Fat Cats

Welcome to The Corner Shop

Moderator: andysfootball

GRUMPO THE THIRD
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Fat Cats

Post by GRUMPO THE THIRD »

The nearer the front you get the fatter you become.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/news/loca ... _1_3456017

Globalmyths
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: Fat Cats

Post by Globalmyths »

Some of the fat cats are not Mayors but nightmares.
How was a totally inorganic world able to create organic life? Answer it couldn't and didn't

bamboo
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by bamboo »

ian malcom was in the same year as me right through school.one thing i do remember him doing was during lunch break he would be pounding the streets posting political leaflets through doors.

only ever spoke to him on two occasions since leaving school,once when he was touting the labour party on my estate and the other when we fit out all the carpet on westoe rd the house the labour party use as offices ,is it still used by them ? if so i`m sure they will be needing new flooring . you know where i`m based mr malcom if you need a quote just drop me a line :wink: :D
back by popular demand

sless
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sless »

GRUMPO THE THIRD wrote:The nearer the front you get the fatter you become.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/news/loca ... _1_3456017
wheres curly
oh yes he is in malcolms back pocket

Jarrow Pete
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Jarrow Pete »

Why is it whenever I see Curlys name in print now I go very religious and keep thinking back to my bible, it is getting very frustrating for me because its as if a parrot is squawking away in my head. All it seems to be saying are two things "Judas Iscariot" and "thirty pieces of silver.I keep thinking I am having a bad dream and this parrot will bug*er off when I wake up, but alas it is not so, will have to take some of Mr Smiths tablets and see if that will make a difference.

Pilot
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Pilot »

I only ever met curly once as far as I can remember and despite the fact we are never going to be in agreement politically, I found him to be a nice bloke to chat to, as family men I think if any of you had been falsely accused of the thing he was accused of you, by a coward who hides behind a false name you would be at least a tad annoyed.
I voted leave

curly
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by curly »

Pilot wrote:I only ever met curly once as far as I can remember and despite the fact we are never going to be in agreement politically, I found him to be a nice bloke to chat to, as family men I think if any of you had been falsely accused of the thing he was accused of you, by a coward who hides behind a false name you would be at least a tad annoyed.
Thanks mate, it does colour my views a little.

Jarrow Pete
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Jarrow Pete »

Pilot wrote:I only ever met curly once as far as I can remember and despite the fact we are never going to be in agreement politically, I found him to be a nice bloke to chat to, as family men I think if any of you had been falsely accused of the thing he was accused of you, by a coward who hides behind a false name you would be at least a tad annoyed.
Pilot I agree with most of the things you say about Curly.I despise the Monkeys personnel attacks on peoples private lives as against their public life, however to be fair it was not the Monkey who had Curly questioned by the Police about the false accusations that he was a p********e, he merely jumped on the bandwagon and used it for the basis of another personal attack on Curly.The fat Councillor also made personal attacks on Curly so why has he not been singled out for criticism as well.
I understand Curly's view that he could not afford to take out costly libel action himself but if I had been in his shoes I would have done a couple of things to make him withdraw his false accusations knowing who it was that was posting under the Mr Monkey name.One of these things would be to stand outside his shop with a billboard denouncing him as the author of false accusations against him, and inviting members of the public to form their own opinions whether they wanted to do business with such an evil anonymous individual. I would of course made sure that the press were forewarned about this.
As regards Pilots comment "we are never going to be in agreement politically," join the club,no one knows now what Curlys political ambitions are.
One final point after the publication of Curly's interview on the front page of the Gazette last night he attempted to defend his comments by saying a large majority of readers backed his claim that the Mr Monkey articles were damaging job prospects for the town.It was obviously a mistake in him saying that as tonight's Gazette readers poll result of the question that readers were asked to vote on "Do you think the Mr Monkey accusations are damaging job prospects for the town", show the opposite result to Curly's claim in that results show that 82% of the voters DID NOT think it had damaged job prospects for the town.

sless
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sless »

eeee curly chops
front page well i never

15 minutes of fame eh
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bamboo
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by bamboo »

sless wrote:eeee curly chops
front page well i never

15 minutes of fame eh
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
cannot think of anything worse,i`ve sponsered endless events and local sporting teams over the years and i run a mile when they ask me to be any promotional photograph.nee wonder with a face like mine :D

i do question the integrity of these local councillers,when at every given opportunity they seem to have a picture of themself in the local rag
and more often than not there seems to be no benifit to the general public from doing so .
back by popular demand

daveelsy
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by daveelsy »

I once saw a Gazzette that didn't contain a picture of a councillor. Is this a record?

Jarrow Pete
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Jarrow Pete »

daveelsy wrote:I once saw a Gazzette that didn't contain a picture of a councillor. Is this a record?
Dave try and get hold of that issue because it will be worth a fortune on e bay.

curly
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by curly »

That was quite a dramatic overnight turnaround in the Gazette poll, I wonder how that was organised?
I did note that anyone could vote more than once, which doesn't seem particularly helpful.

Jarrow Pete
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Jarrow Pete »

curly wrote:That was quite a dramatic overnight turnaround in the Gazette poll, I wonder how that was organised?
I did note that anyone could vote more than once, which doesn't seem particularly helpful.
Makes me wonder who the brainless idiots are to vote in a Gazette poll. :D

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri »

Forget the mayor, I just saw the weather forecast in that paper. :shock:
You have to be kidding me. 3c-16c one day and 6c-14c the next. :shock:
And you call that SUMMER??? OMG, it's been like that here over the last few days and we have been commenting about how cold it is.
And I am a Melburnian, we are heaps tougher than the other aussies on here, they're wimps but we're not. :D

danet

Post by danet »

sherri wrote:Forget the mayor, I just saw the weather forecast in that paper. :shock:
You have to be kidding me. 3c-16c one day and 6c-14c the next. :shock:
And you call that SUMMER??? OMG, it's been like that here over the last few days and we have been commenting about how cold it is.
And I am a Melburnian, we are heaps tougher than the other aussies on here, they're wimps but we're not. :D
:lol: :lol: yeah, we ain't wimps, but just the other night was the pits for me, I had cold feet, and yep, I did wear 2 pairs of socks! But I'm okay now, I have adjusted, back to 1 pair now 8)

I can't for the life of me, see how those 14 and 16 degrees can be summer.....how would it be, if we Melbournians wanted to escape our 14 degree winter, to come to merry ole England, for summer, only to find we are still in 14 degree climate! :lol:

sless
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sless »

its a bit warm in dubai,44 today
got the ac on tho,then a bbq tonight
mmmmm

Pilot
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber