Welcome to The Corner Shop

Moderator: andysfootball

Daddy O
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: Independence Day

Post by Daddy O »

sherri wrote:
Daddy O wrote:And here's a man (and I am being generous in that assessment) who hasn't a clue as to what is going on in the world.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... d-bizarre/

For all you Trump Fans..................be careful for what you wish for.......you just may get it.
He's certainly not that articulate without his speech writer around, is he. :D
And he obviously loves to talk about himself, it's his number 1 topic.

I've read down to about half way and my translation would be that he is saying there's a world wide trend towards countries being more independent so he wasn't surprised by the exit vote, even though earlier opinion polls suggested 80% would vote to remain. He sees England as having a lot in common with USA in that people want to take control of their borders.
He thinks England is a top ally so if he gets in power, they will go to the front of the line when it comes to trade, they can rest easy on that. He likes Scotland too.

He thinks no one knows exactly what the repercussions will be but he thinks although it may make for temporary difficulties, long term UK should be fine & not to listen to the long term experts as they don't always know. He says he doesn't really know either. :D
I'd say he got that part right.
--------------------
I think he could very well have some valid points.
But is he the best you can do out of 300 million people?
Is he your finest example of education, intelligence and leadership?
He was in Scotland when he made those statements. The only problem is.....he was asked about Scotland's vote, not the UK. He didn't know that Scotland voted to remain....................that's how stupid he is.

ralph
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by ralph »

The 'remain in's' have generally taken it very badly and thrown their dollies out of their prams. :D One of the men the Government used to like to trot out to back up their views: Lord Digby Jones, former Director General of the of the Confederation of British Industry and a Director of many companies. has been strangely missing from their campaign to create fear in the voters. The reason became plain today when he appeared on TV to express his delight at the result of the referendum and tell us what a wonderful opportunity we have now created.

Mr Cameron has announced that he will be gone before October, the Chancellor of the Exchequer has disappeared underground and the President of the EU Council: Jean Paul Junkers, could sour a bottle of milk with a glance. There is a General Election in Spain tomorrow and great unrest in France. Very soon I predict that the EU will be in tatters and history will judge Mrs Merkel, with her foolish invitation to take in up to 3 million migrants as a major player in having weakened the foundations of the Institution. Hopefully we will soon have restored accountability for our successes and failures to where it rightly belongs: The Westminster Parliament.

Daddy O
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Daddy O »

Dead on balls accurate Ralph.

Ding Dong the witch is dead
Which old witch
The wicked old witch
Ding Dong the EU is dead........OK, where's Judy Garland when you really need her?

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri »

DaddyO, I didn't think he really answered any of the questions in a direct way.
The first question was about should Scotland leave the UK, but he didn't answer that, he dodged it completely, he talked about the overall results of the exit vote and how in sync that was with his own views.

So nope, he didn't answer the question at all, but that is so typical of politicians, you can rarely get a direct answer, they tend to turn the conversation around to what they want to talk about.

I think he did know the vote in Scotland had been more for the remain side, because further down he said it was up to the people of Scotland if they wanted to have another vote about staying or leaving UK but he was there last time and it was a nasty period, he wasn't sure if they would want to put themselves through it again.

Because he was in Scotland, I'm guessing he didn't want to get into it because he supported the exit vote and he didn't want to tell the Scottish they weren't as clued up as the English.

He did say one thing that I thought was interesting:

How does a leader unite people?

TRUMP: Well, you unite people by having a happy country.

So you can't unite a country by forcing things down to peoples' throat. And that's what happened here, people are not happy.

I'd say he got that part right.
He didn't insult Scotland but I noticed he gave Obama and Hilary a big serve.

As I said-is he really one of the best you have out of 300 million?

Daddy O
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Daddy O »

Well, no he isn't...........but then I do not particularly like Hillary, but I would vote for her before ever, ever, thinking about voting for Trump. He's just plain stupid and a fraud and a thief.

Just Google Trump University and you'll know what I mean.

gnads
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by gnads »

Daddy O wrote:Well, no he isn't...........but then I do not particularly like Hillary, but I would vote for her before ever, ever, thinking about voting for Trump. He's just plain stupid
and a fraud and a thief

Just Google Trump University and you'll know what I mean.
:lol: Maybe he is ....... but by golly gee so the hell is Hilary Clinton.

She's just a different type of scary.

There's the US's dilemma.
Nappies & Politicians should be changed often. Both for the same reason.
I don't have an attitude I have a personality you can't handle.

Blue...
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Blue... »

Where's Mr Angry...

I thought that he'd be all over this one?

it's not rocket surgery... :5dunce:

gnads
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by gnads »

I do believe banned

then after the suspension

he decided that they could stick it up their jacksie

Say no more
Nappies & Politicians should be changed often. Both for the same reason.
I don't have an attitude I have a personality you can't handle.

andysfootball

Post by andysfootball »

Patience is a British Virtue.
STAY CALM AND SANDDANCE ON

Return to “The Corner Shop”