Post by sherri »

andysfootball wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:37 pm
not in favour myself like

but why can't the government decide

and reduce the expense

nothing against poofters and lesbos

but don't like their political agenda
I don't like their political agenda either.
Most particularly where it is all going in schools and kindergartens, where it is getting to be almost a crime to refer to mothers & fathers or even boys & girls.
I am in favour of legal unions for gays.
I am not in favour of what looks like no protection for religious folk-ministers & celebrants who do not wish to perform the ceremonies-they should not have to, or be in a position where they can be sued if they don't.

ralph
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: plebicite for the gay people

Post by ralph »

I'm fed up with all kinds of people who label themselves as 'Activists'. It seems to be an 'umbrella' for people hell-bent on causing a fuss. I just want a quiet life.

freon
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by freon »

I dont care what grown people do in their own privacy but I don't like abnormal activity jammed down my neck as normal.

We are going to have legally married gays adopting and bringing up kids thinking its normal to have two mums or two dads
if it was normal activity they wouldnt be here in the first place. I feel for the kids, it is going to get my NO vote because it is also
a waste of money which should be spent on the health system

cheers

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri »

If they just gave it another name-union, whatever-anything except marriage, but also gave it an identical legal position as marriage, then I think 90% of any opposition would fade away. That way the legal definition of marriage would be a man/woman but gay people would also have their rights.

whip
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by whip »

i watched a programme once.

In Russia they lock gay people up a zillion miles away from humanity. Outer Siberia area.

They also do it to Pedophiles.

A damn good game plan so it is.

I am not tolerant towards weirdos.
GB FIRST

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri »

Lock up p*edophiles yes, but not gay people. As long as they are law abiding, why should they be punished for being different to the norm and about something most of them have no control over?

whip
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by whip »

sherri wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:08 pm
Lock up p*edophiles yes, but not gay people. As long as they are law abiding, why should they be punished for being different to the norm and about something most of them have no control over?
I would lock them up.

No if's or but's.
GB FIRST

champion.
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by champion. »

whip wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:07 pm
sherri wrote:
I would lock them up.

No if's or butt's.
:shock: :lol:

ralph
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by ralph »

whip wrote:
sherri wrote:
I would lock them up.

No if's or but's.
I won't go on to list the number of brilliant people who were homosexual or the contributions they have made to society, for most people are aware of them. I don't have a problem with you expressing your feelings on the subject, we are all entitled to do that, but is not your solution a teeny bit over the top? :lol: :lol: :lol:

andysfootball

Post by andysfootball »

ralph wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:04 pm
whip wrote:
sherri wrote:
I would lock them up.

No stif's or but's.
I won't go on to list the number of brilliant people who were homosexual or the contributions they have made to society, for most people are aware of them. I don't have a problem with you expressing your feelings on the subject, we are all entitled to do that, but is not your solution a teeny bit over the top? :lol: :lol: :lol:
ok whip
STAY CALM AND SANDDANCE ON

whip
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by whip »

For many my plan which I must insist is a damn good one would be OTT.

Human rights is fine but not to encourage weirdos to do their depraved acts.

Next thing will possible be humans can get legally married to animals.

Lock them up before the whole saga gets out of control.
GB FIRST

gnads
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by gnads »

andysfootball wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:37 pm
not in favour myself like

but why can't the government decide

and reduce the expense

nothing against poofters and lesbos

but don't like their political agenda
Labor wants Parliament to decide because it has a large demographic of certain voters in Labor held seats who will vote - NO.
As a Labor voter I am ashamed at the direction this party has now been taken by PC progressives who sell their soul for votes
from fast growing minorities that don't like us except for our welfare benefits.

Here's a part of a Parliamentary speech Pauline Hanson made on the 9th August 2017.
The Muslim vote has pushed hard for Labor to abandon its traditional support for Israel and they have kept Labor silent on the fate of Christians in the Middle East, particularly Maronite and Coptic Christians, who once made up 20 per cent of the Middle East and now make up less than 5 per cent. In the lower house seat of Blaxland, in NSW, there are 50,995 Muslims, or 29.2 per cent of the population. In the Sydney seat of Watson, there are 40, 903 Muslims or 23.4 per cent of the population. In Victoria it’s a similar situation. In Calwell, there are 29,324 Muslims and in Werriwa there are 21, 761 Muslims.
Labor has made a conscious decision to sell its soul for the Muslim vote. Every speech and every comment made by Labor is now made with reference to keeping the Muslim vote. Labor cannot speak out in opposition or act in government on issues affecting Australian Muslims because it fears losing seats in parliament. The numbers are so finely balanced in the lower house of this parliament that the loss of this small clutch of seats would see Labor’s chance of government end. Labor’s dependence on the Muslim vote is frightening, because a small but fast-growing group, opposed to our way of life, is bending Labor to its will. And communities of Coptic Christians and Lebanese Maronites and other Christians know how that story ends.
The Muslim vote opposes same-s*x marriage because the notion of sexual orientation is against the fundamental teachings of Islam. So here is Labor’s dilemma: how does Labor get same-s*x marriage passed, bury the hundreds of thousands of ‘no’ votes and not upset Muslims in Labor electorates? The best way forward is to let parliament decide, and then they will tell their Muslim voters they had to follow the party line—gutless!
It is common knowledge that areas with high concentrations of Australian Muslims are also areas associated with organised crime and acts of terrorism performed in the name of Islam. Labor knows this as well as any Australian, but it cannot speak directly, so it talks in riddles. Who can forget Bill Shorten talking to the cameras about combating extreme extremism and hoping those watching could see that he was like any one in a hostage situation. He was communicating in riddles, hoping not to offend the hostage takers—that is, the Muslim vote in Australia.
Nappies & Politicians should be changed often. Both for the same reason.
I don't have an attitude I have a personality you can't handle.

andysfootball

Post by andysfootball »

voted no

couldn't get to the post box quick enough

once the form arrived

niagraa
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by niagraa »

andysfootball wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:38 am
voted no

once the form arrived
when I bother to go and pick up my mail from the local shop and get my vote slip or whatever it is, i'll be writing..

no! no way ! get f!@#$% ! f!@# off..

you know how that song goes.

then ill write on it, stop wasting millions of dollars on all this ridiculous b*llshit.

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri »

What upsets me most is that it seems to me there is a bullying atmosphere about this whole vote. I don't appreciate business corporations telling me what I should vote when the issue isn't even remotely concerned with their business.
I don't like hearing of people being sacked or losing a job because they happened to mention on their facebook page they were voting no.

And then the yes voters have the cheek to say it's the no side that are the bullies.

Both my daughters support the idea of gays being allowed to marry but have been so put off by the whole bullying atmosphere that they aren't voting-threw out their forms. Don't care. My eldest said she had been going to vote yes but it's a turn off being told what she has to vote.

My worry is once you change legal definitions, you leave the way open to interest groups pushing other definitions. If marriage can be man-woman, why couldn't it be 3 people etc. Muslims here are already pushing for this definition. And it would affect welfare.

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri »

niagraa wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:22 pm
andysfootball wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:38 am
voted no

once the form arrived
when I bother to go and pick up my mail from the local shop and get my vote slip or whatever it is, i'll be writing..

no! no way ! get f!@#$% ! f!@# off..

you know how that song goes.

then ill write on it, stop wasting millions of dollars on all this ridiculous b*llshit.
No need to.
My daughter was telling me something. We thought it was funny, anyway.

She went to an online site to read about the vote-I think it may have been the govt site itself but maybe not.

Anyway-she was reading FAQ-frequently asked questions.

One of them was-if you draw a p*nis in either the yes or no box instead of putting a tick, would your vote still be counted.

The answer was yes, it would, as long as you only marked one box. If you include other stuff in the envelope, then it may not be counted.

So there you go niagraa.

Really, you have to wonder-were there enough people out there asking that question for it to become a FAQ? :lol:

If I didn't think it might have other legal repercussions, I would be voting yes, by the way. (with a tick)

niagraa
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by niagraa »

sherri wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:20 pm
What upsets me most is that it seems to me there is a bullying atmosphere about this whole vote. I don't appreciate business corporations telling me what I should vote when the issue isn't even remotely concerned with their business.
I don't like hearing of people being sacked or losing a job because they happened to mention on their facebook page they were voting no.

And then the yes voters have the cheek to say it's the no side that are the bullies.

Both my daughters support the idea of gays being allowed to marry but have been so put off by the whole bullying atmosphere that they aren't voting-threw out their forms. Don't care. My eldest said she had been going to vote yes but it's a turn off being told what she has to vote.

My worry is once you change legal definitions, you leave the way open to interest groups pushing other definitions. If marriage can be man-woman, why couldn't it be 3 people etc. Muslims here are already pushing for this definition. And it would affect welfare.
yep, exactly, this is about more than just so called marriage equality, its a con that will turn the country on it's ear, I don't care one way or the other about same s*x marriage, but the politics behind it is destructive.

niagraa
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by niagraa »

sherri wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:36 pm
No need to.
My daughter was telling me something. We thought it was funny, anyway.

She went to an online site to read about the vote-I think it may have been the govt site itself but maybe not.

Anyway-she was reading FAQ-frequently asked questions.

One of them was-if you draw a p*nis in either the yes or no box instead of putting a tick, would your vote still be counted.

The answer was yes, it would, as long as you only marked one box. If you include other stuff in the envelope, then it may not be counted.

So there you go niagraa.

Really, you have to wonder-were there enough people out there asking that question for it to become a FAQ? :lol:

If I didn't think it might have other legal repercussions, I would be voting yes, by the way. (with a tick)
what about vaginas ? can I draw vaginas ? I like drawing vaginas :)

and you're right, "you have to wonder-were there enough people out there asking that question for it to become a FAQ?"

what the FAQ are they thinking :)

andysfootball

Post by andysfootball »

probably one of the questions was

will the gayfl be changing their logo?

give it to them sam

Return to “The Corner Shop”