Anyone been to Gran Canaria?

Welcome to The Corner Shop

Moderator: andysfootball

sewell
Motor Mouth
Motor Mouth

Anyone been to Gran Canaria?

Post by sewell » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:05 pm

Hi People, Was just wandering if anyone has been to gran canaria? Im going there on monday and have never been before, any good places to visit? what are the people like? any canny bars etc? Any help would be appreciated. Bit apprehensive about it at the minute.

Sewell xx

baldy.smith

Re: Anyone been to Gran Canaria?

Post by baldy.smith » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:09 pm

Never been there myself, but my brother and his family have as well as some neighbours of mine. Heard nothing but good reports on the place.
My brother and his wife are heading in that direction in a couple of weeks time. I think they have been there at least three times, they manage to get away several times a year.

8)

Jondom
Big Gob
Big Gob

Post by Jondom » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:11 pm

No soz, but I've been to Tenerife. I expect the people will be roughly the same - canny ye, but there's these guys/gals from Africa that try to sell you things 24/7, some of it is good, but most of it will fall to pieces once he/she is out of sight.

Great weather though. Was usually 40C when I went in late August / early September.

AV FUN NEWAYS YE. :D
Last edited by Jondom on Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sewell
Motor Mouth
Motor Mouth

Post by sewell » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:10 pm

thanks, thats put me mind at rest at least! just the horrible part to do now,,,PACKING :(

Jondom
Big Gob
Big Gob

Post by Jondom » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:11 pm

It'll be worth it when you get there. :D

baldy.smith

Post by baldy.smith » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:12 pm

We expect a full report and some photos when you get back :wink:

8)

sewell
Motor Mouth
Motor Mouth

Post by sewell » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:13 pm

no problem, camera is fully charged and ready to go, im not much of a harsh critic though, i tend to like anything where there is sun. heard there is tremendous mountains and views over there though so will have to take sum pix of them.

x

northern

Post by northern » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:14 pm

Not been myself sewell, my niece has been twice, loves it there.
You should not have any problems as she found the people
very friendly and helpful.

The weather was not brilliant. Windy but no rain.
Food very good, all fish dishes from fresh caught fish etc.

sewell
Motor Mouth
Motor Mouth

Post by sewell » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:15 pm

thanks for that northern, always up for a nice meal and a tipple of 4. lol.
Ive heard its quite a windy island but hey, dont u get a better tan with a bit of wind. looking forward to that!

baldy.smith

Post by baldy.smith » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:19 pm

sewell wrote:no problem, camera is fully charged and ready to go, im not much of a harsh critic though, i tend to like anything where there is sun. heard there is tremendous mountains and views over there though so will have to take sum pix of there.

x
That part of the island has been used in many sci fi films as it looks like the moons surface or the suface of other planets, very spectacular.

8)

bamboo
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by bamboo » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:20 pm

sewell,,i have just returned last sunday,,i stopped in at palm beach hotel on the beach in maspalomas the hotel was well swanky i would recommend it if you were thinking about it,,maspalomas is in the south of the island and it has your run of the mill pubs clubs and restaurants,,the next resort along the beachplaya del ingles[has a nudist beech] this is the liviest resort as far as the pubs/clubs are concerned,,i did hear different reports about puerto rico which is also in the south some good some bad,,the weather was 22-25 when we were there with clear blue sky every day :D [and thats as bad as it gets] there is also plenty of old traditinal areas and things to visit if thats your scene,,but we were there for my son and his surfing so we spent all our time on the beach,,the water sports are endless so make some enquires with your rep and i,m sur you will find some thing todo,,i will try and post my photos tonight but im havin a sh ite load of trouble with me puwtas at the mo..aaarrrrhhhh[ sless your mate andy has just took 4 of my puwtas away today to repair them] i am going back in feb as i found it to be a decent place [better than tenerife in my opinion] enjoy
back by popular demand

sless
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sless » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:22 pm

he is quite good with pc's
cleaned a few things off my pc a while ago
:oops:

baldy.smith

Post by baldy.smith » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:22 pm

sewell wrote:
Ive heard its quite a windy island but hey, dont u get a better tan with a bit of wind.
The wind is entirely due to too much lager drinking, and in extreme cases does produce a nice shade of brown. :lol:

8)

northern

Post by northern » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:25 pm

Sewell should not have no problems with that wind then, Bamboo's not threre. :lol:

baldy.smith

Post by baldy.smith » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:28 pm

northern wrote:Sewell should not have no problems with that wind then, Bamboo's not threre. :lol:
No, but he gets around a bit does our bamboo! :wink: :wink:

Don't you bamboo :lol:

8)

sewell
Motor Mouth
Motor Mouth

Post by sewell » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:32 pm

haha, will let you know if the wind is still around!

thanks for that bamboo. We are going to a part called playa tourito next to playa mogan, its about 5 miles away from peurto rico but we are planning on renting a car for a couple of days and going to see the sights. Might have to visit maspolamas, probs visit les ingles as well while we are at it, that will make my man happy if there is a nudist beach lol.

Well you's lot have def put my mind to rest now thank god. Was wondering if it was going to be a big mistake when i got there. I get a bit nervous when visiting new places. maybe my standards are just too bloody high lol.

xx

baldy.smith

Post by baldy.smith » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:36 pm

sewell wrote: maybe my standards are just too bloody high lol.
xx
That's only natural, once you've lived in a place like South Shields, everywhere else seems substandard. :wink:

8)

bamboo
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by bamboo » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:45 pm

baldy.smith wrote:
northern wrote:Sewell should not have no problems with that wind then, Bamboo's not threre. :lol:
No, but he gets around a bit does our bamboo! :wink: :wink:

Don't you bamboo :lol:

8)
mr smith you know me im like dog sh ite" everywhere"
back by popular demand

baldy.smith

Post by baldy.smith » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:47 pm

bamboo wrote: mr smith you know me im like dog sh ite" everywhere"
Too true, I've been trying to scrape you of my shoe for that last hour or so. :wink:

8)

bamboo
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by bamboo » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:48 pm

sewell wrote:haha, will let you know if the wind is still around!

thanks for that bamboo. We are going to a part called playa tourito next to playa mogan, its about 5 miles away from peurto rico but we are planning on renting a car for a couple of days and going to see the sights. Might have to visit maspolamas, probs visit les ingles as well while we are at it, that will make my man happy if there is a nudist beach lol.

Well you's lot have def put my mind to rest now thank god. Was wondering if it was going to be a big mistake when i got there. I get a bit nervous when visiting new places. maybe my standards are just too bloody high lol.

xx
sewell i have a gran canaria pocket guide booklet it has everything you need to know in ityou can have it if you want,,
back by popular demand

Return to “The Corner Shop”