boy howdy, should florida learn from holland ?

Welcome to The Corner Shop

Moderator: andysfootball

max Headroom
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: boy howdy, should florida learn from holland ?

Post by max Headroom » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:53 am

max Headroom wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:35 am
Most damage we get is from flying parts from other houses, hate to live in a timber house and get a 4x2 coming through the walls.
Fancy that I am quoting my self.......4x2's can also go though block houses.
USA USA USA, DESTROY, KILL, MAIM, WAR HERO'S ALL OF US, I LOVE TRUMP GOD BLESS ARRRRHMERIA, OPEN CARRY, MORE KILL, FRIENDLY FIRE.

niagraa
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by niagraa » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:56 am

max Headroom wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:50 am
He just wants to prance around his house with his six gun, the problem is some people over there will take if off you and use it, there is alway someone nastier.
I heard some mob wanted to confiscate guns before the hurricane arrived, don't know how far they got with that idea, but it would have been illegal anyway.

niagraa
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by niagraa » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:02 am

max Headroom wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:53 am
max Headroom wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:35 am
Most damage we get is from flying parts from other houses, hate to live in a timber house and get a 4x2 coming through the walls.
Fancy that I am quoting my self.......4x2's can also go though block houses.
I reckon that if a piece of roofing iron can cut through steel and through a human in a cyclone, then even just a piece of 2" x 2" wooden offcut could probably go through a skull, dangerous stuff eh.

Daddy O
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Daddy O » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:06 am

Did I hit a raw nerve? Apparently so.

Hurricane is over. No damage to my house. No Flooding.....other than my Pool is running over......woe is me.'

Six gun? Hell no. Only an idiot who knows nothing about firearms would make such a stupid statement. My preference is a Smith & Wesson .40 caliber semiautomatic with 15 rounds (16 if you carry with a round in the chamber).

Stupid is as Stupid does Little Forrest. [-X

max Headroom
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by max Headroom » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:15 am

Is that all about as effective as a paint ball.

tugger
USA USA USA, DESTROY, KILL, MAIM, WAR HERO'S ALL OF US, I LOVE TRUMP GOD BLESS ARRRRHMERIA, OPEN CARRY, MORE KILL, FRIENDLY FIRE.

andysfootball

Post by andysfootball » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:34 am

the fewer people hurt the better

terrible to have to see people rebuilding homes and losing everything

hopefully the insurance companies don't wait years to allow people rebuild and refurnish

I'm sure that a cyclone passed through Brisbane this year but although schools were closed and a lot of damage in some areas occurred they didn't want to totally spook the populace. Parts of NSW got smashed and severely flooded near the QLD border

anyway the aftermath for some people is never good
STAY CALM AND SANDDANCE ON

niagraa
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by niagraa » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:55 am

yeh, but if you refer to duddyo as "people" that's just taking liberties with the English language :)

whip
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by whip » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:59 pm

England has had it's share of bad weather.
---------------------------------------------------

1953: North Sea flood
A severe windstorm over the North Sea combined with an unusually high spring tide caused a storm surge in both eastern England and Holland. Over 300 people died in Lincolnshire, Norfolk, Suffolk and Essex, and in Holland around 1,800 died.

1891: Great Blizzard
More than 200 people died and Cornwall and Devon completely cut off from the rest of the country by a great blanket of snow that covered much of the two counties.

1881: Eyemouth Disaster
The southern coast of Berwickshire, Scotland, was struck by a severe windstorm on 14 October 1881, killing 189 fishermen, many from the village of Eyemouth. The event is still referred to locally as "Black Friday".

1703: Great Storm
The Great Storm of 1703 was described as the worst natural disaster ever to hit southern Britain. Between 8,000 and 15,000 lives were lost and the lead roofing was blown off Westminster Abbey.

1607: Bristol floods
Some 2,000 people drowned around the Severn Estuary, with 200 square miles of farmland inundated. Long blamed on a storm surge, it is now suspected that the devastation was caused by a tsunami.
GB FIRST

niagraa
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by niagraa » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:03 pm

whip wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:59 pm
England has had it's share of bad weather.
---------------------------------------------------

1953: North Sea flood
A severe windstorm over the North Sea combined with an unusually high spring tide caused a storm surge in both eastern England and Holland. Over 300 people died in Lincolnshire, Norfolk, Suffolk and Essex, and in Holland around 1,800 died.

1891: Great Blizzard
More than 200 people died and Cornwall and Devon completely cut off from the rest of the country by a great blanket of snow that covered much of the two counties.

1881: Eyemouth Disaster
The southern coast of Berwickshire, Scotland, was struck by a severe windstorm on 14 October 1881, killing 189 fishermen, many from the village of Eyemouth. The event is still referred to locally as "Black Friday".

1703: Great Storm
The Great Storm of 1703 was described as the worst natural disaster ever to hit southern Britain. Between 8,000 and 15,000 lives were lost and the lead roofing was blown off Westminster Abbey.

1607: Bristol floods
Some 2,000 people drowned around the Severn Estuary, with 200 square miles of farmland inundated. Long blamed on a storm surge, it is now suspected that the devastation was caused by a tsunami.
that's just it mate, natural disasters..

and natural disasters is what the hurricanes in the u.s. are..

Jennifer Lawrence some dumb crazy lefty actress b***h blames the existence of the hurricanes on Donald trump and also claims the hurricanes are gods punishment against those who voted for trump..

fair dinkum, these lefty Hollywood morons get more stupid each day.

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:52 am

niagraa wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:03 pm

and natural disasters is what the hurricanes in the u.s. are..

Jennifer Lawrence some dumb crazy lefty actress b***h blames the existence of the hurricanes on Donald trump and also claims the hurricanes are gods punishment against those who voted for trump..

fair dinkum, these lefty Hollywood morons get more stupid each day.
I haven't read a lot in the papers lately so haven't seen it but if she said that, then you're right, she is crazy. I don't know why papers bother to print this kind of thing. Just because she is an actress doesn't make her some sort of climate expert, any more than the average man in the street.

I particularly hate it when people blame things like this on God's wrath. It's a cheap shot. Bad things often happen to good people and vice versa.

niagraa
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by niagraa » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:10 am

sherri wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:52 am

I haven't read a lot in the papers lately so haven't seen it but if she said that, then you're right, she is crazy. I don't know why papers bother to print this kind of thing. Just because she is an actress doesn't make her some sort of climate expert, any more than the average man in the street.

I particularly hate it when people blame things like this on God's wrath. It's a cheap shot. Bad things often happen to good people and vice versa.
probably not in the papers anyway sherri, I get news on the idiot left via youtube with real reports on these idiots actually saying stupid things.

that tv presenter tucker carlson, way smarter than most people, he beats everyone down with facts and commonsense..

as for actors, most of Hollywood are just a bunch of lefty morons trying to influence the u.s. people with their opinions and never offer any facts to back those opinions up, from trumpy bashing to unproven manmade climate change to black lives matter which is a racist organization against whites, anything they think they can influence people on, they will attempt it..

it's some kind of tinsell town political correctness scheme, trying to tell people what to think, not to think for themselves.

Return to “The Corner Shop”