home made butter chicken.

Welcome to The Corner Shop

Moderator: andysfootball

niagraa
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

home made butter chicken.

Post by niagraa » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:22 am

for the small list of ingredients used, this stuff tastes amazing, try it.

butter chicken
--------------------

brown 2 cups of diced onion in oil or butter, when using butter, add a bit of oil anyway, it stops the butter from burning..

remove from pan into a bowl..

fry 1.4 kilo of diced chicken.

tip: thighs have a better taste than breast.. (chickens only, with women it's the other way around)

if too much juice occurs in the pan, carefully tip it out, then continue frying until the chicken is slightly browned.

add the onion back into the pan.

add in three fifths of a cup of curry powder and mix well into the chicken..

I like using a mixture of keens curry, clive of india curry, black and gold brand curry and an authentic Asian meat curry powder, any amount of each is o.k., or just use one brand if you like.

add 3 cans of condensed tomato soup, (I only use 2 cans of soup for a thicker mixture) heat through and simmer until your happy with its consistency...

stir in half a cup of sour cream, or other cream works as well..

serve with rice..

I just mix the rice straight in with the chicken in the pan, saves mixing it on a plate, makes bloody heaps :)
-------------------------------------------------------

rice
------------
in a microwave safe bowl, put in two cups of rice, a dash of oil, and 3 cups of water. (rice/water ratio is always 1 to 1 1/2 for the microwave)

cook on high for 18 minutes, remove from microwave, cover immediately for 5 minutes, uncover then stir the rice with a fork to separate the rice..

let cool a bit or use straight away.

it's bloody good tucker.

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: home made butter chicken.

Post by sherri » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:25 pm

That would make a lot of chicken!! I haven't seen it made with tomato soup, usually passata but that is tomatoes too I suppose.

Next we know you'll be on Masterchef or family food fight!

niagraa
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: home made butter chicken.

Post by niagraa » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:08 am

sherri wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:25 pm
That would make a lot of chicken!! I haven't seen it made with tomato soup, usually passata but that is tomatoes too I suppose.

Next we know you'll be on Masterchef or family food fight!
its just a recipe I stole from youtube, easy to cook, cos' i'm not much of a cook in reality, after scoring two bottles of thickened cream last week, I was looking for something to use the cream in, then I forgot to use it for my first feed of it, so added cream to what was left, I think it might be better without the cream, cream took out too much of the bite from the curry..

I made a small one about 3 in the morning using a jar of butter chicken, didn't even have half the taste of the tomato soup one, and guess what, I burnt the bloody rice and the microwave jug I put it in, not enough water, but I was drinking 4 day old bourbon last night, so ive got a good excuse :)

plenty of thickened cream left though, might just whip it up with sugar and cocoa and call it the poor mans chocolate moose.

plus, I figured a recipe post wouldn't get deleted hee hee hee...

Return to “The Corner Shop”