I knew I was a grandfather but I am also a great gran

Welcome to The Corner Shop

Moderator: andysfootball

Globalmyths
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

I knew I was a grandfather but I am also a great gran

Post by Globalmyths » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:48 pm

I knew my youngest son had more than a few children and I finally recieved a family photo of him his wife and their children. He has three daughters, and four sons, and one grandson his eldest son 19 years old has a son. So I can now say I am a Great, grandfather.

My daughter has four children my eldest son has three children. Which gives me 14 grandchildren and one great, grand son.
Last edited by Globalmyths on Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
How was a totally inorganic world able to create organic life? Answer it couldn't and didn't

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: I knew I was a grandfather but I am also a great, great

Post by sherri » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:47 pm

well, congratulations, global.
It isn't everyone who gets to be around long enough to see their great grandchildren. (Not that you are so old, I think your grandson is just a very young father).
I think the baby is your great grandson, rather than your great, great grandson, but what's a 'great' between friends. :wink: :lol:
Obviously you are not in touch much with your son then, if you weren't sure about how many children he had etc.

Rosie
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Rosie » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:07 pm

Congratulation Global, that a very productive family you have there :)

Sherri is right when she say you are a great grandfather not a great great grandfather, but not to worry it doesn't hurt. I have an eight year old great grandson and an 18 month old great grand daughter and I'm a few years younger than you :)
Life doesn't have an undo button

Globalmyths
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Globalmyths » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:19 am

Rosie wrote:Congratulation Global, that a very productive family you have there :)

Sherri is right when she say you are a great grandfather not a great great grandfather, but not to worry it doesn't hurt. I have an eight year old great grandson and an 18 month old great grand daughter and I'm a few years younger than you :)
Yes you are both right, and I cannot blame my mistake on a typographical error either.

Sorry Rosie. I don't like your feet hanging down picture as it looks like they below too two people who have been hung from the gallows.
How was a totally inorganic world able to create organic life? Answer it couldn't and didn't

Rosie
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Rosie » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:56 am

Globalmyths wrote: Sorry Rosie. I don't like your feet hanging down picture as it looks like they below too two people who have been hung from the gallows.
I'm sorry Global, but I can assure they have their feet firmly on the ground. Actually you should know me better than that, they are the feet of my two youngest granddaughters taken by their mum who is a kids photographer when she isn't working.

I'll go see what else I can find and change it, just for you :)
Life doesn't have an undo button

Globalmyths
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Globalmyths » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:10 am

Rosie wrote:
Globalmyths wrote: Sorry Rosie. I don't like your feet hanging down picture as it looks like they below too two people who have been hung from the gallows.
I'm sorry Global, but I can assure they have their feet firmly on the ground. Actually you should know me better than that, they are the feet of my two youngest granddaughters taken by their mum who is a kids photographer when she isn't working.

I'll go see what else I can find and change it, just for you :)
Thank you thats a lot better I am now getting the raspberry that I deserve. :lol: :lol:

Globalmyths
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Globalmyths » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:15 am

sherri wrote:well, congratulations, global.
It isn't everyone who gets to be around long enough to see their great grandchildren. (Not that you are so old, I think your grandson is just a very young father).
I think the baby is your great grandson, rather than your great, great grandson, but what's a 'great' between friends. :wink: :lol:
Obviously you are not in touch much with your son then, if you weren't sure about how many children he had etc.
Thats true with me being in Australia when they got married contact was very few and far between. And I have removed on of the greats.
Thanks for pointing it out that I was only a great grandfather.

Pilot
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: I knew I was a grandfather but I am also a great gran

Post by Pilot » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:09 am

When you said great gran I thought you'd had a s*x change :?
I voted leave

Ugly Betty
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Ugly Betty » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:26 pm

Wow, Global, congratulations! Such lovely news. :D

Globalmyths
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Globalmyths » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:38 pm

Pilot wrote:When you said great gran I thought you'd had a s*x change :?
I am to old to have a change of gender Pilot.

Return to “The Corner Shop”