LGBT

Welcome to The Corner Shop

Moderator: andysfootball

Daddy O
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

LGBT

Post by Daddy O » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:46 am

LGBT - Now there's a new term I never heard before a couple of months ago. I admit, I had to look it up to see what it meant. If you also don't know, it means Lesbian, Gay, Bi-Sexual and Trans-sexual.

So, why would I care about this term? Because in the US we now have legislation that allows anyone, especially the LGBT community to access any bathroom they feel "Most Comfortable" in using. This means that Gays and Tranny's can use the same bathroom facilities as my grand-daughters. And age does not matter, which means in high school the girls must share their locker rooms with boys.

Are you shitting me? No pun intended.

I thought these types of trends only happened in Europe, but no............now we have them in the US also. Is this the norm around the world, or has the USA just gone too far left?

And BTW - a boy or man does not have to prove he is LGBT certified, any man can walk into any women's bathroom and use the facilities.

I can see a lot of fathers loading their shotguns right now.

whip
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: LGBT

Post by whip » Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:02 pm

Daddy O wrote:LGBT - Now there's a new term I never heard before a couple of months ago. I admit, I had to look it up to see what it meant. If you also don't know, it means Lesbian, Gay, Bi-Sexual and Trans-sexual.

So, why would I care about this term? Because in the US we now have legislation that allows anyone, especially the LGBT community to access any bathroom they feel "Most Comfortable" in using. This means that Gays and Tranny's can use the same bathroom facilities as my grand-daughters. And age does not matter, which means in high school the girls must share their locker rooms with boys.

Are you shitting me? No pun intended.

I thought these types of trends only happened in Europe, but no............now we have them in the US also. Is this the norm around the world, or has the USA just gone too far left?

And BTW - a boy or man does not have to prove he is LGBT certified, any man can walk into any women's bathroom and use the facilities.

I can see a lot of fathers loading their shotguns right now.

An open invite to any pedophile.
GB FIRST

Daddy O
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Daddy O » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:57 pm

Who in this world thinks this crap up? First they don't want to be called queer anymore, yet they walk down main street America chanting.......
"We're Here. We're Queer. Get used to it". Then they wanted to be called Gay, which to me is OK.....I could care less.

Now we lump all of them together with the term LBGT. So, I'm thinking.......do most lesbians really want to be associated with Tranny's, or Bi-Sexuals?

Maybe there is strength in numbers?

I really don't care if you are lesbian, gay, bi or even a tranny..........just stay away from my granddaughters when you're in their locker room.

Daddy O
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Daddy O » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:00 pm

max Headroom wrote:I suppose its better than being called tuggers, they seem to distance themselves from tuggers, tugger, do you still rent out those peep holes you made in their locker room?

tugger
You are exactly the type of person why fathers in the USA would be loading their shotguns.

Thanks Lyin' Cheatin' Lazy Andy for the continued and further degradation of this board. =D> =D> =D>

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:44 pm

I think it's the same in all westernised countries, daddyo.
Like you, I wasn't aware of what the term meant till a while back. It sounds more like a maccas burger, doesn't it.

My thoughts are-what about the girls? What about the women who have perhaps been sexually assaulted in the past?
What if they feel uncomfortable or unsafe?
Are their feelings less important than the LGBT's?

I think the trend is towards shared toilets (which I don't like. I'm sure some girls really don't want to be having to buy their tampons or pads in front of the boys, they may like a little privacy, but no one ever talks about these aspects, do they).
In a busy centre, it might all be safe enough. But in a quiet toilet block, shared toilets just make sexual assault a bit easier.

J Jackson
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by J Jackson » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:07 pm

Was it actually a criminal offence to walk into a public convenance of the opposite gender in the states ?
Pilot voted leave.

Daddy O
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Daddy O » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:44 pm

J Jackson wrote:Was it actually a criminal offence to walk into a public convenance of the opposite gender in the states ?
It was a misdemeanor offense if it was done on purpose.

So yes....misdemeanors in the US is a crime............a minor one. We try and protect out women and children.

J Jackson
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by J Jackson » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:52 pm

Surely the blind are excused :)
Pilot voted leave.

Daddy O
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Daddy O » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:59 pm

J Jackson wrote:Surely the blind are excused :)
BWAHAHAHA..............good one Bamboo.

But, no. All the bathrooms, according to the "ADA" (American Disabilities Act) must have a metal Braille notification on all doorway entrancess.

That was meant not to leave them........., well, "In the dark".......so to speak.

max Headroom
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by max Headroom » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:11 am

BWAHAHAHA

tugger
By attending a presentation or briefing, or accepting, accessing or reviewing this document you acknowledge, accept and agree to the matters set out above.

gnads
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by gnads » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:18 am

I have had an absolute guts full of this tripe.

In QLD it has two extra letters and they even have a committee in the company I work for.

LGBITQ

L - LESBIAN
G - GAY
B - BISEXUAL
I - INTERSEX
T - TRANSGENDER
Q - QUEER

That's right they even have a division that call themselves Queers.

You call one of them that & they would be hissy fitting & whining discrimination.

The work place is now full of rules about inclusiveness

to make the poor darlings feel loved

Ahhhh come on darlin I'll give ya a hug.

Then on the other hand if you lay a finger on anyone it's sexual harassment.

The world has gone feckin mad.
Nappies & Politicians should be changed often. Both for the same reason.
I don't have an attitude I have a personality you can't handle.

andysfootball

Post by andysfootball » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:08 am

it all changes through the ages gnads

it will be outlawed again in the future

then a more liberal period

then outlawed

I would prefer if they all go underground again and s**g themselves silly behind close doors

rather than strut there stuff out on the streets

if it was just poofters and lesbo's in the world within a hundred years there would be no world

or maybe just test tube babies
STAY CALM AND SANDDANCE ON

gnads
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by gnads » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:36 am

Bah humbug ... all this PC nonsense :x
Nappies & Politicians should be changed often. Both for the same reason.
I don't have an attitude I have a personality you can't handle.

Daddy O
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Daddy O » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:20 pm

It's one thing to regulate bathrooms for adults, it's another to make children have to put up with this nonsense.

Fortunately, we are able to afford for our granddaughters to go to a private school......This BS does not go on in private schools.

max Headroom
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by max Headroom » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:44 pm

Daddy O wrote:It's one thing to regulate bathrooms for adults, it's another to make children have to put up with this nonsense.

Fortunately, we are able to afford for our granddaughters to go to a private school......This BS does not go on in private schools.
Especially when it is run by the catholic church.

tugger
By attending a presentation or briefing, or accepting, accessing or reviewing this document you acknowledge, accept and agree to the matters set out above.

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:19 pm

Andy is right in that things change through the ages. Part of the reason p********e Catholic priests and those in other churches and institutions got away with it is because society didn't talk about it & people didn't know much about it, so it was swept under the carpet in shame and others who did know believed the offenders when they said it would 'never happen again'.

These days you can't escape it all.
But what they are ignoring is the facts.
Despite all the publicity, homosexuals and lesbians are very much the minority.
Transgender even more so.

Have a good look at the campaigning and concessions, because this is what a small minority group can accomplish if it makes enough noise.

ralph
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by ralph » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:44 am

God help you if any of your children or grand children turn out to be gay and God preserve them from their parents. That having been said, I have always thought that sexual activity should be a private matter for everyone - gay or straight and it would be best if it were kept that way.

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:35 pm

Ralph, I can't say I would be thrilled if any of my grandchildren turned out to be gay, mainly because it's not an easy life.
When my brother died (he wasn't gay, he had been in a few relationships but never married or had children) I realised that one of the hardest things was that there was nothing left of him, no children to carry on. And I think that is what is at the heart of some parent disappointment-the loss of a dream, if you like.

That doesn't mean though that you wouldn't still love your child or want the best for them in life. It doesn't mean you wouldn't support them.
People's sexual lives should be a private matter but I'm not saying that it should be a secret matter. Just that we don't necessarily need parades about it.

And I don't see why any of it should affect the use of toilet blocks. Gays and lesbians are still men or women, they don't need a designated toilet block any more than celibate people do.
The only ones who might feel a bit ambivalent are transgender and I would suggest they go to the one they look most like. At the hospital once I came across a man who was obviously undergoing surgery over time to become a woman. He had the height & definite voice of a man, the looks and clothes of a woman. I would think his best bet would have been to just pop into the women's without saying anything.

I'd say we are probably moving more towards single unitoilets in some town centres.
But I don't know that we need special primary school classes about transgender and all the carry on about mens/women's toilets.

Daddy O
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Daddy O » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:08 pm

Have you ever been in a high school locker room? Total nudity everywhere, at least in the boys. We don't need to add other genders to it.....they have a hard enough time on their own.

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:01 am

No, I can't say I have been in anything like that. I believe it is like that in footy change rooms after a game too.
All I can say is I think mens/womens toilet signs need to stay in the shared facilities.

Return to “The Corner Shop”