LGBT

Welcome to The Corner Shop

Moderator: andysfootball

User avatar
Daddy O
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 5101
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:49 pm
Location: St. Petersburg, Florida
Contact:

Re: LGBT

Post by Daddy O » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:50 am

And I agree, but the politicians want to FORCE this change on us, and I in return will try my best to FORCE a change in their lives/carriers as well.

User avatar
gnads
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 11901
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:20 am
Location: Queensland

Re: LGBT

Post by gnads » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:57 am

ralph wrote:God help you if any of your children or grand children turn out to be gay and God preserve them from their parents. That having been said, I have always thought that sexual activity should be a private matter for everyone - gay or straight and it would be best if it were kept that way.
Ralph both my sisters sons are gay. I have no problems with peoples sexual leaning.

The problem I have is being forced to endure BS they conjure up in the workplace that has so to speak

them ramming the whole issue down everyones throat ..... so to speak

They should just get on with their lives instead of being constant whining attention seekers.
Nappies & Politicians should be changed often. Both for the same reason.
I don't have an attitude I have a personality you can't handle.

ralph
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 4019
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:55 pm

Re: LGBT

Post by ralph » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:02 am

gnads wrote:
ralph wrote:God help you if any of your children or grand children turn out to be gay and God preserve them from their parents. That having been said, I have always thought that sexual activity should be a private matter for everyone - gay or straight and it would be best if it were kept that way.
Ralph both my sisters sons are gay. I have no problems with peoples sexual leaning.

The problem I have is being forced to endure BS they conjure up in the workplace that has so to speak

them ramming the whole issue down everyones throat ..... so to speak

They should just get on with their lives instead of being constant whining attention seekers.
Gnads, I'm sure that many gay people would agree with you, The Gay Pride marches can be colourful carnivals, but some of the people who take part are sometimes so far 'over the top' that in the end they do far more harm than good for their cause. We have just had one of our MP's, Justine Greening announce that she is in a same s*x relationship, and she is far more typical I suspect of most: quietly got on with her life and no one would have known had she not said so.

I can understand why gay people may want to celebrate the freedoms they have won, because until comparatively recently, they faced discrimination on a scale that seems unimaginable today: criminalised, discriminated against in employment and generally got a very hard time of it. I watched a documentary recently: 'The Stonewall Uprising' an uprising that took place in the US in 1969, and I was shocked at just how badly homosexuals were treated in the US. It was a real eye-opener and like slavery, was a pert of a dark and cruel past.

It turns out that peoples sexuality is far more complicated than just being 'straight or gay' and when we eventually understand genetics better, we will probably find that sexuality, like the shape of your nose or the colour of your eyes is pre-determined by nature and nature does not conform to the rules and prejudices of religious teaching, which is from where most societies derive their ethics and laws.

User avatar
Daddy O
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 5101
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:49 pm
Location: St. Petersburg, Florida
Contact:

Re: LGBT

Post by Daddy O » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:19 pm

ralph wrote:I watched a documentary recently: 'The Stonewall Uprising' an uprising that took place in the US in 1969, and I was shocked at just how badly homosexuals were treated in the US. It was a real eye-opener and like slavery, was a pert of a dark and cruel past.
I mostly agree with you Ralph except when you use one instance and then do not reflect ALL of the facts about Stonewall, which are:

"At the time, the Stonewall Inn was owned by the Mafia. It catered to an assortment of patrons and was known to be popular among the poorest and most marginalized people in the gay community: drag queens, transgender people, effeminate young men, butch lesbians, male prostitutes, and homeless youth. Police raids on gay bars were routine in the 1960s, but officers quickly lost control of the situation at the Stonewall Inn. They attracted a crowd that was incited to riot. Tensions between New York City police and gay residents of Greenwich Village erupted into more protests the next evening, and again several nights later. Within weeks, Village residents quickly organized into activist groups to concentrate efforts on establishing places for gays and lesbians to be open about their sexual orientation without fear of being arrested."


Perhaps the police had a reason to be there, other than busting gay heads?

User avatar
sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 25205
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:14 am
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Re: LGBT

Post by sherri » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:40 am

ralph wrote:, and I was shocked at just how badly homosexuals were treated in the US. It was a real eye-opener and like slavery, was a pert of a dark and cruel past.

It turns out that peoples sexuality is far more complicated than just being 'straight or gay' and when we eventually understand genetics better, we will probably find that sexuality, like the shape of your nose or the colour of your eyes is pre-determined by nature and nature does not conform to the rules and prejudices of religious teaching, which is from where most societies derive their ethics and laws.
I would agree with you that to some extent, sexual orientation is pre-determined though I do think people can also experiment or make do if their first preference isn't available.
It's not a totally black & white area.
But to me, being gay could very well be a matter of genetics. It's not a particularly useful mutation or variation as it doesn't improve the chances of propagating the species, which is what nature is all about.
But it is what it is, same as some people have blue eyes and some brown, and people should be able to go on and lead their lives as they see fit.

I think homosexuality, because it is not all that common & because it was seen as going against mainstream, has been shunned in most societies, not just in USA and not even mainly in USA.
Like a lot of other topics, our societies are going about a re-think about things.
I've worked in a school where one of the assistant prins was a lesbian. She didn't openly parade it, she never referred to her sexual life at all. She just told people she was single if they asked. She was very professional.
Some of us visited her home several times & met her friend but nothing was ever flaunted.

I don't think homosexuality is accepted completely yet in mainstream society, but there is a lot more tolerance than there was, say, 40 years ago.

whip
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 4436
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:23 pm
Location: 3rd Rock From The Sun

Re: LGBT

Post by whip » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:30 am

The law should change and make it an offence against society to engage in homosexuality in any form in sight of the general public.

I for one is not afraid to say that it turns my gut to see a couple of fellas kiss and hold hands whilst walking down street.

Human rights be naffed. Ban it in public.
GB FIRST

ralph
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 4019
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:55 pm

Re: LGBT

Post by ralph » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:31 pm

sherri wrote:
ralph wrote:, and I was shocked at just how badly homosexuals were treated in the US. It was a real eye-opener and like slavery, was a pert of a dark and cruel past.

It turns out that peoples sexuality is far more complicated than just being 'straight or gay' and when we eventually understand genetics better, we will probably find that sexuality, like the shape of your nose or the colour of your eyes is pre-determined by nature and nature does not conform to the rules and prejudices of religious teaching, which is from where most societies derive their ethics and laws.
I would agree with you that to some extent, sexual orientation is pre-determined though I do think people can also experiment or make do if their first preference isn't available.
It's not a totally black & white area.
But to me, being gay could very well be a matter of genetics. It's not a particularly useful mutation or variation as it doesn't improve the chances of propagating the species, which is what nature is all about.
But it is what it is, same as some people have blue eyes and some brown, and people should be able to go on and lead their lives as they see fit.

I think homosexuality, because it is not all that common & because it was seen as going against mainstream, has been shunned in most societies, not just in USA and not even mainly in USA.
Like a lot of other topics, our societies are going about a re-think about things.
I've worked in a school where one of the assistant prins was a lesbian. She didn't openly parade it, she never referred to her sexual life at all. She just told people she was single if they asked. She was very professional.
Some of us visited her home several times & met her friend but nothing was ever flaunted.

I don't think homosexuality is accepted completely yet in mainstream society, but there is a lot more tolerance than there was, say, 40 years ago.
Sherri says: "It's not a particularly useful mutation or variation as it doesn't improve the chances of propagating the species, which is what nature is all about".

Very true Sherri anymore than does sickle cell anaemia, Down's syndrome, and many other inherited conditions that occur where nature has malfunctioned. In evolution, if a malfunction produces a condition that improves the chances of survival, that genetic line will prosper. Where the malfunction does not improve survival, it should eventually fade away - but they don't always and as we know, nature neither produces clones nor perfect (from nature's point of view) copies. If we consider ourselves to be civilised and humane, we cannot kill off nor punish those whom nature has made different. Sometimes where nature has made people different, they turn out if not contributing their DNA to the future of humanity, much in other ways as in the arts, science, music and many other fields. They can of course be just as bad and sometimes worse than many of us. It just depends on the roll of nature's dice. :D

User avatar
sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 25205
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:14 am
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Re: LGBT

Post by sherri » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:40 pm

When you think of it, homosexuality is a minor malfunction genetically. The person is a perfectly functioning human being, with only their sexual preference being different to the majority.
In fact, some homosexuals have married and had a family so it's not 100% black & white, I would say it is along a spectrum, a bit like autism.

I'm guessing I would be howled down by a lot of people for saying it is a malfunction at all. Similar to how some of the deaf are deeply offended if deafness is called a disability.

But in any case, it is a variation from the norm.
I wouldn't suggest we punish anyone for varying from the norm, unless it is a matter of violent criminal behaviour.

User avatar
gnads
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 11901
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:20 am
Location: Queensland

Re: LGBT

Post by gnads » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:18 am

sherri wrote:When you think of it, homosexuality is a minor malfunction genetically. The person is a perfectly functioning human being, with only their sexual preference being different to the majority.
In fact, some homosexuals have married and had a family so it's not 100% black & white, I would say it is along a spectrum, a bit like autism.

I'm guessing I would be howled down by a lot of people for saying it is a malfunction at all. Similar to how some of the deaf are deeply offended if deafness is called a disability.

But in any case, it is a variation from the norm.
I wouldn't suggest we punish anyone for varying from the norm, unless it is a matter of violent criminal behaviour.
If you mean either a woman or a man that has married the opposite s*x and was still attracted to the same s*x they're not usually called
homosexuals ..... they are usually described as being bisexual.

Unless you are speaking of those that get married & live a completely hetrosexual life and have children,
then leave home for good with a same s*x partner & then claim that they have always been homosexual?
Nappies & Politicians should be changed often. Both for the same reason.
I don't have an attitude I have a personality you can't handle.

User avatar
sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 25205
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:14 am
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Re: LGBT

Post by sherri » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:22 am

Probably referring more to the latter, although I know the first example fits some people. All part of being along a spectrum I guess, it isn't black and white.

User avatar
gnads
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 11901
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:20 am
Location: Queensland

Re: LGBT

Post by gnads » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:21 am

sherri wrote:Probably referring more to the latter, although I know the first example fits some people. All part of being along a spectrum I guess, it isn't black and white.
Al Jolson would beg to differ :P
Nappies & Politicians should be changed often. Both for the same reason.
I don't have an attitude I have a personality you can't handle.

User avatar
Daddy O
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 5101
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:49 pm
Location: St. Petersburg, Florida
Contact:

Re: LGBT

Post by Daddy O » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:56 pm

True Gnads..........and I bet Sammy Davis Jr. would also disagree with that statement. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sammy and his wife.............

Image

User avatar
Daddy O
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 5101
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:49 pm
Location: St. Petersburg, Florida
Contact:

Re: LGBT

Post by Daddy O » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:00 pm

Ok, here's the real s*its to all this LGBT crap. The pentagon announced yesterday that the military ban on transsexuals has been lifted.

Sigh........................

I guess the statement of "Don't shoot until you see the whites of their eyes will now change to "Don't shoot until you see the color of their lipstick or the kind of "pump" they are wearing.

Gee I miss General Patton. I can just see him slapping the snot out of a tranny who refused to go on the line.

BWAHAHAHA

User avatar
gnads
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 11901
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:20 am
Location: Queensland

Re: LGBT

Post by gnads » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:25 pm

The Muslims would love tranny prisoners of war.
Nappies & Politicians should be changed often. Both for the same reason.
I don't have an attitude I have a personality you can't handle.

User avatar
Blue...
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 9037
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:51 am
Location: Victoria, Australia - Gods Country

Re: LGBT

Post by Blue... » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:10 am

I purchased a new microwave today...

It was either a Panasonic or an LG

I bought the Panasonics due to all this LGabcdefghijklmnop b*llshit..

It's just sickening... :evil:
..............................

it's not rocket surgery... :5dunce:

User avatar
gnads
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 11901
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:20 am
Location: Queensland

Re: LGBT

Post by gnads » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:15 am

Blue... wrote:I purchased a new microwave today...

It was either a Panasonic or an LG

I bought the Panasonics due to all this LGabcdefghijklmnop b*llshit..

It's just sickening... :evil:
:lol: :lol: Blue cracked a funny.
Nappies & Politicians should be changed often. Both for the same reason.
I don't have an attitude I have a personality you can't handle.

User avatar
J Jackson
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 3168
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:10 pm
Location: 122 years in the future - we are all dead.

Re: LGBT

Post by J Jackson » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:49 pm

last night I was at a charity boxing night which I was sponsoring , couldn’t believe how many blokes were using the cubicles together in the toilets. :?

User avatar
tedster
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 5403
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:15 pm

Re: LGBT

Post by tedster » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:56 pm

J Jackson wrote:last night I was at a charity boxing night which I was sponsoring , couldn’t believe how many blokes were using the cubicles together in the toilets. :?
its nothing to be sniffed at JJ :wink:

User avatar
J Jackson
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 3168
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:10 pm
Location: 122 years in the future - we are all dead.

Re: LGBT

Post by J Jackson » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:30 am

Tedster,thought you were dead.

User avatar
sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 25205
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:14 am
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Re: LGBT

Post by sherri » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:56 am

Why is everyone around here suddenly expecting other boardies to be dead?
Just wait till you're 50, JJ, you'll soon change that tune. :lol:

Post Reply

Return to “The Corner Shop”