LOL.......Soft Poms

Welcome to The Corner Shop

Moderator: andysfootball

Bushmermaid
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

LOL.......Soft Poms

Post by Bushmermaid »

Our local football club (rugby league) has imported a couple of your blokes for our upcoming season.
We have one from Wigan staying next door to us with the club president and another bloke from St Helens.
The last three days we have had glorious sunshine and 33 degree heat (perfect weather) and this pair are melting......they are about to expire :lol: .
One of them refuses to swim in the ocean because 'there is too many dangerous creatures' :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And apparently we drink too much beer.......is there really such a thing as too much beer? :?

Anyway these fellas are lovely people and are embracing our way of life and are looking forward to the upcoming season. I just hope we can toughen them up a bit before we send them home in October.

Globalmyths
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: LOL.......Soft Poms

Post by Globalmyths »

As long as you don't have to send them home in a crate. Or up to north Queensland Townsville and I wish I was still there.
How was a totally inorganic world able to create organic life? Answer it couldn't and didn't

andysfootball

Post by andysfootball »

please don't make them take any perfomance enhancing d*ugs
STAY CALM AND SANDDANCE ON

Bushmermaid
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Bushmermaid »

No d*ugs but my husband is determined to get the bloke next door onto the Tooheys Old befor he departs

martymont
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by martymont »

Bushermaid they come from one of the wettest coldest parts of the UK and they will melt and as for the drink their stomachs have to be acclimatised to the soft monkey p$ss they drink over there in girl glasses called schooners. :lol: :lol: :wink:

Mr Smith
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Mr Smith »

I spent a month in Italy last year and the temperature was 40°+ all the time I was there, it
didn't bother me at all. :D
Wise man talk because they have something to say,
fools talk because they have to say something.

J Jackson
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by J Jackson »

Hot temperature may be alright for fat lazy people who sit around doing nothing all day.But all my family enjoy being active running/walking/cycling and playing sports ,33 degrees would ruin our day .
Pilot voted leave.

Mr Smith
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Mr Smith »

J Jackson wrote:Hot temperature may be alright for fat lazy people who sit around doing nothing all day.
Didn't bother me, I was out and about all day visiting different places and lugging my heavy camera
gear around. Up and down mountains one day, on the beach the next. So much going on and so little
time to get it all in, such is life. :D

Globalmyths
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Globalmyths »

Up in Townsville where it is very humid I would not start sweating when I was inactive until the temperature reached 31 degrees.
and when I was gardening I would have to take a change of clothes with me. And get into them so I wouldn't ride home on my
scooter in wet clothes. Oh how I wish I was still living in the tropics.

Of course it can at times get far hotter but Darwin in the top end of Australia has a yearly average of 32 degrees.
Can you imagine 32 degrees 365 days a year. Thats what I call wonderful,
How was a totally inorganic world able to create organic life? Answer it couldn't and didn't

Globalmyths
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Globalmyths »

Mr Smith wrote:
J Jackson wrote:Hot temperature may be alright for fat lazy people who sit around doing nothing all day.
Didn't bother me, I was out and about all day visiting different places and lugging my heavy camera
gear around. Up and down mountains one day, on the beach the next. So much going on and so little
Its a matter of physics Mr. Smith hot air rises and the closer you are to the ground the cooler it gets. :lol: :lol:

Mr Smith
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Mr Smith »

When I was a lot younger I couldn't tolerate the heat, to me 30° was as much as I could bear.
I had no such problems in the cold weather, being out in the bitter cold in the winter was not
a problem; I actually enjoyed it. These days it's the exact opposite, heat isn't a problem for
me but I can't stand the cold. 8)

Mr Smith
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Mr Smith »

Globalmyths wrote:
Mr Smith wrote:
Its a matter of physics Mr. Smith hot air rises and the closer you are to the ground the cooler it gets. :lol: :lol:
As you're the greatest producer of hot air Global; I'll take your word for it. :D

Globalmyths
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Globalmyths »

:lol: I will have to keep my trap shut next time Mr Smith. :lol: besides I never mentioned hot air
Last edited by Globalmyths on Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bushmermaid
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Bushmermaid »

Well they played their first game yesterday. It was a trial match against a Sydney side and I am happy to say they performed magically. It was 28 degrees and sunny and now they have climatised they played up to expectations.
They said it was a pleasure to play on a pitch (that's what they call our ground) that wasn't boggy or covered in ice/snow.
It is shaping up to be a fantastic season for them. One Sydney team from the NRL sent a scout down here to watch one bloke in particular and already it looks as though they will pick him up next year but until then he is all ours.

andysfootball

Post by andysfootball »

what kicked in

tooheys new, d*ugs

or

club groupies?
STAY CALM AND SANDDANCE ON

J Jackson
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by J Jackson »

Last year Junior went on a rugby tour of Canada and Florida playing every game with temps well into the mid to high thirties. He hated it .
Pilot voted leave.

Return to “The Corner Shop”