Moderator: andysfootball

champion.
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

True...

Post by champion. »

:shock:

Image :lol:
My mate reckons he's going to a convention for retired shoe repairers today.
Load of old cobblers if you ask me.

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: True...

Post by sherri »

:lol: It got like that here last year. Mind you, if you're not going out, who cares what your hair looks like.

How is it going for you over there? We had a long lockdown but basically it is worth it to be virtually covid free. Winter is the best time for lockdown too.
We still have little break outs occasionally from the pesky overseas travellers who return but on the whole, life is almost back to normal. We all wear masks at shops etc and I think that helps a lot to stop anything spreading, not just covid. :D

allan
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by allan »

Hya C'... It still ain't that clever, if a lot of people stuck by the rules we may have been on the mend, soon as the % dropped a little everyone in London was out celebrating and up it went again, if we are not careful we could be in lockdown another year, and of course we still have them boat people coming over all potential carriers, but our Government is more concerned about British people being out of their limit zone... Good to see all is well C' take care... ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri »

You know, there was a time in August last year when our city of Melbourne had almost as many cases as the whole of the UK.
That's when we went into hard lockdown, which i must admit took a while to kick in but by late Nov we were down to zero community cases.

The one thing I think we did right was to close borders. People in Melb couldn't travel more than 5km from home, let alone into regional areas of the state and all other states were shut to us. But it did keep covid contained to mainly Melbourne.
If you want to knock it on the head in UK, you would need to stop all overseas people coming in unless they went into quarantine for 14 days. We have that and it is for returning Australians only, no foreign holiday makers etc. Well, except for the tennis players and didn't they put up a whinge about quarantine. :twisted:
But yes, you need to stop people coming into UK.

Where did the Lononders celebrate? Everything was shut here during the hard lockdown-pubs, restaurants etc
Opened up a lot more now.

allan
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by allan »

Boris eased the Lockdown and opened certain stuff, these people with money think they were exempt from thr virus, during this lockdown Boris is under certain pressure to open schools and colleges, but that's where it soared in the first place, our stupid Government are running about like headless chickens don't have a clue what's going on. The first lockdown we were in quarantined for around 5 month, the %s dropped so did the brains of some people as it soared again but some people just didn't listen and we were back where we started, over 100.000 deaths in UK, mind they were putting nearly every death down to Covid, WHY I don't know, The virus is stabilising a bit, but not going down so more must be done to get the percentages down, even then we must keep up these rules to make sure we are at some sort of realistic life back... He is cancelling the tier system soon, good idea or bad I don't know, they are saying holidays will be back in June, I reckon next year more like, if it does happen. This is just the UK, other countries aren't doing so well and little does people realise is this Virus got to be squashed World wide before we can get back to normality as it only takes a few more boat people coming in and we will be back to square one... ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŒ€

andysfootball

Post by andysfootball »

sherri wrote: โ†‘
Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:42 am
You know, there was a time in August last year when our city of Melbourne had almost as many cases as the whole of the UK.
That's when we went into hard lockdown, which i must admit took a while to kick in but by late Nov we were down to zero community cases.

The one thing I think we did right was to close borders. People in Melb couldn't travel more than 5km from home, let alone into regional areas of the state and all other states were shut to us. But it did keep covid contained to mainly Melbourne.
If you want to knock it on the head in UK, you would need to stop all overseas people coming in unless they went into quarantine for 14 days. We have that and it is for returning Australians only, no foreign holiday makers etc. Well, except for the tennis players and didn't they put up a whinge about quarantine. :twisted:
But yes, you need to stop people coming into UK.

Where did the Lononders celebrate? Everything was shut here during the hard lockdown-pubs, restaurants etc
Opened up a lot more now.
Melbourne has never been anywhere near as close to UK cases Sherri. You must be mixing Melbourne cases with UK deaths?
STAY CALM AND SANDDANCE ON

andysfootball

Post by andysfootball »

champion. wrote: โ†‘
Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:22 pm
:shock:

Image :lol:
her first headjob with scissors and shampoo!

champion.
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by champion. »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri »

andysfootball wrote: โ†‘
Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:04 pm
Melbourne has never been anywhere near as close to UK cases Sherri. You must be mixing Melbourne cases with UK deaths?
[/quote]

You're right in that it wasn't total numbers of cases, it was daily new active cases. UK had a lot more cases in Aug last year but the tally of new cases on one day back in Aug was not that much higher than melbourne's as we had an explosion at one point.

The interesting thing is, this time last year, Australia had more cases than UK or USA. In fact on 9 Feb 2020 Australia had as many as UK and USA combined. It wasn't a lot. Aust 15, UK 3, USA 12. Canada had 7. I have the screenshots saved but haven't time to go to imgur and get links atm.

If we had all acted a lot faster and a lot harder on those cases and close contacts, it could have been kept in check.

champion.
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by champion. »

I've had my first vaccine jab :D

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri »

How did it go?

champion.
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by champion. »

Absolutely fine, didn't feel unwell at all (don't know what all the fuss is about :roll: ) get my second jab in about three months :wink:

andysfootball

Post by andysfootball »

talking about little pricks

hows mr angry doing these days champion?

champion.
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by champion. »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Never heard from him since he done a runner off here :lol:

gnads
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by gnads »

champion. wrote: โ†‘
Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:24 pm
Absolutely fine, didn't feel unwell at all (don't know what all the fuss is about :roll: ) get my second jab in about three months :wink:

3 months?
Nappies & Politicians should be changed often. Both for the same reason.
I don't have an attitude I have a personality you can't handle.

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri »

From what I am reading on facebook, a lot of the English are waiting about 11 to 12 weeks between injections.
I'm not even sure I want one, after reading the side effects. Someone in Melb got blood clots.

champion.
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by champion. »

gnads wrote: โ†‘
Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:11 pm

3 months?
Yep 3 months..they said at one time it was important to get your second jab 3 weeks after your first, but now it seems the "expert" medical teams say it's safe to have you second jab twelve weeks later..but with me being hard core I'll battle on :roll: :lol: :wink:

jeff
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by jeff »

2nd jab this morning.
There's nothing wrong with being mediocre........as long as you're good at it!

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri »

Which one was it, Jeff? Our govt has stopped the astra zenica one from being given to anyone under 50 unless the benefits for that person outweigh the risks. I think they figure those over 50 are better off risking the vaccine than the virus but I am not impressed. If it's not good enough for the under 50s I am not sure I am that keen either.

jeff
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by jeff »

The Astra Zenica. I am prepared to take the very slight risk. No probs with the first one except mild discomfort for a couple of days. OH gets hers on Tuesday.
There's nothing wrong with being mediocre........as long as you're good at it!

Return to โ€œThe Corner Shopโ€