London

Welcome to The Corner Shop

Moderator: andysfootball

northern

Re: London

Post by northern » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:23 pm

Hit a raw nerve did I? You are digressing beyond the point of idiocy. Pull yourself together man. BTW, why do you have a fixation on using the word "Laddy"? Do you have a "special fondness" for young boys? You're not a catholic priest are you?[/quote]

No raw nerves with me laddy.

OMG here i go again.. Educating the american .. Laddy is a northern expression for man/ lad/ youngster/male
It's just an expession laddy, no more.
So again you have failed in your futlie attempt to lower me to being a near kiddy fiddler. Your rather pathetic realy.
Kind of sick in a way by your suggestions, are you any kin of Gnads by any chance.

Well laddy if your going to go to that extent of near putting me as a kiddy fiddler, then i can but only feel sorry for you.

OH BTW. This is the last post to you, i cannot abide people who lower themselfs to such levels as you have gone.

So toodle pip old bean chin chin and have a nice life :)

Daddy O

What Type of Liar is Northern?

Post by Daddy O » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:27 pm

We all know that Northern has a tendency to subvert the truth, so to speak. This thread, along with the New York thread, the claims about his time in military service, claims about a house in Bury, the BMW, Ownership in the trucking business, etc. etc. etc. leads most people to understand that northern isn't on the same level of truthfulness as most everyone else. In fact, I believe he lives in a fantasy world. Hence, I did some research on what makes a person go to these extremes about lying. And I found out there are several different classifications of liars. So, here's a compilation of the research as to the different types of liars.

Now then, and after you have read this......exactly what "classification" of liar would you put northern in, and why?

DIFFERENT TYPES OF LIARS.

Liars can be classified in many different ways: according to the nature of lie, the size or seriousness of the lie, the subject of the lie, the victim of the lie, the occasion of the lie, the frequency of lying, the results of the lie, the apparent external cause of the lie, the internal cause of the lie, the occupation, setting or occasion for the lie, or any other factor associated with the lie.

Various types of liars:

Occasional liars. "Occasional liars, which most of us are, really don’t like to lie, but they’ll do so every now and then to avoid an unpleasant situation or because they don’t want to admit doing something wrong or embarrassing," Mazzarella explains. Because they feel uncomfortable lying, they’ll usually reveal their lies through their appearance, body language and voice.

Frequent liars. Frequent liars know lying is wrong, but it doesn’t make them as uncomfortable as the occasional liar. For this reason, they are more likely to lie regularly and are less likely to reveal lies through their appearance. However, because they are more comfortable lying, they do not pay as much attention to the consistency and logic of their statements.

Habitual liars. Habitual liars are fairly uncommon. These are people who have difficulty separating fact from fiction and who say whatever comes to their minds no matter how exaggerated, ridiculous, illogical or untruthful it may be. A good example is the 25-year-old who brags about his many worldly adventures, even though in reality he would have to be 80 to have accomplished all that he talks about. Habitual liars lie so frequently that they never show physical discomfort, but they are so sloppy with content that they are easy to catch.

Professional liars. "These are the hardest to identify," Mazzarella says. "They don’t lie indiscriminately, like the habitual liar. They lie for a purpose." These are people like the mechanic who routinely cons motorists about their faulty transmissions, or the realtor who explains that ceiling stains are the result of "old damage from a water leak in the attic," as opposed to a leaky roof. Professional liars have thought their lies through and know exactly what they’re going to say and when. Because the lie has been practiced so often, it will not be revealed by the liar’s voice, body language or appearance. The only way to catch professional liars is by checking their statements against an independent source."

Pathological liars. Many of us have dealt with people who frequently, if not perpetually, lie to us. People who lie constantly, and often for no apparent reason, are known as pathological liars. They have an intense need for people to like them, but their lying keeps people at arms' length. In this sense they are self-destructive because others decide the liar is more trouble than he is worth.

Some pathological liars are not content with merely telling a lie. They go a step further and actually live a lie, sometimes even adopting a completely different identity and living it out as if it were truth. They may pose as physicians, lawyers, rock stars, heroes, etc. The major payoff to these individuals is a boost to their self esteem. According to a survey of 72 cases, one-third of pathological liars adopt fake identities, as recorded in the medical literature over the course of a century.

Research done by Gordon Deckert, an Oklahoma psychiatrist, reveals that pathological liars are about equally divided between males and females (Ekman, 1986). They are usually of average intelligence and have far higher than average verbal skills. They often work with believable facts, seasoning and embellishing them here and there. One in four has simulated illnesses, and one in five has been arrested for theft, swindling, forgery, etc.

According to Robert Baker, a University of Kentucky psychologist, pathological liars are some of the most charming people you would ever want to meet. They are experts on deceit, and unlike most people, do not show emotion or get upset when they are lying."

anna
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by anna » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:52 pm

you do go on a bit Dad!! :roll:
we all what Northern is , your not telling us anything new.
But i reckon he has bigger balls than you , all the stick he has took over the months ,and he still visits these boards ,he didnt go off sulking,like some do :roll: , or he didnt come back in another nik , he is what he is , and i reckon these boards would miss him if he left , not sure i could say the same about you tho :roll: ...
Northen ,i reckon its time for another trip ,where you off to next :D

northern

Post by northern » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:10 pm

anna wrote:you do go on a bit Dad!! :roll:
But i reckon he has bigger balls than you , all the stick he has took over the months ,and he still visits these boards ,he didnt go off sulking,like some do :roll: , or he didnt come back in another nik , he is what he is , and i reckon these boards would miss him if he left , not sure i could say the same about you tho :roll: ...

Mmmm, i cannot tell you about the lake district trip as that was true
All you have to do is ask baldy to look at my Photo i took there.Its in the weekly compo.

He must know what camera i had, If he asks me i will send the info to him by P/m
Just to clarify it like ,i never alter the date on cameras by the way. :wink:

i shall be leaving the boards at the end of October for a while.. Going on Holiday again ... Guess where :D :lol:

Jarrow Pete
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Jarrow Pete » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:12 pm

anna wrote:you do go on a bit Dad!! :roll:
Well said Anna. =D> =D> =D>

andysfootball

Post by andysfootball » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:02 pm

you'll either be going to pluto or mars northern
STAY CALM AND SANDDANCE ON

bamboo
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by bamboo » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:05 pm

andysfootball wrote:you'll either be going to pluto or mars northern
haway man andy keep up,he done those trips last year . :D
back by popular demand

Blue...
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Blue... » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:37 pm

anna :lol:

it's not rocket surgery... :5dunce:

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri » Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:53 am

I would hate to see the boards without Northern.
:D
So... he's a bit eccentric and told a few fibs a year ago.
He'll go down in board legend and it isn't everyone who can do that. :wink:
Think of the hours of controversy and entertainment he has provided.
For the record, I believe he does have a partner called Clare and that he does have a BMW.
He can't be used to being well off though, it is all new to him, otherwise he wouldn't be so chuffed about it and telling us the model number every few posts. :lol:
So, he is enjoying his BMW 1x5 and getting endless pleasure out of owning it. :D
But.....I am not sure I would recognise one if it drove over me. Pity we haven't had a pic. :(
I am pretty good at spotting corollas though. :D
Mine's a nice little white hatchback with only a few scrapes and a st christopher's medal on the dash. :D

Daddy O

Post by Daddy O » Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:54 am

sherri wrote:I would hate to see the boards without Northern. :D
So... he's a bit eccentric and told a few fibs a year ago. He'll go down in board legend and it isn't everyone who can do that. :wink: Think of the hours of controversy and entertainment he has provided.

For the record, I believe he does have a partner called Clare and that he does have a BMW. e can't be used to being well off though, it is all new to him, otherwise he wouldn't be so chuffed about it and telling us the model number every few posts. :lol:

So, he is enjoying his BMW 1x5 and getting endless pleasure out of owning it. :D But.....I am not sure I would recognise one if it drove over me. Pity we haven't had a pic. :(

I am pretty good at spotting corollas though. :D Mine's a nice little white hatchback with only a few scrapes and a st christopher's medal on the dash. :D
So, you condone lying??

baldy.smith

Post by baldy.smith » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:46 am

sherri wrote:I would hate to see the boards without Northern.
So... he's told a few fibs a year ago.
Sherri, while I agree with your sentiments I think there is a big
difference between telling a few "fibs" and deliberately telling
"lies" designed to decieve other board members. :wink:

8)

northern

Post by northern » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:20 am

baldy.smith wrote:

8)

Well there you go Mr squeaky clean goody two shoes.
What a boreing olf fart, never even sneezed in the wrong direction. You are Sir as they say. Pure as the driven snow... What utter rubbish :D

Blimey i make one mistake and your like a dog with a bone, let it go man. jog on and enjoy the rest of your life...... i am :D

northern

Post by northern » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:35 am

So... he's a bit eccentric and told a few fibs a year ago.
He'll go down in board legend and it isn't everyone who can do that. :wink:
Think of the hours of controversy and entertainment he has provided.
For the record, I believe he does have a partner called Clare and that he does have a BMW.
He can't be used to being well off though, it is all new to him, otherwise he wouldn't be so chuffed about it and telling us the model number every few posts. :lol:
So, he is enjoying his BMW 1x5 and getting endless pleasure out of owning it. :D
But.....I am not sure I would recognise one if it drove over me. Pity we haven't had a pic. :(
I am pretty good at spotting corollas though. :D
Mine's a nice little white hatchback with only a few scrapes and a st christopher's medal on the dash. :D

i feel sure you dont like lies sherri, well we all know i fibbed in the London thread and the NY thread.
So that american and all his huffing is in vain.

Yes we get al lot of pleasure from our BMWX5. :D

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:37 am

Daddy O wrote:So, you condone lying??

Yes, sometimes.
baldy.smith wrote:

8)
Yes. But it is like spilt milk. It can't be undone. I think northern dug himself a hole and I am not convinced he is a spectacularly good liar.
In any case it is about a year ago now. It can be fun to have a dig at him and remind him about it, but it's getting hard to maintain the rage, so to speak. A bit like groundhog day, as danet said. It doesn't worry me if his transport is a BMW or a BMX :lol:

memor
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Location: Retired under a big umbrela in the sun with a glass of champagne

Post by memor » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:46 am

I went to London once. I stayed ten years.

I unable to master one way system till kindly taxi driver give me big hint.

If you see National Express coach follow it.

I lost count of the number of times I ended up at Victoria Coach station.
I always value Pilots wit and input

Globalmyths
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Globalmyths » Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:52 pm

Hi Memor it looks like the taxi driver thought as a driver you needed a bit of coaching.
How was a totally inorganic world able to create organic life? Answer it couldn't and didn't

northern

Post by northern » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:22 pm

memor wrote:I went to London once. I stayed ten years.

I unable to master one way system till kindly taxi driver give me big hint.

If you see National Express coach follow it.

I lost count of the number of times I ended up at Victoria Coach station.

i trust you had a good photographer with you memor
London has so many distinctive landmarks. :D :lol:

Scrappy

Post by Scrappy » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:30 pm

Onya Sherri, you always have the right thing to say..

Time to let it go..Give the guy a break..
How many other boardies are squeaky clean ???

baldy.smith

Post by baldy.smith » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:02 pm

Scrappy wrote:
Time to let it go..Give the guy a break..
How many other boardies are squeaky clean ???

You're right Scrappy. and I am one of those who is not squeaky clean,
so it's confession time.

In 1966 I got caught speeding in an Austin A30 van, the speed limit for
commercial vehicles back then was 40 mph. I was fined £5 (almost
half a weeks wages back then) and three penalty points on my license.

I've been a good lad since then (well I haven't been caught anyway :D )

Anyone else got something they want to get off their chest? (no not you
Party Girl).

8)

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:07 pm

:lol:
So, your evil catches up with you, baldy.
Now we all know. :wink:

Look, as a practice, honesty is usually the best policy. Besides, it is easier. :lol:
But sometimes we all tell a few lies or make sins of omission.
Most of the time, from what I've seen, it's to escape trouble or scorn. For northern, I don't know why-maybe pride and then more lies to cover the first lies. It's a tangled web we weave etc
But the bottom line is no one on here owes anyone every detail of their life. No one has to answer any personal questions. No one has to reveal details of their sexuality, income, past criminal record or anything else.
Lies will mainly bounce back and hurt the person making them, as Northern is finding out, as his credibility is down. But all the same, he is under no obligation to 'prove' things to us or show us pictures on demand etc
Shame though, as I would have liked to see his new car, too.
However, if people are feeling disappointment, there is always my offer of some very nice corolla pictures, only a couple of small scrapes to detract from the oomph factor. :lol:

Return to “The Corner Shop”