive to animals"

Instead of telling the dimwits to have a bacon sandwich and get a life, the airline withdrew the ads and apologized.

We're doomed.
Someone has taught the animals how to read? That's some program!! :D

Seriously though, cattle & sheep trucks are extremely crowded, it's a fact. How do these PETA folk think the saying 'cattle class' started in the first place?
Sherri. you are probably aware that I have taken a great interest in foxes, particularly those that live in towns. I have been photographing and taking a close interest in the foxes that come to my garden, for the last 39 years. As a result, I have come to the attention and have been befriended on social media, by people concerned with the welfare and treatment of animals both wild and raised for food. I am not a vegetarian, though I have found myself eating a great deal less meat in recent years. This is because I have seen so much evidence of the many animals and birds raised for food, being treated with not just with indifference to their welfare, but with the sort of outright brutality that shames the human species. Around the world, we see humans often being treated no better than some of these animals so perhaps I shouldn't be surprised. Nature is brutal and in the wild, it is red in tooth and claw, but we humans know what we are doing and are fully conscious of the fear and suffering we cause to those animals we choose to eat and have a duty to minimise it. Among the things that I find beyond belief, is when I hear people say of animals about to be slaughtered: "They're stupid, they don't know what is happening." or "God put them on Earth for us to eat." It says such a lot about us as a species.

User avatar
niagraa
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:58 pm

Re: The World has gone mad

Post by niagraa » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:35 am

freon wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:22 pm
I am living with a lovely Hindu lady who works long hours and still manages to cook clean
even irons my work clothes.I couldn't wish for a better person. Left her home and did a quick
trip to Adelaide and when I arrived home today the house was spotless so its not a religious thing
I am not religious myself and she has hung some Christmas decorations on my front door because
she wants to feel Aussie

cheers
whats this got to do with anything Freon ?

no one ever said that people who actually want to be here while respecting the locals are not accepted, mate, I was rootin' Timorese chicks in Darwin when I was 17, that doesn't make me a hero, it makes me a guy who accepted and was accepted by other nationalities, but I will never tolerate anyone who hates everything my country stands for, whether they are mozlem Russian, north Korean or even Indonesian..

User avatar
niagraa
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:58 pm

Re: The World has gone mad

Post by niagraa » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:42 am

Beachbum wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:17 am
On the same vein, a few weeks ago a short haul airline in Ontario adopted a slogan which said

"We don't treat our passengers like cattle"

PETA (People for the ethical treatment of animals) objected to this ad on the grounds that it was "Offensive to animals"

Instead of telling the dimwits to have a bacon sandwich and get a life, the airline withdrew the ads and apologized.

We're doomed.
like I said mate, just little ridiculous things from the left, but notice how people are bowing down to it..

saw a video once, about the way mongrel people were treating chickens bred for kfc, think it might have been a peta vid, but Pamela Anderson endorsed it, so I wont disagree with everything that peta doe's..

politics is one thing, but when arseholes go out of their way to break the legs of innocent animals/birds, I will gladly break the legs of those gutless b*****d supposedly human filth with all the smiles I could muster..

we eat animals yes, but cruelty is not acceptable, I love my kfc, but respect for life is also what I want.

User avatar
sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 25207
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:14 am
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Re: The World has gone mad

Post by sherri » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:17 pm

ralph wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:10 am
sherri wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:55 am
Beachbum wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:17 am
On the same vein, a few weeks ago a short haul airline in Ontario adopted a slogan which said

"We don't treat our passengers like cattle"

PETA (People for the ethical treatment of animals) objected to this ad on the grounds that it was "Offensive to animals"

Instead of telling the dimwits to have a bacon sandwich and get a life, the airline withdrew the ads and apologized.

We're doomed.
Someone has taught the animals how to read? That's some program!! :D

Seriously though, cattle & sheep trucks are extremely crowded, it's a fact. How do these PETA folk think the saying 'cattle class' started in the first place?
Sherri. you are probably aware that I have taken a great interest in foxes, particularly those that live in towns. I have been photographing and taking a close interest in the foxes that come to my garden, for the last 39 years. As a result, I have come to the attention and have been befriended on social media, by people concerned with the welfare and treatment of animals both wild and raised for food. I am not a vegetarian, though I have found myself eating a great deal less meat in recent years. This is because I have seen so much evidence of the many animals and birds raised for food, being treated with not just with indifference to their welfare, but with the sort of outright brutality that shames the human species. Around the world, we see humans often being treated no better than some of these animals so perhaps I shouldn't be surprised. Nature is brutal and in the wild, it is red in tooth and claw, but we humans know what we are doing and are fully conscious of the fear and suffering we cause to those animals we choose to eat and have a duty to minimise it. Among the things that I find beyond belief, is when I hear people say of animals about to be slaughtered: "They're stupid, they don't know what is happening." or "God put them on Earth for us to eat." It says such a lot about us as a species.
I agree with everything you say. The way humans sometimes treat animals is shameful. But we shouldn't be surprised because some humans are often cruel to other humans too. I've read there is a correlation. Those who deliberately torture animals are no respecters of human life either.
My daughter is vegetarian & won't touch maccas, even the chips, as she read the way they kill chooks is cruel.

The airline sign may not have been 100% politically correct but what it was implying was 100% accurate. Cattle are herded to the slaughter houses in very crowded conditions. Sort of like the trains that took people to Auschwitz. The mentality is the same-they're going to d*e anyway so why bother.

Animals do feel terror & pain.

User avatar
Pilot
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 17041
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:50 pm
Location: Saudi Shields

Re: The World has gone mad

Post by Pilot » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:39 pm

:shock: I watched a program some years ago about a farmer who brought up his livestock like family pets, they were hand fed and there was a lot of interaction with the farmer and his family and kids, very nice until he said .......and we get premium price at slaughter because the meat is so much better. :shock: It was in OZ too.
I voted leave

Image

User avatar
niagraa
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:58 pm

Re: The World has gone mad

Post by niagraa » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:59 pm

Pilot wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:39 pm
:shock: I watched a program some years ago about a farmer who brought up his livestock like family pets, they were hand fed and there was a lot of interaction with the farmer and his family and kids, very nice until he said .......and we get premium price at slaughter because the meat is so much better. :shock: It was in OZ too.
some animals are just naturally a part of our diet, not wise to make pets out of them, but cruelty should not be a part of any of it..

killed humanely is the way it should be done..

I know some countries slaughter animals that we wouldn't because normally they are pets, but once again, if they insist on killing these animals, do it humanely..

ya wanna be shocked pilot ?

how about seeing Asian arseholes boiling cats and dogs alive, holding a live cat against a fence with a blowtorch to it's head, what possible use could that serve ? or taking a dog on a leash out into the street and burning it alive and selling its meat as street food.

or cutting of the four legs at the knee of a cattle so it can't run away as they skin it alive, but you've been around pilot, i'm sure you have seen the same cruelty by the dirty filthy mozlem scum in the middle east.

if I ever see some filthy so-called human scum committing these acts, I will do the same back to them, it's the least the dirty b*stards deserve.

User avatar
Beachbum
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 1123
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:04 am
Location: Canada

Re: The World has gone mad

Post by Beachbum » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:00 am

Many years ago, in a previous house, Beachbitch and I got friendly with a new neighbor.
The family were Italian and grew an awful lot of their own produce.
One day we were over at their place chatting and he took us around the back of his house and showed us a half a dozen rabbits he had in a hutch
He had names for them all and stroked them and talked to them while he poured out food for them.
Months later, we were invited over for supper. It was stew.
I think it was about her second forkful that Beachbitch realized she was eating "Charlie"
I thought she was going to throw up.

User avatar
niagraa
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:58 pm

Re: The World has gone mad

Post by niagraa » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:55 am

Beachbum wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:00 am
Many years ago, in a previous house, Beachbitch and I got friendly with a new neighbor.
The family were Italian and grew an awful lot of their own produce.
One day we were over at their place chatting and he took us around the back of his house and showed us a half a dozen rabbits he had in a hutch
He had names for them all and stroked them and talked to them while he poured out food for them.
Months later, we were invited over for supper. It was stew.
I think it was about her second forkful that Beachbitch realized she was eating "Charlie"
I thought she was going to throw up.
yep, don't turn them into pets, eating is one thing, loving them is another, I couldn't do it, it would be like murdering a friend..

went to an abbotoir in the northern territory about 40 years ago, it was all buffalo, one buffalo taken in, killed with a .22 ramset gun, straight into the brain, quick and humane, but, all in a line other buffalo herded in, knew what was happening, there was a young buffalo in the line, probably a year old, made a noise, both adult buffalo in front and behind looked at him, you could see they were scared, but also concerned about the younger buffalo..

I,ll never forget that, animals care and love no differently to what humans do, I really think they be should slaughtered away from the other animals so they don't know what is about to happen, it's heart breaking when you think about it, I also noticed there were 3 people in charge of the ramset gun, probably for safety reasons,but I swear, none of those guys looked happy, I believe taking the lives of these cattle were preying on their minds..

it's a job that I would never do.

ralph
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 4072
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:55 pm

Re: The World has gone mad

Post by ralph » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:21 pm

niagraa wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:55 am
Beachbum wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:00 am
Many years ago, in a previous house, Beachbitch and I got friendly with a new neighbor.
The family were Italian and grew an awful lot of their own produce.
One day we were over at their place chatting and he took us around the back of his house and showed us a half a dozen rabbits he had in a hutch
He had names for them all and stroked them and talked to them while he poured out food for them.
Months later, we were invited over for supper. It was stew.
I think it was about her second forkful that Beachbitch realized she was eating "Charlie"
I thought she was going to throw up.
yep, don't turn them into pets, eating is one thing, loving them is another, I couldn't do it, it would be like murdering a friend..

went to an abbotoir in the northern territory about 40 years ago, it was all buffalo, one buffalo taken in, killed with a .22 ramset gun, straight into the brain, quick and humane, but, all in a line other buffalo herded in, knew what was happening, there was a young buffalo in the line, probably a year old, made a noise, both adult buffalo in front and behind looked at him, you could see they were scared, but also concerned about the younger buffalo..

I,ll never forget that, animals care and love no differently to what humans do, I really think they be should slaughtered away from the other animals so they don't know what is about to happen, it's heart breaking when you think about it, I also noticed there were 3 people in charge of the ramset gun, probably for safety reasons,but I swear, none of those guys looked happy, I believe taking the lives of these cattle were preying on their minds..

it's a job that I would never do.
You are right , I defy anyone wo spends their days slaughtering animals to remain 'normal' in any meaningful sense of the word. It is horrible to watch and must have some deep effect on those doing it.

User avatar
gnads
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 11939
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:20 am
Location: Queensland

Re: The World has gone mad

Post by gnads » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:31 pm

andysfootball wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:51 pm
I still go back to Shields a fair bit

And I was sort of an economic refugee.
No comparison Andy ... you came through legitimate processes.

Boaties i.e. those on Manus, Nauru and Christmas Island are illegal, queue jumping, country shopping, economic migrants.

Many aren't from the strife torn Middle East either. There are also Nth Africans, Bangladeshi, Sri Lankan and Pakistanis.

The common denominator is that they are Muslims.

The biggest proportion are young males of military service age. Speaks volumes.

They are a 21st century plague. And have caused trouble in every western country they have been allowed into.
Nappies & Politicians should be changed often. Both for the same reason.
I don't have an attitude I have a personality you can't handle.

User avatar
gnads
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 11939
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:20 am
Location: Queensland

Re: The World has gone mad

Post by gnads » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:37 pm

Beachbum wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:17 am
On the same vein, a few weeks ago a short haul airline in Ontario adopted a slogan which said

"We don't treat our passengers like cattle"

PETA (People for the ethical treatment of animals) objected to this ad on the grounds that it was "Offensive to animals"

Instead of telling the dimwits to have a bacon sandwich and get a life, the airline withdrew the ads and apologized.

We're doomed.
Yes Beachy utter madness kowtowing to this sort of extreme activist BS. They need to be told to get on their bikes.
Nappies & Politicians should be changed often. Both for the same reason.
I don't have an attitude I have a personality you can't handle.

User avatar
gnads
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 11939
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:20 am
Location: Queensland

Re: The World has gone mad

Post by gnads » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:42 pm

ralph wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:10 am
sherri wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:55 am
Beachbum wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:17 am
On the same vein, a few weeks ago a short haul airline in Ontario adopted a slogan which said

"We don't treat our passengers like cattle"

PETA (People for the ethical treatment of animals) objected to this ad on the grounds that it was "Offensive to animals"

Instead of telling the dimwits to have a bacon sandwich and get a life, the airline withdrew the ads and apologized.

We're doomed.
Someone has taught the animals how to read? That's some program!! :D

Seriously though, cattle & sheep trucks are extremely crowded, it's a fact. How do these PETA folk think the saying 'cattle class' started in the first place?
Sherri. you are probably aware that I have taken a great interest in foxes, particularly those that live in towns. I have been photographing and taking a close interest in the foxes that come to my garden, for the last 39 years. As a result, I have come to the attention and have been befriended on social media, by people concerned with the welfare and treatment of animals both wild and raised for food. I am not a vegetarian, though I have found myself eating a great deal less meat in recent years. This is because I have seen so much evidence of the many animals and birds raised for food, being treated with not just with indifference to their welfare, but with the sort of outright brutality that shames the human species. Around the world, we see humans often being treated no better than some of these animals so perhaps I shouldn't be surprised. Nature is brutal and in the wild, it is red in tooth and claw, but we humans know what we are doing and are fully conscious of the fear and suffering we cause to those animals we choose to eat and have a duty to minimise it. Among the things that I find beyond belief, is when I hear people say of animals about to be slaughtered: "They're stupid, they don't know what is happening." or "God put them on Earth for us to eat." It says such a lot about us as a species.
Ralph that doesn't excuse the stupidity of PETA claiming spoken words in an ad were offensive to animals ... how would they know do they speak to animals?
Nappies & Politicians should be changed often. Both for the same reason.
I don't have an attitude I have a personality you can't handle.

ralph
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 4072
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:55 pm

Re: The World has gone mad

Post by ralph » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:24 am

gnads wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:42 pm
ralph wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:10 am
sherri wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:55 am


Someone has taught the animals how to read? That's some program!! :D

Seriously though, cattle & sheep trucks are extremely crowded, it's a fact. How do these PETA folk think the saying 'cattle class' started in the first place?
Sherri. you are probably aware that I have taken a great interest in foxes, particularly those that live in towns. I have been photographing and taking a close interest in the foxes that come to my garden, for the last 39 years. As a result, I have come to the attention and have been befriended on social media, by people concerned with the welfare and treatment of animals both wild and raised for food. I am not a vegetarian, though I have found myself eating a great deal less meat in recent years. This is because I have seen so much evidence of the many animals and birds raised for food, being treated with not just with indifference to their welfare, but with the sort of outright brutality that shames the human species. Around the world, we see humans often being treated no better than some of these animals so perhaps I shouldn't be surprised. Nature is brutal and in the wild, it is red in tooth and claw, but we humans know what we are doing and are fully conscious of the fear and suffering we cause to those animals we choose to eat and have a duty to minimise it. Among the things that I find beyond belief, is when I hear people say of animals about to be slaughtered: "They're stupid, they don't know what is happening." or "God put them on Earth for us to eat." It says such a lot about us as a species.
Ralph that doesn't excuse the stupidity of PETA claiming spoken words in an ad were offensive to animals ... how would they know do they speak to animals?
Gnads, pressure groups of all kinds sometimes make the mistake of treating their target groups as if they were five year old children and what might have seemed smart when sitting around a table of like-minded enthusiasts, can badly backfire when exposed to the people in the real world. Many an advertising agency has found this out to their cost.

Post Reply

Return to “The Corner Shop”