strange school

jack
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

strange school

Post by jack »

I was at this school 73-74 I was only there for a year because I only lived in South Shields for a year, I remember two schools had just merged and there was a park in between the two buildings, I seem to remember we had to spend our break times walking through the park between the buildings, they were real dumps, then one of them got burnt down. I hated it and was glad to leave, I left school just after it got burned down and we moved back to Cornwall. I've often wondered who started the fire though, I've always assumed it was kids at the school
jimmywizz
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by jimmywizz »

hi jack i was at the school the same time as you, the two schools that joined together to form west park school were stanhope road school and dean road school which was a s**t hole, best day of my life when it burnt down as i hated the rat hole from the 1st day i set foot in it
jack
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

can't remember much about the school

Post by jack »

hi mate, I can't remember much about my year at the school, I think I've blocked the experience from my mind, all I know is that I would hate to have gone to borstal if it was worse than this. I made no proper mates and the other kids took the p out of me because of my accent. As you know this was over 30 years ago and I still get a cold chill up my back when I think about it. I've lived in London for the past 28 years and sometimes drive up to Edinburgh maybe I'll stop off at South Shields one of these days and take a look around
Good site by the way
Babooshka

Post by Babooshka »

Bloody Nora I'm gutted people have such a bad memory of the school I loved.. despite getting repeated canings and the leather strap from Mr Moon in his science lab..freakin' perv :D

I know it was a bit rough looking back, but seriously I was gutted when I left - we used to have some damn good laughs at that school despite everything...like 'Killer Crowell,' the RE teacher Mr Budge and dear Mr Hendrikse among many other good teachers.. most of them done their best for us I think... Ooohhhhh and school dinners..YUM YUM :shock:
al_al600
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

memories

Post by al_al600 »

I recently visited South Shields after being away for 30 years and couldn't believe the changes, my visit brought back alot of childhood memories some good and some not so good but I didn't have any good memories about school both those schools were dumps and I couldn't wait to get away from them, I hated them and the teachers, burning down and demolition was too good for them they should have been ceremoniously blown up and blasted off the face of the earth, but it was good to look around Shields especially along the seafront and I enjoyed my stay at the Little Haven Hotel
denise
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Re: strange school

Post by denise »

I cried when I had to leave Stanhope School, I thoroughly enjoyed my school days. I can still name over 50 people from my year and 15 teachers, it will be 35 years since I left next year!!
jackxxx
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by jackxxx »

i couldn't get away quick enough i detested the place i was pleased it got burnt down
champion.
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by champion. »

jackxxx wrote:i couldn't get away quick enough i detested the place i was pleased it got burnt down
You were'nt a teacher by any chance were you.. :lol: :wink:
My mate reckons he's going to a convention for retired shoe repairers today.
Load of old cobblers if you ask me.