Riots (again) in Tottenham. North London

Welcome to The Corner Shop

Moderator: andysfootball

ralph
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Riots (again) in Tottenham. North London

Post by ralph » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:23 am

In Tottenham, we have a 'community' (it's always the community), who are very angry. As part of their anger-management, they have taken to the streets looting and burning. It would appear that there is nothing like doing millions of pounds of damage, and maybe driving off with a car load of looted goods to make angry community members feel a little less angry. I had better blame the police, because as sure as night follows day - they will get the blame eventually. :?

sless
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: Riots (again) in Tottenham. North London

Post by sless » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:35 am

eee thats terrible
looks like they have caused thousands of pounds of improvements

the police should have moved in with water cannons and rubber bullets
maybe even real guns,
im sure it will kick off again tonight

whip
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by whip » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:19 am

Funny how the community starts a riot and calls for 'justice'. Good people don't carry guns and shoot police officers.
GB FIRST

tedster
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by tedster » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:24 am

im watching it on sky news now,,funny i just seen a bunch of jewish guys running away from the police line ,,not very often you see them fellas involved in a riot,,,it started out as a protest and ended up as a looting spree,,, :wink:

champion.
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by champion. » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:58 am

I thought it wasn't supposed to kick off in Tottenham until Everton at home next Saturday. :oops:

Globalmyths
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Globalmyths » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:10 pm

I don't care who was to blame I will still cheer for the Spurs.
How was a totally inorganic world able to create organic life? Answer it couldn't and didn't

champion.
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by champion. » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:45 pm

Whats 50 inches long and covered in black ? A plasma tv from comet in tottenham :oops:

Delilahcat
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Delilahcat » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:53 pm

Remember our very own riots in the West end of Newcastle. A mate who lived there said with some amazement they were looting the Wallpaper shop and ignoring the jewellers.

jimmywizz

Post by jimmywizz » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:59 pm

Delilahcat wrote:Remember our very own riots in the West end of Newcastle. A mate who lived there said with some amazement they were looting the Wallpaper shop and ignoring the jewellers.
could be they were never taught english at school and just done the wrong shop

ralph
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by ralph » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:27 pm

Let's see what tonight brings - word is that they are going to have another go - well only half the shops were looted last night! Just down the road from me, a couple of days ago, two gangs confronted one another and a 20 year old was shot dead. As this incident only involved members of 'the community', that shooting was apparently OK - no riots. It's only when you try to take their guns off them they react. :shock:

westoelad
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by westoelad » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:35 pm

I hope it all settles down quickly as I will be just south of that area from Clerkenwell to Finsbury Park in the next week and could do without the hassle.
I remember the riots in the West End and also on the Meadowell Estate North Shields - mindless sheep that caused a lot of damage at great costs to the tax payer.
If you got any one of the numpties and asked them why they behaved as they did; I bet they could not string a sentence together let alone express any form of opinion or ideal - I hope they get the full might of the law of the land thrown at them and the costs recovered from the offenders.

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:50 pm

westoelad wrote:I I bet they could not string a sentence together let alone express any form of opinion or ideal - I hope they get the full might of the law of the land thrown at them and the costs recovered from the offenders.
Dream on. It would be a reasonable expectation, you would think, that the law would jump on this, but these groups would not be doing it if they had much fear there would ever be any consequences. If 98% of people involved can escape any punishment for looting, and my bet is they can, then it makes the odds worth it for them.

westoelad
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by westoelad » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:53 pm

sherri wrote:Dream on.
You're absolutely right!

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:57 pm

It's a pity though.
Just for once, it would be good to see rioters and looters rounded up, but the trouble is, if a police baton even came near any of them, they would be crying police brutality and some magistrate would pay them out.
They would be 'innocent bystanders'.

Jarrow Pete
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Jarrow Pete » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:06 pm

The meadowell riots started with the accusations of police murder, the toerags claimed that two joyriders were deliberately forced off the road by the police causing their deaths.
The Tottenham riots have started in a similar way, the local toe rags are claiming that an armed response unit
stopped a taxi,dragged the occupant out and shot him four times while he was lying on the ground,they also alleged that the officer who was shot was hit by a police ricochet bouncing off the ground.

ralph
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by ralph » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:39 am

Well predictably there was copycat rioting last night and some of the worst of it only a couple of miles down the road from me at Brixton. Curry's and 'Footlocker' (the trainers shop) taking the biggest hits but with Marks and Spencer's, Kentucky Fried Chicken and lots of others coming under attack as well.

We will go through all that crap again about there not being enough to keep young people occupied and talk about cuts in funding being the cause. It, not funding they need it's a flame thrower to destroy some of the scumbags that live there.

Delilahcat
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Delilahcat » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:58 am

Pete you are right about Meadow Well. I can remember the father of one of the lads saying on the six o clock news 'he wasn't a joy rider he was a ram raider!'
I have no doubt that if something similar happened today we would see the same thieves,low lifes and their hangers on out in force - aided by twitter and facebook.
some of the kids involved are as young as six and seven. I have seen kids of a similar age roaming the streets of South Tyneside in the early hours. We can't be complacent as the copy cats will be watching what's going on.

Jarrow Pete
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Jarrow Pete » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:12 pm

ralph wrote:Well predictably there was copycat rioting last night and some of the worst of it only a couple of miles down the road from me at Brixton. Curry's and 'Footlocker' (the trainers shop) taking the biggest hits but with Marks and Spencer's, Kentucky Fried Chicken and lots of others coming under attack as well.

We will go through all that crap again about there not being enough to keep young people occupied and talk about cuts in funding being the cause. It, not funding they need it's a flame thrower to destroy some of the scumbags that live there.
Ralph you will have to moderate your views on here otherwise Delilahcat will be accusing you of being a Nazi and a racist, the part of your post that I disagree with states "they need a flame thrower to destroy some of them", that should read all of them. Mr A talks about ethnic cleansing,horrible as it sounds that is what is needed in North London in my opinion.

Pilot
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Pilot » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:22 pm

Could you explain what you mean by "Ethnic Cleansing" Pete
I voted leave

Jarrow Pete
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Jarrow Pete » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:41 pm

Pilot wrote:Could you explain what you mean by "Ethnic Cleansing" Pete
I would have thought an "alleged" intelligent man like you would know what the term means. In the case of the Tottenham riots it is predominantly black people who are causing the trouble,remove them from the equation and Hi presto problem solved. I am wasting my time on here I should be a politician helping to sort out the problems of our town and country. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “The Corner Shop”