Are Curly and Delilahcats friends at it again

Welcome to The Corner Shop

Moderator: andysfootball

Jarrow Pete
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Are Curly and Delilahcats friends at it again

Post by Jarrow Pete » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:10 pm

As reported in the Shields Gazette,Westoe cricket and rugby club are in secret discussions with South Tyneside Council to acquire the playing fields of a school closed by the council. If they are allowed to move onto this site they intend to sell their Wood Terrace ground for housing,as this is a large site in one of the most prestigious positions in the town they stand to make millions from this sale.Allegations are already being made about "fingers in the pie"so you would think the council leader would go out of his way to reassure the electorate that no one will be getting backhanders from these secret negotiations by publishing the amounts of money involved in Westoe transferring their ground to Brinkburn school grounds.

sless
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: Are Curly and Delilahcats friends at it again

Post by sless » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:24 pm

where the leader is concerned he will always have a bit pie,can you see his neck in that shirt he wears,that top button goes and it will put an eye out

prestigious part of town,mmmmmm
i live 50 yards away
:D

Delilahcat
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Delilahcat » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:52 pm

Since there was a report in the Gazette this week it is hardly a 'secret' that the club wants to move.
Where it moves to is open to speculation but it does not take a genius to work out that the land it presently occupies is probably worth a few bob - as is any land suitable for houses. I don't know how the club is constituted but would guess any money would be for the club as opposed to individuals.
If anyone has evidence of wrongdoing as opposed to nasty malicious speculation they should report it to the appropriate authorities. Dislike of individuals does not qualify as evidence.

sless
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sless » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:13 pm

dislike of bully's

Delilahcat
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Delilahcat » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:17 pm

Obviously there is some 'history' between you and the Council leader judging by your constant references to bullying. I don't know the story so I can't comment.

sless
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sless » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:24 pm

mmmm

andysfootball

Post by andysfootball » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:24 pm

sounds like a good idea to me

with townhouses like those opposite the marine and tech where the field used to be

if the new rugby club built a small ground with a separate cricket field

they could rent it out to shields football club as well

never happen in shields though because it makes too much sense
STAY CALM AND SANDDANCE ON

curly
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by curly » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:06 am

Personally I think it's a great idea, just look at the deal Harton and Westoe Miners Club made with Persimmons Homes, sell them half of the land for housing development on condition that Persimmons build them a new clubhouse and ground, it's a win win!

Jarrow Pete
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Jarrow Pete » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:39 am

curly wrote:Personally I think it's a great idea, just look at the deal Harton and Westoe Miners Club made with Persimmons Homes, sell them half of the land for housing development on condition that Persimmons build them a new clubhouse and ground, it's a win win!
Agree with you in that case Curly it was a good deal for the Harton and Westoe miners club .What I am concerned about with the Wood Terrace site is the amount of council secrecy involved,it reminds me of the alleged illegal Newcastle Airport secret dealings that our council tried to keep undercover.As this involves council playing fields and knowing this Labour Councils track record I ask the question if there is no dishonesty involved publish the price they are getting for this ex Brinkburn playing field.

Delilahcat
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Delilahcat » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:28 am

I don't think there is any secrecy except to those who hate the majority group on the Council. Going by the Gazette report - no inside knowledge - it would seem it is not as straightforward as selling the Brinkburn site. There is a Community centre and a swimming facility that has just received a large amount of money. Public access would need to be maintained and this might be a stumbling block. So at this very early stage no chance of a price being disclosed I would imagine

GRUMPO THE THIRD
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by GRUMPO THE THIRD » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:07 pm

Delilahcat wrote:I don't think there is any secrecy except to those who hate the majority group on the Council. Going by the Gazette report - no inside knowledge - it would seem it is not as straightforward as selling the Brinkburn site. There is a Community centre and a swimming facility that has just received a large amount of money. Public access would need to be maintained and this might be a stumbling block. So at this very early stage no chance of a price being disclosed I would imagine
If you query any council decisions does that automatically mean you hate them. You will have to stop surmising all the time Delilah or people will think you are paranoid.

sless
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sless » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:41 pm

cllr (i poke me nose in )elsom is going to complain about it
i think he just lies his name and photo in the paper
go and retire old man

Delilahcat
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Delilahcat » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:23 pm

GRUMPO THE THIRD wrote:
Delilahcat wrote:I don't think there is any secrecy except to those who hate the majority group on the Council. Going by the Gazette report - no inside knowledge - it would seem it is not as straightforward as selling the Brinkburn site. There is a Community centre and a swimming facility that has just received a large amount of money. Public access would need to be maintained and this might be a stumbling block. So at this very early stage no chance of a price being disclosed I would imagine
If you query any council decisions does that automatically mean you hate them. You will have to stop surmising all the time Delilah or people will think you are paranoid.
You will have to stop jumping in when I am talking to Jarrow Pete or people will think you are one and the same :D

Return to “The Corner Shop”