All in it together

Welcome to The Corner Shop

Moderator: andysfootball

Pilot
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

All in it together

Post by Pilot »

I see Cameron has decided he has enough spare cash to increase the budget for the opening and closing ceremonies at the 2012 Olympic from £41 to £82 million, it will help boost tourism seemingly, its heart warming to think we can afford this on to of the £200 million to build a airport on St Helena, equivalent to about £50,000 per head of population to boost their tourism too.
I voted leave

homesick
Motor Mouth
Motor Mouth

Re: All in it together

Post by homesick »

Also funding for the "Shopmobilty" scheme in 'Shields is being withdrawn which will hit the severely disabled who cannot afford mobility scooters. These people have no care or understanding of the lives of the vunerable.

jimmywizz

Post by jimmywizz »

which party was in charge when we won the olympics ? because they must have got their sums wrong

Pilot
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Pilot »

Its not what the article says Jimmy, Cameron had a preview of the ceremonies and decided to double the budget.
I voted leave

tedster
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by tedster »

and its going to be a billion for security for the games,,, :shock:

curly
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by curly »

homesick wrote:Also funding for the "Shopmobilty" scheme in 'Shields is being withdrawn which will hit the severely disabled who cannot afford mobility scooters. These people have no care or understanding of the lives of the vunerable.
Are you suggesting that the government funded Shop Mobility then withdrew the funding???
I understood that they have continually sought funding from a large number of charitable trusts over the years, NOT the public purse. Trouble is, there is a lot of competition for their coffers, you need to make a really MASSIVE good case these days.
But lets be fair you cannot go around accusing charities of being evil cost cutting monsters who don't understand vulnerable people and want to kill the first born child of every man on Tyneside, may as well save that for democratically elected politicians eh?

mr-angry
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by mr-angry »

Pilot wrote:I see Cameron has decided he has enough spare cash to increase the budget for the opening and closing ceremonies at the 2012 Olympic from £41 to £82 million, it will help boost tourism seemingly, its heart warming to think we can afford this on to of the £200 million to build a airport on St Helena, equivalent to about £50,000 per head of population to boost their tourism too.
So in Pilot's book, the people of St Helena DONT COUNT and they're not entitled to upgrade their infrastructure?

Meanwhile, they're giving a billion pounds to climate change in Africa. Pilot, I've know I've told you a hundred times, but you really are dim. :roll:
South Shields, I was born here, and I'll d*e here

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri »

This might just be me and my perceptions as I am not a huge sports follower, but it seems to me that over the years, the Olympics has almost become more about having a spectacular opening ceremony than anything else. It even puts the sports in the shade.
I am glad Aust got our Olympics over and done with in 2000 as it was before a lot of this terrorism stuff really kicked in big time. Mind you, security was still an issue and cost a fortune.

Beware the promise that spending more money will help boost tourism. Our govt (yes, govt) threw a whole lot of money into supporing Oprah on her visit to Aust 12 months ago. We were told the same thing, that the exposure would be massive and months down the track, the tourism benefits would start to show.
They haven't and I doubt they will. I doubt spending double on your opening and closing ceremonies will either, because your most likely tourists-people in Europe and US-have troubles in their economies at the moment. Same here to a lesser extent, but some retirees are having their superannuation decimated so haven't the spare cash that they might otherwise have had to travel.

tedster
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by tedster »

europe is in termoil with debt,,,,and the good old british goverment are throwing cash around like drunken sailors :wink:

andysfootball

Post by andysfootball »

please don't associate us drunken sailors with politicians
STAY CALM AND SANDDANCE ON

gnads
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by gnads »

If you want expose about those responsible for the Global Financial Crisis & where & what
they are doing now then I suggest you find & watch a documentary I have just seen on pay TV

it's called "INSIDE JOB"

It will make you angry & make you realise who is really running things & the greed continues.

In all honesty all people in jail for armed robbery & minor working class fraud should be freed
because the real criminals of the world are Politicians, Bankers, Financial Engineers & Economists
who have stolen trillions of working peoples/ taxpayers money & continue to do so.

http://www.theotherschoolofeconomics.org/?p=2499

So all you supporters of the private sector/privatisation, global deregulation of the banking industries hang your heads in shame.

And now Real Estate Agents, Insurance & Car Salesmen have risen a notch from being the lowest life in the food chain.

That place has been rapidly taken by the new scumbags of the planet .... Academic Economists ..... they truly make being bought
& lying an art form ...................... nothing but deceit & corruption.
Nappies & Politicians should be changed often. Both for the same reason.
I don't have an attitude I have a personality you can't handle.

andysfootball

Post by andysfootball »

no mention of importers then?

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri »

andysfootball wrote:no mention of importers then?
Confess your sins and we'll let you know how you rate. :D

Pilot
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Pilot »

Mr A, to post in your fashion, are you saying we should be giving the equivalent of £50,000 to every man woman and child on St Helena ? Maybe they will build a disney world too and make it worthwhile in your eyes !
I voted leave

gnads
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by gnads »

no mention of importers then?

No ... sorry Andy you would be up for a Sainthood before being
compared to this lot. :lol: :P

Heaven forbid you Saint Andy .... now that would be a contradiction.

Nevermind I would certainly help beat - ify you .... you're not planning an exit yet are you?
Nappies & Politicians should be changed often. Both for the same reason.
I don't have an attitude I have a personality you can't handle.

mr-angry
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by mr-angry »

Pilot wrote:Mr A, to post in your fashion, are you saying we should be giving the equivalent of £50,000 to every man woman and child on St Helena ? Maybe they will build a disney world too and make it worthwhile in your eyes !

How can you begrudge English citizens an improvement in their infrastructure, and quality of life?
How come you never complain when the country gives billions to the worlds most corrupt, eviliest, parasitic countries on the planet?

500.000 British perished in WW2 for a so called better way of life, and a few of them were from St Helena. Parasites like you make me puke. :evil:
South Shields, I was born here, and I'll d*e here

andysfootball

Post by andysfootball »

you know i quite like that

saint andy

patron saint of opportunity buys

Pilot
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Pilot »

Your very selective on who you describe as British Mr A, apparently someone who is born and bred on a volcanic rock in the South Atlantic is British even though they probably never set foot in Britain, yet some people born and bred in say Bradford are not British in your eyes, bit of double standards I think, but this is just a smokescreen, do you agree we should in these times of hardship give the equivalent of £50000 to every man woman and child on St Helena, if you think that is fair, good on ya :D :D :D
I voted leave

Delilahcat
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Delilahcat »

mr-angry wrote:
Pilot wrote:Mr A, to post in your fashion, are you saying we should be giving the equivalent of £50,000 to every man woman and child on St Helena ? Maybe they will build a disney world too and make it worthwhile in your eyes !

How can you begrudge English citizens an improvement in their infrastructure, and quality of life?
How come you never complain when the country gives billions to the worlds most corrupt, eviliest, parasitic countries on the planet?

500.000 British perished in WW2 for a so called better way of life, and a few of them were from St Helena. Parasites like you make me puke. :evil:
#-o wonders to self...does the angry one realise that over half of the population of St Helena are of African descent.

Mr Smith
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Mr Smith »

When it was announced that the UK Government were to spend £200 million on
the airport on St Helena they also said that the Island would no longer be getting
the £26 million a year aid which they had been getting for years.
Wise man talk because they have something to say,
fools talk because they have to say something.

Return to “The Corner Shop”