LA Dodgers v Houston Astros

Welcome to The Corner Shop

Moderator: andysfootball

andysfootball

LA Dodgers v Houston Astros

Post by andysfootball » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:45 pm

Have been in LA for a couple of days now and leaving on Thursday.

Here at quite a good time as the World Series is on and it's now 3-2 to the Astros.

The game last night went on for over five hours.

Still not sure why it's called the world series but it was more entertaining than I would have expected.

Spent the day out in Santa Monica yesterday at the Pier, Muscle Beach and Third Avenue Shopping.

Off to Hollywood and The Farmers Markets today.

Americas a bit more expensive than I thought.

Certainly more expensive for Aussie visitors than eight or nine years ago.

Still don't like this tipping malarkey especially when you are paying up front with a credit card and there's different tipping options.

Basically if you don't tip expect shyte service and if you do tip expect average service.
STAY CALM AND SANDDANCE ON

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: LA Dodgers v Houston Astros

Post by sherri » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:42 pm

what would worry me is when buying, not knowing the exact total of what it will cost unless you do constant maths calculations before you buy.

I'd enjoy seeing the farmer's markets though.

niagraa
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: LA Dodgers v Houston Astros

Post by niagraa » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:14 pm

yep, it was good when the aussie dollar was around the same or a tad higher than the yankee dollar, buying stuff online from overseas was cheaper, then our dollar went down costing us more on those foreign goods.

all the experts reckoned it was good for our economy that our dollar went back way below the yank dollar, I don't get that, they're a bunch of w*nkers these economists.

our dollars worth about 77 cents to the yanks at the moment, I think it was early 80's it went down to 68 cents, that means that if you went to the u.s. every dollar you grossed at work, you probably lost 50 cents after tax and then spending the rest in America, stupid time to visit there I reckon, wonder if it'll get that low again..

Return to “The Corner Shop”