Welcome to The Corner Shop

Moderator: andysfootball

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Down at the farm

Post by sherri » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:08 pm

Just a change of pace.
It was my grandson's 1st birthday and his parents held a family party for him at a place called Myuna Farm. It's only a little place, but the young kids enjoyed themselves as they can feed and pat quite a lot of the animals. Parts of it are a working farm and they sell vegies that are grown there etc

You can reserve different function rooms and they chose one called the Signal room.
This party room is a heritage train signalling station, it is the original Narre Warren station, complete with train track adjusting levers and other train memorabilia.
I thought I might put up some photos to show the signal room and some of our day at the farm.

Setting up. There's a BBQ outside.

The room is split level, you can see some of the original equipment-long levers-upstairs.

And the birthday boy, on the verandah outside.

Now off to explore some of the farm.

Any rabbits here? Nope, can't see any.

Some roos.

Earlier he had a look at the emus and one gave him a bit of a peck on the finger. Didn't seem to hurt him though. They're funny birds, emus, they follow you around. I think this one was expecting food.

Granddaughter this time.

I think she liked these.

And these.

But Kai lost interest about here and missed the alpacas and the rest of the animals. :D

Anyway, that was our day yesterday.
Today, off to another, very different birthday afternoon, this time for my son. :D

Daddy O
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: Down at the farm

Post by Daddy O » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:30 pm

What a lovely place to be. Great pics Sherri. Are the Roo's tame enough? I've seen a lot of pics with them stomping the crap out of humans. Maybe they don't get inside the pen with the Roo's?

Petting Zoos are not only fun for kids, but educational as well.

I really liked the photos with the rabbits. Too funny.

max Headroom
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by max Headroom » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:49 pm

They don't stomp people, idiot.

tugger
By attending a presentation or briefing, or accepting, accessing or reviewing this document you acknowledge, accept and agree to the matters set out above.

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:23 pm

They were grey kangaroos, Daddy O, not the big red roos, and seemed placid enough but they and some other animals were behind barriers so they have some peace.
In the enclosures where children could enter (when accompanied by an adult), my daughter was disgusted as a couple of young toddlers were chasing the rabbits and guinea pigs and the parents did nothing to stop them. The kids don't know any better at that age but the parents should.

Most of the animals there were very tame, seemed to actively seek out contact, but it is possible a kangaroo could hurt a person-most likely to happen though if that person got between the mother and her joey. One parent of a student I taught was injured that way, but by a red kangaroo. She ended up with bruises and injuries over most of her torso.
So no, you wouldn't go too close to a large kangaroo in the wild or make it feel threatened as it may hit out, but I don't know they actually stomp you as such. They are fairly peaceful animals.
The ones to watch are the emus. I had an American friend who found them intimidating, stand over merchants. :lol: It followed her and coerced her into handing over her whole sandwich.

ralph
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by ralph » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:14 am

Great Photos. :-)

gnads
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by gnads » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:35 am

Nice pics ... great little animal farm for kids

Large male roos (Red or Grey) will attack you if they think you are challenging their dominance

or if a female close by is in oestrus

and they can do some damage especially with their hind legs

the middle toe of which can cause serious lacerations & been known to disembowel dogs

Emus & Cassowaries are capable of similar attacks with their powerful legs & lethal middle toes.

Sherri ... sorry but had to laugh at your "train track adjusting levers" quote. :lol:

They're actually interlocking points & signal levers

This what you use to "adjust" the track :lol: :P

Nappies & Politicians should be changed often. Both for the same reason.
I don't have an attitude I have a personality you can't handle.

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:55 am

:D Thanks, gnads. You can tell I don't have much clue about railways or what the levers were for. They probably don't even have those in modern stations, I think that building is quite old, been at the farm for decades.

max Headroom
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by max Headroom » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:16 am

Daddy O wrote:What a lovely place to be. Great pics Sherri. Are the Roo's tame enough? I've seen a lot of pics with them stomping the crap out of humans. Maybe they don't get inside the pen with the Roo's?

Petting Zoos are not only fun for kids, but educational as well.

I really liked the photos with the rabbits. Too funny.
Show us one of your photo's of these stomping kangaroo's, bet you happen to be unable to find one, a drop bear will do, stomping kangaroo's
Bwahahahaha

tugger
By attending a presentation or briefing, or accepting, accessing or reviewing this document you acknowledge, accept and agree to the matters set out above.

champion.
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by champion. » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:51 pm

sherri wrote:Just a change of pace.
It was my grandson's 1st birthday and his parents held a family party for him at a place called Myuna Farm. It's only a little place, but the young kids enjoyed themselves as they can feed and pat quite a lot of the animals. Parts of it are a working farm and they sell vegies that are grown there etc

You can reserve different function rooms and they chose one called the Signal room.
This party room is a heritage train signalling station, it is the original Narre Warren station, complete with train track adjusting levers and other train memorabilia.
I thought I might put up some photos to show the signal room and some of our day at the farm.

Setting up. There's a BBQ outside.

The room is split level, you can see some of the original equipment-long levers-upstairs.

And the birthday boy, on the verandah outside.

Now off to explore some of the farm.

Any rabbits here? Nope, can't see any.

Some roos.

Earlier he had a look at the emus and one gave him a bit of a peck on the finger. Didn't seem to hurt him though. They're funny birds, emus, they follow you around. I think this one was expecting food.

Granddaughter this time.

I think she liked these.

And these.

But Kai lost interest about here and missed the alpacas and the rest of the animals. :D

Anyway, that was our day yesterday.
Today, off to another, very different birthday afternoon, this time for my son. :D
Nice photos sherri =D>

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:12 pm

:lol: :lol: Champ, we had a right royal time. :D

Pilot
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Pilot » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:52 am

My daughter has a farm very similar near her called Odds Farm, she has a season ticket for the family and they love it, it even has tractor rides for the kids, no Kangaroos though :-)
I voted leave

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:40 pm

Does sound similar, Pilot. Myuna Farm has pony rides and what they call a train ride, but it isn't a train on tracks, it is a glorified tractor pulling around a couple of open carriages. Easy way to see the whole place though.

J Jackson
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by J Jackson » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:29 am

Great place for kids.
Pilot voted leave.

anna
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by anna » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:20 pm

great photos Sherri,and i love your grandaughters curly hair,proper Shirley Temple look,beautiful.

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:50 pm

Anna!!!
It is great to see you here!! :D

Yes, she does have curly hair but she hates having it brushed, Runs away with the brush, screaming. :(

Rosie
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Rosie » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:47 am

sherri wrote:Yes, she does have curly hair but she hates having it brushed, Runs away with the brush, screaming. :(
We have one of those Sherri

Ooops wrong photo

Thats better
Life doesn't have an undo button

Return to “The Corner Shop”