New Members

Welcome to The Corner Shop

Moderator: andysfootball

Pilot
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

New Members

Post by Pilot » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:50 pm

I was surprised to see the boards have had 74 new members so far in 2017, yet few new posters, I can only conclude they log on and join out of curiosity, see the standard of posts and never log on again. Shame really this used to be a very lively board with many topics, I,like I suppose our 74 new members log on look at whats been posted and log off quickly.
I voted leave

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: New Members

Post by sherri » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:08 pm

They may not visit the boards. Maybe they go to other sections of the site.
The reason I say that is no one has to actually join to view the posts on most of the boards.

I agree the boards have changed, they used to be very lively with a lot of different people and topics.

max Headroom
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by max Headroom » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:56 pm

Where else can see the clown for free, the word has gotten out.

tugger
USA USA USA, DESTROY, KILL, MAIM, WAR HERO'S ALL OF US, I LOVE TRUMP GOD BLESS ARRRRHMERIA, OPEN CARRY, MORE KILL, FRIENDLY FIRE.

ralph
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by ralph » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:06 am

sherri wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:08 pm
They may not visit the boards. Maybe they go to other sections of the site.
The reason I say that is no one has to actually join to view the posts on most of the boards.

I agree the boards have changed, they used to be very lively with a lot of different people and topics.
I think lots of social media sites have many people who read, but don't post. If you look at the number of times a topic is visited, it can be quite surprising. It may be the original 'poster' keeps looking in to see what interest is being taken... probably only Andy of Rye will know the answer to that one.

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:54 am

Yes, that's true. Anyone can visit an open board and I'm sure others look in here. All I was saying really was they don't have to create an account to do that.

But pilot's right-most visitors won't find the boards tempting enough to post.

max Headroom
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by max Headroom » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:40 pm

Geez never though of it that way, I was under the impression that someone with a mega split personality got happy with themselves at a grave yard collecting names.
USA USA USA, DESTROY, KILL, MAIM, WAR HERO'S ALL OF US, I LOVE TRUMP GOD BLESS ARRRRHMERIA, OPEN CARRY, MORE KILL, FRIENDLY FIRE.

Return to “The Corner Shop”