Geordies in Adelaide

Meet up with other ex pats
Geordie Jean
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Geordies in Adelaide

Post by Geordie Jean »

Are there any geordies from South Shields from the 50s era or who went to Dean Road School, living in Adelaide.
South Shields Lady living in Ozzie would like to hear from Dean Road Pupils, and friends of the 50s era
baldy.smith

Post by baldy.smith »

Hi Jean, welcome to the boards. There are one or two of us who go back to the fifties and earlier and we reside in various places. I am still living in the UK and I left Mortimer Road School in the early fifties. We used to go to Dean Road School at the end of the war for our school dinners as it was closed then and several schools used it as a meals center.
Geordie Jean
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Thanks for the Warm Welcome

Post by Geordie Jean »

Thank you for replying. I left Dean Road School in 1956 and went to the South Shields Marine & Technical College after that. Would you believe I used to serve dinners while I was there. Always took some flack as the saying goes when serving the gravy hehehehhe. Have a great day.
South Shields Lady living in Ozzie would like to hear from Dean Road Pupils, and friends of the 50s era
baldy.smith

Post by baldy.smith »

Aah gravy, one lump or two. I had two friends at the marine and tech around that time; they were training to be ships radio officers. Keith Plumridge and Paul Wynter, both from the south of the country. As it happens Keith finished up working on ships around the coast in Australia the last time I was in touch with him some years ago. I think he is back in the UK living in Portsmouth.
Geordie Jean
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Marine & Technical College

Post by Geordie Jean »

Cant recall the names as I was in the old St John's Building on Beach Road which became the Marine & Technical. The seafaring part at that time was still at Ocean Road, which I believe is Kilpatricks. A bit of trivia for you is that a lot of Australians think the John Kilpatrick Simpson was an aussie LOL I recall his relatives living at the bottom of Bertram and corner of H.S. Edwards St. Have a great day and watch the gravy hehehe.
gtirbri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by gtirbri »

a good familly friend of ours moved to adelade, Jeana heron probs spealt that wrong