Fat Mo,s

Meet up with other ex pats
anna
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Fat Mo,s

Post by anna »

Hi to you all... can anyone remeber going to Fat Mo,s. in ocean road. not sure of the date,, [ later changed its name to rupberts] they use to serve coke with lots of ice,,dance on beer barrels,and lots of sofas in dark corners ,,and your feet use to stick to the floors..lol :eusa_dance:
gazza
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by gazza »

well.........my feet yoozed tuh stik tuh thu floor....in thu brunny.......
peepz yoozed tuh think a lived there..........a juzt coodunt moov.........
.......GET-ME-A-RUM-INSTEAD........
kittiwake
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Re: Fat Mo,s

Post by kittiwake »

Yes, smelt really damp and this stuck to your clothes, and really shabby furniture.
Bandana Dave
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Bandana Dave »

Ah Fat Moe's, Pete Edmonds was one of the DJ's, Keith bell used to be on the door, The sofas, the lights, the smell ha ha, it was suposed to be for under 18s but me and the lads from whiteleas used to go there to try and get tapped up (we never did ) ther used to be a advert in the gazette and if you took that along you could get in for nowt (or a bit cheaper) was it open Monday,Wenesday and friday ? i got thrown out one time cos i got caught sneaking in the back door, the manager caught me and dragged me up the stairs, i pushed him and he went flying back down, the bouncers told me i was banned for life Ha Ha ! i was only about 19 or something and i was gutted, i got back in later on though when the bouncers changed,it used to be a snooker hall at one time i believe.
"Shy Kids Get no Sweets"
anna
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by anna »

its changed a lot since them days ,but if you want sticky floors ,Glitterball has them, and if your standing anywhere near the stairs ,you can smell the wee from the mens toilets ...its rank !!! :mrgreen:
anna
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by anna »

welcome to the boards Dave ... :wink:
Bandana Dave
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Bandana Dave »

cheers anna, "Gliterball" the name says it all, ah well nowt stays the same eh, but it's for the young uns now i supose, saying that i've worked and played in some right karzi's over the years (still Do,ha ha) so i supose every generation has its "Fat Moe's" the thing is we tend to look back on them days with a sort of fondness, don't ya think, for all it was boring most of the time, and when we got a bit older and started going to the Ranch house, chealsea cat, and what about the "Kismet" eh ,now were talking, down to the "Sha" for a curry, anyone remember Stiano's cafe in frederick street, used to spend some time in there, or minchella's next to Whigs shop in ocean road, or what about Saviles music shop in kepple street, what was the club next door called ? it's all coming back to me now ha ha ! what about the "White Elephant shop" haway help us oot !
"Shy Kids Get no Sweets"
anna
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by anna »

:lol: :lol: your on a roll ...
Kismet still there ,but called something else now i think...
Lastrada gone,knocked it down.The Ranch [now your showing your age :D ]
Im not sure where you live ,but shields has changed a lot...oh !! and the shoreline has gone too... :P :wink:
margy
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by margy »

Anna, the Kismet is not there now...pulled all that block down.
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•
anna
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by anna »

:lol: :lol: well hell , can you tell i dont get out much ....
Thanks Margy, :wink:
Bandana Dave
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Bandana Dave »

Its a few years since i've been back to shields, (my Dad and my three Brothers still live there) last time i came up i got lost, ha ha , I live in Selby now, near York,

Now i will admit to going to the Ranch house once or twice, and at a push even the Kismet, but i have never ever been down to the "Shoreline" club,now i dont know it might have been o.k. but i always thought it was for reasons other than the wonderfull romantic views across the sands, and hand in hand strolls along a moonlit beach, that people went there, ehh me and my sheltered life eh !!, there was another place across the river that had a similar type of reputation, "The Jungle" they recon that was a wonderfull place to go to soak up culture and whitty repartee, NOT !! ha ha , is Whitelease still there or have they pulled that down as well !
"Shy Kids Get no Sweets"
anna
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by anna »

:D Whitleas is still there ,,if you take a look at the sandancers Gallery you will see lots of photos there ,,and pop in the old codgers room ,they got lots of pics and stuff in there too .. :wink:
Pilot
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Pilot »

The ranchouse with squaws and braves on the toilet doors :D :D :D Mind you it was a modern club in my day.
I voted leave

anna
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by anna »

it was well named ..a fight every ten minutes ,and bodys getting chucked out the door ... :D
Pilot
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Pilot »

I thought you would be too young to remember it ANNA :D :D :D
I voted leave

anna
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by anna »

i wasnt there ,,,,,i just got told .. :D
Pilot
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Pilot »

Thought so :D :D :D
I voted leave

Bandana Dave
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Bandana Dave »

Like They say : "Ya can take the man out of Shields, but ya can't take Shields out of the Man" i've lived down here for 17 years or so and people say "you havn't lost your Accent" , i just say "I've never found a better one" :lol:
"Shy Kids Get no Sweets"
anna
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by anna »

do they talk much diffrent down there like ?
i bet people have said your scotish .... :shock: ive been asked if i was scottish or not ,when i was working away,cheeky sods..
ive even been as if i was a mackum, :shock: we sound nowt like them .... #-o
Bandana Dave
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Bandana Dave »

I've been called WELSH ! WELSH !! Selby people have a sort of posh none descript yorkshire accent, nowt like Barnsley or Bradford, Being a Sanddancer has only done me good down here, The Girls love it ha ha , "I love your Accent" heard it a million times, theres a few geordie lads down here but not many geordie lasses, its funny but you don't notice your own accent but whenever i hear a geordie lass talking it's like Music to me, my mates always know when i've been talking to other geordies, cos i start talking faster, Bless Them,
"Shy Kids Get no Sweets"