Blink 182

A place for skaters to post the best places to skate, arrange competitions, get togethers etc
elmarko
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Location: s/s... home of the 12 year old cider drinkin can a borra 20p chava losers!

Blink 182

Post by elmarko » Sat Jun 12, 2004 10:08 am

hey, just bought 5 tickets to see blink 182 in newcastle on december 2nd, anyone else going? RG, yours is safe with me now ;)
I should have gone to college and gone into real estate and bought myself an aquarium,thats what I should have done

Dani_cx
Motor Mouth
Motor Mouth

Post by Dani_cx » Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:10 pm

I am! I am! :D Yaaay! I'm so f**king haaaaaaaaaaaappy! I got four tickets for me and my mates from the pre-pre-pre sale. Blink rule live, so woooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Ever seen them before Marko?
down,set,go

elmarko
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Location: s/s... home of the 12 year old cider drinkin can a borra 20p chava losers!

Post by elmarko » Sat Jun 12, 2004 3:16 pm

naah a havent, i have a few live concerts on dvd tho, so got an idea of what to expect. i got my tickets this morning, 20 ins after they came on sale yay!
I should have gone to college and gone into real estate and bought myself an aquarium,thats what I should have done

Dani_cx
Motor Mouth
Motor Mouth

Post by Dani_cx » Sat Jun 12, 2004 10:48 pm

Cool. When I saw them in February I was blown away by how good they were. Favourite band ever <3
down,set,go

elmarko
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by elmarko » Sun Jun 13, 2004 12:55 am

just to upset ya dani, ok i do like blink, but there new stuff is AWFUL!!! im talking about the new album, it sucks, i felt really let down by it, the 6 albums before that were really rather good (dude ranch and enema of the state being the best ones) but the latest offering wasnt much good. i hope that at the gig they play a lot of older stuff rather than all the new songs... i prefer the old stuff

Dani_cx
Motor Mouth
Motor Mouth

Post by Dani_cx » Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:27 pm

Pssh, the new album owns your ass and you know it. It's so much more musical rather than just pop punk etc etc. Its f**king genius thats what it is. Robert Smith + Blink = <3 Come on, it is an amazing album. The older albums are more punkish and each album is different in one way or another but the new record is more mature and they're into more than just punk now (ie The Cure etc) and so it shows int he way they're putting they're s**t together now.

And in february they're set list was mainly "Blink182", "Enema.." "toypaj" and "Dude Ranch" so relatively mixed. It was such a good show, i had so much fun. In american they've also been playing a Medley of Dumpweed, Josie, M&Ms, etc; it sounds so badass, I hope they do something like that.
down,set,go

elmarko
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by elmarko » Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:42 pm

pfft, ya wont ever beat dude ranch tho. that album was what made blink 182 who they are. enema ruled too, but looking at em both i prefered dude ranch tho. still do, and yes the new album they have 'matured' but isnt the immaturity what made blink who they are? isnt that what there all about? meh, sorry but i think the new album is a let down in comparison.

Dani_cx
Motor Mouth
Motor Mouth

Post by Dani_cx » Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:56 pm

"pfft, ya wont ever beat dude ranch tho."

I dunno, if I feel like listening to more old school punk blink I'd listen to that album, If i felt like listening to more pop-punk blink I'd listen to Enema etc etc.. and if i fetl like listening to lots of different music I'd listen to the new record. But Dude Ranch does kick as so much and I totally get what your saying.

"and yes the new album they have 'matured' but isnt the immaturity what made blink who they are? isnt that what there all about?"

Well they may be famous for the whole potty humour thing and joke songs, which I do miss (but they'd be out of place on the new album in my opinion) but they still have the humour onstage and off, just not so much in the album which I can understand cause five or six albums down the line it's about time they get more serious when making an artistic album. The immaturity may have made blink who they are, but they still need to mature and progress as a band and not get stuck in the Linkin Park syndrome making album after album sounding the same as last.

Bit of a long post, heh, sorry.
down,set,go

Dani_cx
Motor Mouth
Motor Mouth

Post by Dani_cx » Sun Jun 20, 2004 9:40 pm

Pssh, don't you psssh blink182. Blink was quality.
down,set,go

JonnyRandom

Post by JonnyRandom » Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:55 pm

ive never thought that much of blink that s**t aint my cup of T but Miss You and All The Small Things, they were okay like.

Dani_cx
Motor Mouth
Motor Mouth

Post by Dani_cx » Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:01 pm

"I Miss You" was great until they released it as the second single, then it got thrashed to f**k with that shi*ty video and its totally been ruined for me now :evil: . Ohwell. And same for "All The Small Things" really, seeing as that's been thrashed to f**k for years now. "Down" isn't being thrashed atm thank god.
down,set,go

JonnyRandom

Post by JonnyRandom » Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:24 am

Miss You reminds me of my ex. she was a proper f**king b***h to me but it sort of reminds me of the relationship we had at the time.

elmarko
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by elmarko » Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:46 pm

at least they never thrasshed adams song and never released anthem, them two songs are awesome

Dani_cx
Motor Mouth
Motor Mouth

Post by Dani_cx » Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:47 pm

I know, I love those songs so much. They never released Anthem though as far as I remember..? Plus Adams Song is hardly radio friendly..

edit; I just re-read your post elmarko and realised you said "never realeased anthem", i thought you said they had.
Last edited by Dani_cx on Wed Jun 23, 2004 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
down,set,go

MC_Trilo_G
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by MC_Trilo_G » Wed Jun 23, 2004 5:16 am

all the best songs get overplayed and become boring and cheesy, no matter what genre of music... thats life
'Nice one, bruvva!'

Dani_cx
Motor Mouth
Motor Mouth

Post by Dani_cx » Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:51 pm

Yeah, sucks.
down,set,go

JonnyRandom

Post by JonnyRandom » Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:09 am

i dunno i can still listen to "Dont Look Back In Anger" and think its f*ckin genius.

Blood&Honour
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by Blood&Honour » Fri Jun 25, 2004 6:52 pm

sucks

elmarko
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by elmarko » Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:46 am

that is the single most stupid post i have ever seen in my life...

'sucks'

cmon! at least say like blink 182 suck or the internet sucks... put some effort into these things, ya never know, one day you might look back on that post and think how stupid and naieve you were! (is that spelt ok)

Dani_cx
Motor Mouth
Motor Mouth

Post by Dani_cx » Sat Jun 26, 2004 11:30 pm

Well I heard it rox!
down,set,go

Return to “The Skaters Hangout”