Old school friends from Mortimer Road

Meet up with other ex pats
Mike
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Old school friends from Mortimer Road

Post by Mike »

Hi hinnies,

I went to Mortimer Road School from Jan. 1950 to Dec. 1959 and have spent most of the last 41 years overseas. Currently I have been living in Kuwait since July 1995. I would like to make contact with some old school fiends if anybody can help. The ladies names below are maiden names.

Miora Aynsley
Rhona Foster

Billy Smith (formerly of Mitchel Gardens)
Michael Wallace (formerly of Highfiled Road or Drive)

and anybody else from the same class whose names I have now forgotten (its ahd age yu nah)

I would appreciate any help

Thanks

Mike Majer
gazza
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by gazza »

LUK MAN...................A`HM NAY HINNY...............
A`HM NOTTA FARKIN HORSE AN`ALL.................
NAR MAN...............AV NIVVA HAWD OV YUH............
.......GET-ME-A-RUM-INSTEAD........
memor
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Location: Retired under a big umbrela in the sun with a glass of champagne

Post by memor »

Hey Gazza. This important site for people looking for people.
If you got nothing to intelligent to say( All the time)
Dont say anything at all.

Mike I hope you find who your looking for.
Although I went to Morty Road school and I wouldn't want to meet anyone I went to school with.
Memor
Globalmyths
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: Old school friends from Mortimer Road

Post by Globalmyths »

Cant be very important site memor or not given ennough publicity as nobody has posted here in nearly three years.
How was a totally inorganic world able to create organic life? Answer it couldn't and didn't
AlanRossiter
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by AlanRossiter »

Hi Mike,
I remember you you were in my class. I went to Morty school 1950-1960 and have been trying to catch up with some of my classmates from that time. I hated that bloody school. The teachers were a bunch of sadistic pricks mostly and recall the fear they put into us with their "teaching" methods. I think that some of them must have taken out their war experiences on us at the time.

On the teachers I can remember Sniffer Morton, He was a weird ,Mr Anderson, Mr Johnson they were OK. Mr Bragg was a real b*****d then their was Mr Cousins, I think he committed suicide, like young girls! Then there was the guy who took us for PT and Science, I cannot remember his name. He had two Gym shoes he used to whack us with. He chalked their names on the sole. Susie and Betsy. You got the choice, then he took a run up and whacked your arse so hard it felt like your bowel would drop out.

Geodie Wyatt the metal teacher was a loony bug*er he had an old grey car which was always breaking down and asked us to give him a puch. The woodwork teacher Mr Bonham I think was a sadistic bug*er also. I remember us standing in like in the yard with our white aprons on waiting to go up to
his class.

I can remember some of the guys in the class. Keith Douglas, Ronnie Clarke, Barry Ray (the football star) Ronnie Shewan, Michael Wallace, Smiggy - Billy Smith. Dennis Wilson, Geordie Elmy who had an epic fight with Michael Wallace in the yard. a few of the others I can't right now. The girls names I don't remember much.

Goof to see you're post. I thought everyone must have snuffed it. I am living in Perth Australia, left the UK in 1979. Been back to Shields a couple of times but don't recognise much it's changed a lot.

Cheers

Alan Rossiter

I
memor
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Location: Retired under a big umbrela in the sun with a glass of champagne

Post by memor »

I agree with you about the sadistic teachers. It's always been my theory that most of them were ex SS and should have been tried at Nuremberg. The Science PE Teacher was called Galloway...
Not sure if he was around when you were there but there was a Maths teacher called Smith. Hung himself in a Bail Hostel for having s*x with eight year old girls. Seems to be the standard of teachers at the time. I was at Morty from 1957 till 1968. Sniffer Morton gave me the cane for having bad handwriting. When I left I told him I'd got a job in London with the Board of Trade. He said. "But you can't have your handwriting is terrible." to which I replied "They want me for my brains not my handwriting." he nearly sniffed himself off his chair. b*****d that he was.

All the best Alan
I always value Pilots wit and input