Parking

Welcome to The Corner Shop

Moderator: andysfootball

User avatar
Pilot
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 17047
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:50 pm
Location: Saudi Shields

Parking

Post by Pilot »

Knowing I was going to visit my daughter and family in Clapham, London, I asked my daughter to pre purchase a week long parking permit so I could park in her street, its strictly resident parking only and even they have to pay for the privilege! However you can get a visitors parking permit for one week at a time costing £25. We arrived and went indoors to collect our permit, but couldn't find it so we rang our daughter who told us where to find it. Then I went out to the car to place the permit in my car, 10 minutes had elapsed and guess what we had been served with a £120 parking ticket. The parking attendant must have seen us arrive, go in the house leaving the front door open because we knew we were coming straight back out, slapped a ticket on us and disappeared. We are in the process of appealing, wonder what our chances are ? they have records of our daughter buying the week long parking permit as they require a birth certificate and a copy of a utility bill before they are issued, but I get the impression we are banging our head against a wall.
I voted leave

Image

User avatar
Globalmyths
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 38830
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:22 pm
Location: Milford North Shore City Auckland New Zealand.

Re: Parking

Post by Globalmyths »

You can only try. And show them the permit your daughter paid for as proof you had only gone inside to collect it.
How was a totally inorganic world able to create organic life? Answer it couldn't and didn't

User avatar
sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 25221
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:14 am
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Re: Parking

Post by sherri »

Try.
That's all you can do.
If what you suspect is true, and the man whacked it on knowing you had just popped inside, most likely to get it, then that is low.

I would really try to get out of this one, you have all the evidence.
Good luck.

User avatar
Pilot
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 17047
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:50 pm
Location: Saudi Shields

Re: Parking

Post by Pilot »

Makes you wonder sherri when you hear that these traffic wardens are on a commission, the other week when i visited my son we popped over to my daughters in the car just to pick her up, i went inside to help her out with the baby and the bags she needs to feed and change him, i must have been in the house for 5 or 10 mins at least so i was risking a ticket then too i presume.
I voted leave

Image

Delilahcat
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 4847
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:25 pm
Location: Marsden South Shields

Re: Parking

Post by Delilahcat »

I think you have a good case for getting it overturned Pilot but it is a pity you had to have the hassle. Although the people responsible for them deny that the wardens are 'on commission' I understand thay have to issue so many tickets to keep their jobs.

User avatar
sless
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 12885
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:03 pm
Location: south shields

Re: Parking

Post by sless »

its like south shields
it is a licence to print money
i wonder what the leader does with all the money he rakes in
i would like to know
Image

User avatar
Pilot
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 17047
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:50 pm
Location: Saudi Shields

Re: Parking

Post by Pilot »

I just got an e-mail saying they are considering our appeal against the ticket and they will let us know within 14 days. :?
I voted leave

Image

User avatar
Jake
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 1145
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:22 am
Location: South Shields

Re: Parking

Post by Jake »

Pilot wrote:Knowing I was going to visit my daughter and family in Clapham, London, I asked my daughter to pre purchase a week long parking permit so I could park in her street, its strictly resident parking only and even they have to pay for the privilege! However you can get a visitors parking permit for one week at a time costing £25. We arrived and went indoors to collect our permit, but couldn't find it so we rang our daughter who told us where to find it. Then I went out to the car to place the permit in my car, 10 minutes had elapsed and guess what we had been served with a £120 parking ticket. The parking attendant must have seen us arrive, go in the house leaving the front door open because we knew we were coming straight back out, slapped a ticket on us and disappeared. We are in the process of appealing, wonder what our chances are ? they have records of our daughter buying the week long parking permit as they require a birth certificate and a copy of a utility bill before they are issued, but I get the impression we are banging our head against a wall.
That has made me so happy, best news I have had for a long time.
Justice has been done, tight fisted Pilot. :D

User avatar
mr-angry
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 9416
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:39 pm
Location: king of the rocks

Re: Parking

Post by mr-angry »

It was the Tories fault, they invented the traffic warden, and the Labour government are powerless to stop them.
South Shields, I was born here, and I'll d*e here

Jarrow Pete
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 8056
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:07 pm
Location: Jarrow

Re: Parking

Post by Jarrow Pete »

Talk about poetic justice, its a labour controlled council that is once again ripping off taxpayers. :lol: :lol:

User avatar
PartyGirl
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 3052
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 9:35 am

Re: Parking

Post by PartyGirl »

Just a thought, copy your phone bill to show u were on the phone to your daughter at the time u got the ticket. Hope you get a good result x

User avatar
danet
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5721
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 3:32 pm
Location: Stuck at Shanghai Airport!

Re: Parking

Post by danet »

Remember one little thing Pilot....don't make a song and dance about it telling the story from here to kingdom come......the less said, the better, without lying keep it simple.....all you say is, that you have been incorrectly served a parking fine when you had a parking permit already, with copy of proof of it all. Then... let them do the song and dance instead to come up with the but but buts..... :)

BigRy
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 617
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2003 4:50 pm

Re: Parking

Post by BigRy »

They want to do that around the Hospital area in Shields its an absolute joke, they sent the letters out with no mention of a permit charge but in the booklet accompanying it, the charges are stated! most people will think its a good idea when reading the letter as they can park outside there own door again, but dont notice theres a charge associated with it, just another money making rackett!

User avatar
Globalmyths
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 38830
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:22 pm
Location: Milford North Shore City Auckland New Zealand.

Re: Parking

Post by Globalmyths »

BigRy wrote:They want to do that around the Hospital area in Shields its an absolute joke, they sent the letters out with no mention of a permit charge but in the booklet accompanying it, the charges are stated! most people will think its a good idea when reading the letter as they can park outside there own door again, but dont notice theres a charge associated with it, just another money making rackett!
Hi BigRy its not often we have the pleasure of your company.
How was a totally inorganic world able to create organic life? Answer it couldn't and didn't

User avatar
curly
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 15705
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2003 1:53 am
Location: Not 230 John Williamson Street any more!
Contact:

Re: Parking

Post by curly »

Have they introduced a residents parking scheme in the streets around the hospital Ry, or is it only a proposal?

User avatar
andysfootball
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 12093
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 12:29 pm
Location: HMS Bounty
Contact:

Re: Parking

Post by andysfootball »

sounds to me that you are

up the junction

pilot
STAY CALM AND SANDDANCE ON

jimmywizz

Re: Parking

Post by jimmywizz »

curly ry mentioned this to me a while ago and you know why the council is thinking of it dont you !! its because if you visit the hospital you have to pay to park your car, so many people just leave the car in the side streets and walk into the hospital, so by making the street a permit only street they will force people to pay and park in the hospital, how mean is that ?

User avatar
Globalmyths
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 38830
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:22 pm
Location: Milford North Shore City Auckland New Zealand.

Re: Parking

Post by Globalmyths »

jimmywizz wrote:curly ry mentioned this to me a while ago and you know why the council is thinking of it dont you !! its because if you visit the hospital you have to pay to park your car, so many people just leave the car in the side streets and walk into the hospital, so by making the street a permit only street they will force people to pay and park in the hospital, how mean is that ?
Very mean.
How was a totally inorganic world able to create organic life? Answer it couldn't and didn't

User avatar
sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 25221
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:14 am
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Re: Parking

Post by sherri »

jimmywizz wrote:curly ry mentioned this to me a while ago and you know why the council is thinking of it dont you !! its because if you visit the hospital you have to pay to park your car, so many people just leave the car in the side streets and walk into the hospital, so by making the street a permit only street they will force people to pay and park in the hospital, how mean is that ?
I once got a $30 Fine like this.
I had parked in a street outside the hsopital because the hospital car park was full. I would have been more than happy to pay the fee, but there was a lot of building going on and half the car park was out of action and not a spot to be found.
There were no 'no parking' signs in the street.
I protested against my fine but they told me they couldn't afford signs in every street, they had warning signs round the perimeter of the area (about 2 km away). They also said there was another car park 2km away and a free bus shuttle. But how was I to know that? :evil:

The council told me they were trying to stop people clogging up the side streets in a residential area and I understand that, but in that case, the parking fees in the hospital should be toned down or abolished.

User avatar
Globalmyths
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 38830
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:22 pm
Location: Milford North Shore City Auckland New Zealand.

Re: Parking

Post by Globalmyths »

sherri wrote:
jimmywizz wrote:curly ry mentioned this to me a while ago and you know why the council is thinking of it dont you !! its because if you visit the hospital you have to pay to park your car, so many people just leave the car in the side streets and walk into the hospital, so by making the street a permit only street they will force people to pay and park in the hospital, how mean is that ?
I once got a $30 Fine like this.
I had parked in a street outside the hsopital because the hospital car park was full. I would have been more than happy to pay the fee, but there was a lot of building going on and half the car park was out of action and not a spot to be found.
There were no 'no parking' signs in the street.
I protested against my fine but they told me they couldn't afford signs in every street, they had warning signs round the perimeter of the area (about 2 km away). They also said there was another car park 2km away and a free bus shuttle. But how was I to know that? :evil:

The council told me they were trying to stop people clogging up the side streets in a residential area and I understand that, but in that case, the parking fees in the hospital should be toned down or abolished.
Townsville Hospitals parking is shocking it has four handicapped parking spots a car park for the staff a very large car park for the public and most of it is a long way from the entrance so they have golf buggeys to pick up those who have difficulty walking the distance. The hospital itself is a fair distance out of town when I had my by pass in 2003 wallaby and dingos could be seen walking around the hospital grounds. And because its so far out of town all the staff need their own transport so their car park is not big enough so they use the public car park.
How was a totally inorganic world able to create organic life? Answer it couldn't and didn't

Post Reply

Return to “The Corner Shop”