17%
don't know
17%

Total votes: 12

MC_Trilo_G
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by MC_Trilo_G » Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:45 am

well we dont actually travel at a second a time do we... the fractions of time we are constantly moving forward through are infinitely small.

but its all a matter of perception isnt it... if you're a fly a second would seem pretty long. i imagine that to a whale, a second isn't much at all.
somebody has a gun to your head and a second seems like an hour, go out on the p*ss and an hour seems like a second.

knarwadamean?
'Nice one, bruvva!'

Infectedmushroom
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Infectedmushroom » Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:01 pm

You know whats really freaky to me? If time slowed down or sped up we wouldnt actually notice. Maybes time has actually stopped still once or twice then carried on goin for no reason whatsoever. But we wouldnt know because like the sun and our clocks and everything - we are just here and now and cant do anything about it.
I think in order to travel through time we need to leave our universe, and we'll probably find that when we do, and have a look at our universe from a seperate one, we will see that time in our universe is constantly going forwards, backwards, stopping and starting etc.
When the right time comes, jump back in to our universe and HEY PRESTO; time travelledingerthingy.

I just thought of that, but I guess I'll be nialistic and say its a bit like parallel dimensions, so it really wasnt my idea at all.

Still I think that'll keep me up tonight wondering bout the ifs and buts.
Today, I changed my signature.

MC_Trilo_G
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by MC_Trilo_G » Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:07 pm

I don't think we'll (the human race) ever last to see anything that monumental. We might start colonising different planets, but I also think that is unlikely.

We'll all be dead soon, mark my words.
'Nice one, bruvva!'

Infectedmushroom
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Infectedmushroom » Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:28 pm

your not wrong there meladdyo.

Tell u what tho, i wont be. ill be lookin at it from the outside of the universe when i go back home.

(KPAX ANYONE?)

MC_Trilo_G
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by MC_Trilo_G » Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:55 am

believe me i will be the last member of the human race. i have 2 options as i have seen my future.

i might join the jupiter mining corps and get stuck in stasis for 3 million years on a ship called red dwarf, then search around for earth with a senile computer, a hologram, an obsessive android and a creature descended from cats, OR...

i might hitch a lift on a big spaceship and have my journey though space constantly assisted by entries in a guide to the galaxy and a wierd man whose name iv forgotten.

u can watch from your poxy alternate universe. iv heard the food there is crap anyway, and it costs u an arm n a leg for drinks.
'Nice one, bruvva!'

Infectedmushroom
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Infectedmushroom » Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:17 pm

thats my plan ruined then.

brian c
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by brian c » Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:07 pm

Mc----I didn't know you were aqauinted with Ford Prefect and Slartty Bartfast 8)

STUPID YOU ARE.................

BREED YOU SHOULD NOT!

brian c
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by brian c » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:57 pm

Of course there is the parrallel universe idea in that every time something happens there is an opposite result which splits of into a parrallel universe----as when we didm't win the world cup in 1966, england didn't beat s. africa in the tests and nelson didn't win trafalger but henry cooper beat cassius clay and became world heavyweight boxing champ. :D :D :D

BREED YOU SHOULD NOT!

MC_Trilo_G
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by MC_Trilo_G » Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:27 am

wey aye ford prefect has got me out of loads of trouble... well he will do, in the future... like saving me from the world getting blown up.

eeh i better watch that again... arent they makin a new one like a proper film?
'Nice one, bruvva!'

brian c
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by brian c » Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:54 pm

Just have a couple of pan galactic gargleblasters and sit there ogling Trillion :D :D :wink:

BREED YOU SHOULD NOT!

focus
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by focus » Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:37 pm

about this whole paralell universe thing
it sure would explain a lot like why you sometimes make bad choices (so your paralell iuniverse image would make the right choice and vice versa)
so whn everythings all over you and your counterpart will of led exactly opposite lives which is pretty cool
:help:
ever wondered how you get a hole inside a pice of wood when there is no way to get into it to make the hole without putting a hole through the outside of the wood

Infectedmushroom
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Infectedmushroom » Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:39 pm

no choice is the wrong choice. If u hadnt made the choices you had u wouldnt be the same person you are now and that means you wouldnt exist. So stop day dreaming and sort your life out.

focus
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by focus » Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:49 pm

there are problems in my life?????
if i take into concideration what you said then no choice is the wrong choice so therefor my life is perfectly right
or somthing like that
............... huh
ever wondered how you get a hole inside a pice of wood when there is no way to get into it to make the hole without putting a hole through the outside of the wood

brian c
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by brian c » Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:03 pm

but the right choice could be no choice as the fates have already thrown the dice and your whole future is mapped out for you-------so if you were to travel forward in time you could be your own nemises and disappear for ever before youve even arrived. :? :? :?

BREED YOU SHOULD NOT!

Infectedmushroom
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Infectedmushroom » Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:24 pm

Not if THAT had been prepmapped out. Maybes its your destiny to go back through time and do something that actually made you turn out the way u have.

Of course that wouldnt really being travelling through time either, cos it doesnt even exist.

Focus, u never really have a choice, there is no such thing as free will, but realising that gives you false, blind ignorant hope and an attainable target: to live life to the full.

So spend it wasting ur time on sanddancers talking s**t.

brian c
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by brian c » Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:07 pm

I do NOT talk s**t-----I talk reasoned, well thought out academic arguments----the technical term for which is C**P so you even got that wrong-----so there :!: :roll: :roll:

BREED YOU SHOULD NOT!

Infectedmushroom
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Infectedmushroom » Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:51 pm

ah ah aaahh. Now brian take a chill pill and remember there is no right and no wrong only ideas that make you feel good and ideas that make you feel bad. Right now im having an idea which could swing either way. I think ill tell you about it (That wasnt the idea)
this is my idea. (not the telling you bit)

Ive forgotten it. (that was another idea I had when i was distracted by the telling you about my idea in brackets, or sorry, re-enforcing the fact that the bits IN brackets wasnt my original idea which i have just remembered then forgotten again).

well i better get back to doing what im paid to do.

brian c
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by brian c » Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:41 pm

You cant have (ideas in brackets) you either have an idea or you dont----because if it was in brackets you would never be able to implement it as it cant get out :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll:

BREED YOU SHOULD NOT!

Infectedmushroom
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Infectedmushroom » Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:03 pm

of course it can. "in" is just a phrase u use to mean "In between" but that only applies tot he 2 dimensions. Your forgetting about the third dimension.

Ie the light eminating from your monitor is kinda like the depth. And that is the third dimension, the one that reaches your eyes, u see thats how it gets out.

Anyways. wotva. dude.

elmarko
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Location: s/s... home of the 12 year old cider drinkin can a borra 20p chava losers!

Post by elmarko » Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:59 pm

how do we know that if we were able to travel thru time, our actions would screw things up? i cant remember that big word you lot used earlier in the topic, but i sure would like to be the guy to prove it doesnt f**k things up, equilibrium crap or sommik... we aint ever time travelled so how can we say this? i for one would like to see this be somehow possible. dont think it ever will be tho, which is a shame, cos id love to go back and stop myself doing some things ive done in the past.
I should have gone to college and gone into real estate and bought myself an aquarium,thats what I should have done

Return to “Polls”