What grinds your gears ?

Welcome to The Corner Shop

Moderator: andysfootball

jimmywizz

What grinds your gears ?

Post by jimmywizz » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:46 pm

Do you ever watch family guy ? in one episode peter gets a spot on a TV show called grind my gears, in this show he goes on to spout off on what bugs him each night, well here is mine, you leave the house with all the lights switched off to do a bit shopping but when you get back home all the lights are on down stairs, the lights are on in the kitchen, the lights are on in the bathroom, the lights are on in the bedroom, the TV is on down stairs, the TV is on upstairs, the computer is on upstairs, but nobody is at home, they are sitting next door talking to their mates, now that grinds my gears, what grinds your ?

curly
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by curly » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:19 am

Knowing that South Shields is full of terraced streets - folks who decide to stop their car in the middle of the roads to pick up or set down passengers when there is ample space on one of the kerbs. Why the hell do they think its OK to block the highway?

Globalmyths
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Globalmyths » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:26 am

jimmywizz wrote:Do you ever watch family guy ? in one episode peter gets a spot on a TV show called grind my gears, in this show he goes on to spout off on what bugs him each night, well here is mine, you leave the house with all the lights switched off to do a bit shopping but when you get back home all the lights are on down stairs, the lights are on in the kitchen, the lights are on in the bathroom, the lights are on in the bedroom, the TV is on down stairs, the TV is on upstairs, the computer is on upstairs, but nobody is at home, they are sitting next door talking to their mates, now that grinds my gears, what grinds your ?
You forgot the lights in your garden or have you taken them down?
How was a totally inorganic world able to create organic life? Answer it couldn't and didn't

Pilot
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Pilot » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:27 am

People moaning and groaning about immigration then popping down to Ocean Road for a curry :wink:
I voted leave

gnads
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by gnads » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:03 am

A whole shyte load :lol: :lol:

Especially answers like that above :P
Nappies & Politicians should be changed often. Both for the same reason.
I don't have an attitude I have a personality you can't handle.

jimmywizz

Post by jimmywizz » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:47 pm

ozzies trying to ditch our queen

whip
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by whip » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:32 pm

Idiots that naff off when it's their turn for a round of bevvies.
GB FIRST

curly
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by curly » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:43 pm

Cyclists without lights at night.

J Jackson
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by J Jackson » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:24 pm

curly wrote:Knowing that South Shields is full of terraced streets - folks who decide to stop their car in the middle of the roads to pick up or set down passengers when there is ample space on one of the kerbs. Why the hell do they think its OK to block the highway?
Damn taxi drivers ! Take pics of them in the act,use them to put a calendar together.
Pilot voted leave.

J Jackson
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by J Jackson » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:27 pm

Middle aged men that use after market silencers on motor bikes - brum freakn brum ... :roll: :oops:
Pilot voted leave.

J Jackson
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by J Jackson » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:02 pm

People that go straight to a seat in a cafe before they stand in the queue...ferkn winds me up to the point that i have to say something.
Pilot voted leave.

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:14 pm

J Jackson wrote:People that go straight to a seat in a cafe before they stand in the queue...ferkn winds me up to the point that i have to say something.
If you are with someone, then one of you grabs a table while the other goes to order. Makes sense. :D

J Jackson
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by J Jackson » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:28 pm

sherri wrote:
J Jackson wrote:People that go straight to a seat in a cafe before they stand in the queue...ferkn winds me up to the point that i have to say something.
If you are with someone, then one of you grabs a table while the other goes to order. Makes sense. :D
I would never lower myself to be so selfish and ignorant .Come to think of it,there has never been a need as my courtesy has always been rewarded with a seat.
Pilot voted leave.

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:23 am

J Jackson wrote:
sherri wrote:
I would never lower myself to be so selfish and ignorant .Come to think of it,there has never been a need as my courtesy has always been rewarded with a seat.
Over here, I can't think of a cafe or a set of people who don't do that. Especially if you have kids or the elderly with you, you sit them down and get them to mind any parcels. Then you bring the food back to serve them.
In fact, in quite a few cafes , you have to take a table anyway because they come and take your order.

You really shouldn't let little things worry you so much, you know. It won't do your blood pressure any good. :D :wink:
And if you're ever over here and I pinch the table you had your eye on, just pull up a chair and we'll make room for you. :D

J Jackson
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by J Jackson » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:31 am

Well excuse me for being old fashioned ,but people that arrive before you ,stand in a queue before you ,pay their money before you ,surely out of common decency they deserve a seat before you ? or maybe i'm mistaken and its all about you! ?
Pilot voted leave.

gnads
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by gnads » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:00 am

Seems to me it's all about you JJ :P

When you go to a restaurant & many cafes you are seated first.

Most tables are numbered so you acquire the number then go up to place & pay for your order.

So if you arrive before someone ... make the first task to acquire the table before you order.

I reckon you're putting the cart before the horse.

J Jackson
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by J Jackson » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:08 am

I'm guessing your playing devils advocate as its obvious i'm talking about coffee shops/cafe's where you queue first . No wonder i spend so much time of my time up mountains :roll:
Pilot voted leave.

gnads
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by gnads » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:20 am

No wonder i spend so much time of my time up mountains

What's the service like up there?

J Jackson
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by J Jackson » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:35 am

Not bad,the deserving kids and elderly usually chuck the towel in at 1000ft .
Pilot voted leave.

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:05 am

J Jackson wrote:Well excuse me for being old fashioned ,but people that arrive before you ,stand in a queue before you ,pay their money before you ,surely out of common decency they deserve a seat before you ? or maybe i'm mistaken and its all about you! ?
Not sure where you're coming from with this.
In most coffee shops and food courts I go to, there are plenty of tables, so what difference does it make what order you do it in?
When my mum was alive, my sister and I, if we took her out, always sat her down in the coffee shop, along with my sister's two kiddies, then we went to buy the coffee. It wasn't like we were taking someone's seat or getting to order before other people, in fact the opposite.
In some hotels and restaurants it is different, you wait behind a barrier to be seated, and someone takes you to your table, but after that, you often have to get up and go place an order.

Maybe it is a bit different over here to how it works in England, I don't know. But most little coffee shops have heaps of seats, plenty of empties.
Oh and I think I am reasonably polite, by aussie standards. I always let anyone with 3 or less items go in front of me at Aldi. :D I make room for drivers trying to merge from side roads. What more do you want?

Return to “The Corner Shop”