Bri, Mr. Smith, Westoelad, etc

Welcome to The Corner Shop

Moderator: andysfootball

margy
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: Bri, Mr. Smith, Westoelad, etc

Post by margy » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:24 am

Danet... I was at my friends daughters wedding a couple of years ago at Cyprus... and just took photos of everything and nothing...done a photo album for them and they loved it...so just click away :D
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

J Jackson
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by J Jackson » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:36 am

[quote=“Fatlad"]danet as there is no cost for film these days just shoot 100s of photos and your bound to get a few good ones to choose from[/quote]

Theres a vote of confidence for you Danet and just what the bride wants to hear :lol: :lol:

whip
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by whip » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:25 pm

So, the happy '' supposedly '' day of a bride will be remembered by a novice photographers snap shots.
It will all end up :cry:
You should have told them your washing your hair that day.
Just to save grace like.
GB FIRST

danet

Post by danet » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:48 pm

This is supposed to be a thread about me getting some boost to my morale, not any of us having to prove anything to boost yours Whip. Why are you such a constant negative ned in every post you go into?

It will be fine. I went into the camera store, and bought a beaut piece to fit on the monopod that allows for flexible manouvering. Have the camera set on Raw and Jpeg.
Will get more class 10 schd cards to allow for the Raw mb space it takes up. Have an extra battery, so can take up to 1000 shots on the 2 batteries. I usually take about 100 photos per hour. That's how I get them magic shots. People look their best, are dressed up to the nines, so everyone will look good, no matter who takes the photos.

And the only "I told you so" will be from the better contributors of this thread that have been great for the morale boost, once I put in a pic or two of the day. 8)

whip
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by whip » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:04 pm

danet wrote:This is supposed to be a thread about me getting some boost to my morale, not any of us having to prove anything to boost yours Whip. Why are you such a constant negative ned in every post you go into?

It will be fine. I went into the camera store, and bought a beaut piece to fit on the monopod that allows for flexible manouvering. Have the camera set on Raw and Jpeg.
Will get more class 10 schd cards to allow for the Raw mb space it takes up. Have an extra battery, so can take up to 1000 shots on the 2 batteries. I usually take about 100 photos per hour. That's how I get them magic shots. People look their best, are dressed up to the nines, so everyone will look good, no matter who takes the photos.

And the only "I told you so" will be from the better contributors of this thread that have been great for the morale boost, once I put in a pic or two of the day. 8)

Goodness me lass.
My negative input is for you to build upon.
What more stimulant do you require.
I could praise you to the hilt but, I find praise only goes so far.
Being negative to the right people I tend to see them fight harder for their cause.

i love being proved wrong by folk who go just that little bit further.
GB FIRST

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:52 pm

whip wrote:So, the happy '' supposedly '' day of a bride will be remembered by a novice photographers snap shots.
It will all end up :cry:
You should have told them your washing your hair that day.
Just to save grace like.
Back when we were married, we booked at one of the best known photographers in the area.
The great man himself never attended. We got one of his staff, who was on his second wedding of the day and it was obvious he just wanted to get it over with.
Then later on, he found out his roll of film for all the first shots had not worked.
Thank goodness the next rolls did!
So sometimes a 'professional' doesn't put the care into it that a friend will.

Which brings me to this: How important are these photos?
Sure, we all want some nice photos to remember the day.
But like everything else to do with weddings, it has all gone over the top and for some like whip, nothing is ever good enough. :D

People need a few nice clear shots of themselves and family. That's all. The rest is froth and bubble. Generations to come will just want to see a few photos of the people and their costumes and Danet will easily be able to take what is required.

Mr Smith
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Mr Smith » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:39 pm

I have every confidence in danet, I'm sure she will do an excellent job. I'm looking forward
to seeing some of her photos after the wedding.
Wise man talk because they have something to say,
fools talk because they have to say something.

danet

Post by danet » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:15 am

When I got married in 1976, back then, we had a choice, a $85 black and white photo album, or approx $200 for a colour. Some still chose b&w being cost effective, only to regret it later, whereas, I decided, to go colour, and then, hired the most expensive well known photographer in Melbourne (Mark Keats Photography as you may remember Sherri) and he was married to an equally top business lady, Suzanne Johnston, (whom had a deportment/modelling school).
Well, my album cost me $350, as you can imagine, is a huge amount of money for them days. And what happened that disappointed me...no matter whom I got, the best, and the most expensive, the man himself couldn't do it, and sent another photographer. The instructions were to take about 80 photos, but this one only took 35 photos. And then, he never took photos of us with our parents on their own. Mainly all with the bridesmaids and grooms, which were more of them, and only one of our parents, and this upset me, and they told me, they would take the photos again, and I queried, meaning we get all dressed up again? It just would not be the same. The photographer never even took a photo of my dad walking me down the isle of the church. I still get annoyed at all this.

I don't get it, why not just do a simple list of how it's supposed to be in order of people in photos, that is the most important, all them other arty farty ones are not the ones that will go down in history for the ascendants to look at, as Sherri said, they love to see the group photos, of all the rellies, how they looked and dressed at the time.

Then, my brother got married 1986, and they hired a pro photographer and a video man. Well, the pro photographer never took the photo of the entrance with my 4 yr old son and 2 yr old daughter walking in with the bride and groom, the only person that took that photo we treasured, was the bride's aunty. I was taking video of the wedding from the sideline, with the pro's all in my way of course.

And half way during the reception, when everyone was up and dancing, the video man came to me and said, that he had accidentally wiped all the video out up to the point of my bro and his wife signing the certificate :shock: And he asked desperately for my video which I took, which has from an angle, the entrance, and the exchange of the wedding vows and rings. Which were all put on the pro video in the end. Yeah, my videoing!

So there you have it folks, never overestimate the pros, and never underestimate the "novice" or guests snaps/video eh? 8)
Last edited by danet on Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gnads
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by gnads » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:06 am

Whip fair dinkum you are a self grandiosing tool head....
Your negativity has nowt to do with inspiring others to make them prove you wrong

It's all about you...... & your fantasies.
Nappies & Politicians should be changed often. Both for the same reason.
I don't have an attitude I have a personality you can't handle.

whip
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by whip » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:08 am

gnads wrote:Whip fair dinkum you are a self grandiosing tool head....
Your negativity has nowt to do with inspiring others to make them prove you wrong

It's all about you...... & your fantasies.
One needs to understand psychology.
It works in many ways as people strive to do better than just be on the side line.

It is ok if people want to take snap shots of nothing in particular. but,
there are people who just want to do that little bit better.

I disagree with you saying it is about me as I am just the onlooker in this case.
To say '' Prove me wrong '' is just a way of saying you can do better than just the norm.

Let me put it this way, you catch muddies, others would strive to catch salmon. Or,
you catch crabs others would catch lobsters. You consume sawdust others would consume caviar.
GB FIRST

gnads
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by gnads » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:47 am

And some can wax lyrical whilst others just talk shyte :roll:
Nappies & Politicians should be changed often. Both for the same reason.
I don't have an attitude I have a personality you can't handle.

gtirbri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by gtirbri » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:01 am

something I wished I'd done Danet was to get the bride and groom to ban other photographers for a while till you get the serious photo's then after that everyone can take candids, if you don't you will find everyone looking at different camera's and its awful

cheers :D

whip
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by whip » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:36 am

gnads wrote:And some can wax lyrical whilst others just talk shyte :roll:
I guess you are too uncouth to understand the meaning.
Nay mind lad. Just take a snap shot of yourself then hang said snap shot on wall,
then chuck darts at it.
A miracle might happen and then you might get the point.
GB FIRST

danet

Post by danet » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:13 pm

gtirbri wrote:something I wished I'd done Danet was to get the bride and groom to ban other photographers for a while till you get the serious photo's then after that everyone can take candids, if you don't you will find everyone looking at different camera's and its awful

cheers :D
That's a very good point gtribri, and I will have a pep talk with the bridal party and make sure they keep their eyes on my camera.
I will make sure I keep this in mind amidst all the guests and distractions etc.
But one thing's for sure, there is a time when everyone is inside the reception area, and the bridal party and photographer only, at the chosen location for the photos. Ahh, peace time, just the subjects and moiye :)

I bought this amazing gizmo the other day, to fit on the monopod, makes it so manouverable for the camera, and the monopod takes the weight of the camera from making the arm tired, I will also bring a tripod too. I have ordered a remote to take the photos...so there is no camera movement, because the DSLR doesn't have an anti shake mechanism inbuilt in it.
Also I just got, was a flash diffuser, to soften the effect of flash, should I need it. Since it's all in the daylight hours, may not need it much.
The settings will be on jpeg and raw, so the 32 gb sd card should take 1200 photos, and this Nikon has a fantastic battery life, mainly because I use the eye view finder, not the lcd screen, so that saves battery power, even though I have a spare battery as well.

Mr Smith
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Mr Smith » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:27 pm

danet, if you have very strong sunlight and dark shadows you should use your flash and diffuser
to soften the dark shadows. There's nothing worse than a photo of someone with black shadows
under their chins etc. Indoors with your flash try using bounce flash with your diffuser and the
flash head set at 45°, I'm assuming that you have a flash other than the one built into the camera.
Wise man talk because they have something to say,
fools talk because they have to say something.

whip
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by whip » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:49 pm

A good camera person always take an umbrella with them.
You might need it if it sheets down with rain.

Let us hope it do not rain, but if it do you,
can always take snap shots of lightning and floods.

Nowt worse than a bride getting wet and having her snap shots ruined.
GB FIRST

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:29 pm

There's not a thing anyone can do about the weather. :D
Just go with the flow.
I have seen some great shots, actually, of brides and umbrellas on wet days.
But if it does rain, I guess photos can always be taken indoors, too.

gtirbri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by gtirbri » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:22 am

Well I, like Mr Smith have every confidence in you doing a great job. :D

danet

Post by danet » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:25 pm

8) thanks folks, I will take all the comments on board and if the ole nerves get to me, I will just keep remembering what youse all said :)
I went and lashed out today, and bought a UV filter, top notch one with all these special coatings, cost $85au with anti vignetting and sun rays etc and it's scratch resistant and smudge proof, easy to clean etc.
As well as protective for the lens. And then, I lashed out some more...ordered online a Sandisk Pro Extreme 32gb sd card! Almost half price from online camera stores. Got it for $76 including postage and insurance. At least this will cover all the extra MB usuage with jpeg and Raw, should cover about 900 pics. Now that gives me reassurance, I can just click away to my hearts content.
I have been practicing on everyone that comes in for a visit and a cuppa....portraits in different lighting situations. :D

Oh and Whip, I was thinking of umbrellas, they actually make for nice photos, I have a lovely large new white brolly with a polished wooden handle 8)
My daughter has a beautiful pink umbrella with black frill on the edges, depending on the colour of the bridesmaids dresses, if it doesn't clash, might bring that along also.
Yes, maybe a bit nervous with anticipation, but excited about it as well. 8)

Globalmyths
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Globalmyths » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:52 pm

I am sure you will do well.
And with all your new equipment you could just about start your own business.
How was a totally inorganic world able to create organic life? Answer it couldn't and didn't

Return to “The Corner Shop”