Terrorist attacks in London

Welcome to The Corner Shop

Moderator: andysfootball

curly
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Terrorist attacks in London

Post by curly »

A number of explosions have occurred in London this morning, two killed, many injured, mainly on the underground and a double decker bus.

BBC story here.

Infectedmushroom
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Infectedmushroom »

two killed? 7 explosions 20 dead 90 injured last i heard.
Today, I changed my signature.

curly
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by curly »

It's looking like 45 fatalities now, and that number is likely to rise. No mobile phone communications in Central London, all facilities are being prioritised for the use of the emergency services (or to prevent mobile phones being used to detonate other bombs.)
I'm glad I don't live and work down there, how could you get in touch with a loved one or relative who was travelling to work this morning?
All tube and bus services cancelled for the time being, hope they get something in place to allow people to get home at the end of the day.

I hope this does not lead to any anti muslim backlash!

Jim_in_France
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Jim_in_France »

It is a terrible tradgedy today, but it must be said. We were warned of this when Blair ignored the people of Britain, Ignored Europe - along with most of the world! And followed Bush on the U.S. agenda. Do not take your anger out on the muslims (Whom I do not like), take it out on Blair! For ignoring everyone, including the people who voted for him.
"The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast."

"We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell."

Oscar Wilde

Infectedmushroom
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Jim although tony blair is a fool. He did not plant those bombs. So dont say blame tony blair because some religious extremists went and killed our people.

They are still to blame.

memor
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Location: Retired under a big umbrela in the sun with a glass of champagne

Post by memor »

Im afraid there may be backlashes in places like Oldham etc.
I always value Pilots wit and input

Infectedmushroom
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Ur right. I can imagine there will be many cases of race clashes in the run down areas. Especially on a fri saturday night after the drunkards pile out.

You know theres goin to be some people out there lookin for blood.

Alice
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Alice »

I think no matter where you live there will be a lot of trouble over the weekend, once people have had a drink or to.

Elaine H
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Elaine H »

You are probably right about fights breaking out. But what does it solve? Absolutely nothing. Just leads to even more trouble and even more innocent people are likely to get hurt, and the terrorists can laugh up their sleeves at the chaos they have created.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Mark Twain

Jim_in_France
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Jim_in_France »

Infectedmushroom wrote:Jim although tony blair is a fool. He did not plant those bombs. So dont say blame tony blair because some religious extremists went and killed our people.

They are still to blame.
I stand by what I say IM, but I do not wish to turn this into a political slanging match, at a time like this. Truce! :wink:

I must admit, it is about time the UK and the World! Stopped this PC crap & called a spade a spade. When they moan that there is not enough muslim schools, demand to wear their religious garb or whatever! Their moan or demand should be granted. Stick them on the next plane home! Where they can have everything they wish.

Oscar Wilde

Elaine H
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Elaine H »

Jim, like you I moved away from my native country to live in a foreign land. (Actually, I did it twice). I believe that if I choose to move to a different country, then I must abide by the laws and customs of that country. I'm sure you do too. So I get to wonder how we ever got to the state of affairs we have now, where immigrants, no matter where they are from or what religion they practise, are able to make the demands they do and what's worse, have those demands fulfilled. To me, that is just plain crazy. When did all this PC start and even more important, why, and what can we do to gain back some kind of normalcy and common sense?
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Mark Twain

Jim_in_France
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Jim_in_France »

Elaine, I have always thought of this PC thing as a conspiracy. I just have not been able to work out by whom it was started, nor to what ends? I do know it is a good tool of manipulation!

Yes I do feel I must defend France, it has been good to me, even though times are hard. My problems here are invariably the result of the English and PC, which they use as protection against complaint. I also know the French non PC attitude to foreign moaners......Go Back Home! Quite Right!!!

I do abide by the French ways and laws. Even though I pretend not too on here. :oops:

Oscar Wilde

laura
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by laura »

my brothers down in london,but hes ok

curly
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by curly »

I sent an email to some friends in London to see if they are o.k but haven't had a reply yet, mind one of them is a nurse so she may be too busy to get to a pc. Others may be out of the country on holiday,

I still can't get my head around it all, what sort of point does it prove to go out and murder indiscriminantly innocent people? This is not a war zone, the battleground ought not to be the streets of our cities, or am I being naive about muslim sensibilities to the west? Osama bin Laden's terrorist exploits began long before 9/11 and I couldn't see the point of his anti-American attacks in Africa back then!

wakaman
Head Doer
Head Doer

terrorism

Post by wakaman »

Today is the 20th anniversary of the sinking of the Rainbow Warrior
by French terrorists in Auckland harbour.

brian c
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by brian c »

Curly----the upbeat side is that everybody has said ****you and got on with their lives.

(Edited by Curly)

STUPID YOU ARE.................

BREED YOU SHOULD NOT!

Jim_in_France
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: terrorism

Post by Jim_in_France »

wakaman wrote:Today is the 20th anniversary of the sinking of the Rainbow Warrior
by French terrorists in Auckland harbour.
I dont think it was terrorists wakaman. It was the French government.

Oscar Wilde

wakaman
Head Doer
Head Doer

Post by wakaman »

Same thing Jim,even the NZ govt calls the incident,state terrorism!!!

Return to “The Corner Shop”