westoe county sec boys

jim haynes
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

westoe county sec boys

Post by jim haynes »

Hi I left westoe in the summer of 1964, sorry I have no photo,s but would love to hear from anyone that I might know
jim haynes
Phil
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by Phil »

Hi, i left in 65.
Me and my twin sister (Philip and Jauqueline) went to Westoe for a short
while, then got dragged back to sweden.Saw some old pics from John Clay
street where we used to live behind the taxishop.

Phil.
styx1949
Motor Mouth
Motor Mouth

Re: westoe county sec boys

Post by styx1949 »

jim haynes wrote:Hi I left westoe in the summer of 1964, sorry I have no photo,s but would love to hear from anyone that I might know
jim haynes
hiya jimmy, i,m andy race, remember you well
thedon57
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by thedon57 »

ih left in 72 nickname tal, :P friends like billy buzzard,alan downey and paul cambell.teachers mr clouston,pop holiday,shipley,spen and more.my older brother wayne also went to westoe. =D>
martymont
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by martymont »

I left in 72 the same time Harty, Phil Adie, other teachers were Slacky history, Chad (Robe) harry Roberts.Whimshurst PE
martymont
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by martymont »

Were you at Westoe when we took part in a sit down protest at the cane being used. Metalwork teacher was Gardener who had had a crappy little car (LTN something) we nicknamed it Little Tommys Nack
Ronniesbairn
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by Ronniesbairn »

Hi everyone...I went to Westoe Girls and left in 1970 to have a baby.This was a shocking occurance in those days...anyway my uncle was the notorius Spen...Mr Mullin...and I got a lot of aggro because of that!
I just wanted to say that I loved being at Westoe and still am in touch with many of my schoolfriends.My favourite teachers were Miss Tunney...Mr Ruffle,Mr Huntley,Mrs Henderson and our lovely Headmistress Mrs Keir.
When I found out I was pregnant I was shocked at how the teachers rallied around me.Mrs Keir arranged private lessons for me as I was doing my GCE`s at the time.I visited both her home and that of Miss Tunney for endless cups of tea and plates of biscuits and lots of chat.Unfortunately I wasn`t allowed to keep my daughter who was given up for adoption shortly after her birth.All these years later I can announce that she found me and is married,has 3 children and lives in Yorkshire.I know many of you lads knew her Dad but I wouldn`t embaress him or his family by printing his name.Yes he was at Westoe and many of you lads will remember the door beneath the stairs of the Girls school that led to the Boys!!!
I want to say hello to everyone who may remember me...Christine Sales....and hope that you are all living your dream!
suewhite

Post by suewhite »

left boys school in 1974 and we all knew the notorious teachers!!!! some good some awful but it did teach you one thing and that was respect to some extent--m,aybe some of the kids now need to learn that ebven though we hated that regime at the time they were still happy days mind canny footy and cricket teams
F150
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by F150 »

Dont make me laugh sue aka davy ord you were good at nothing at school ,a poor referee ,once a numpty always a numpty. :D
memiller3
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by memiller3 »

I am Michael Miller and left Westoe Secondary in 1956.My lasting memory of teachers are "Spivvey Gordon" who through his brilliant teaching give me my life long interest in History,a man called Shipley who gallantly tried to imbue in me, but failed totally, a smattering of the French language and a sadist of a teacher called Buckland who in todays world would have long ago been jailed for the physical abuse of pupils in his care.Finally one must not forget the Headmaster at the time a Mr A A Hall.I still have in my possession the typed, but signed by him , reference of myself. A gentleman indeed of the old school
bill johnson
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by bill johnson »

Hello again bill johnson used to pal around with Rodger Ashton who joined the army when he left school but was killed while serving Ireland
bill johnson
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by bill johnson »

jim haynes wrote:Hi I left westoe in the summer of 1964, sorry I have no photo,s but would love to hear from anyone that I might know
jim haynes
hello bill johnson known as waxy at school left summer 64
bluey1510
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by bluey1510 »

hi,im freda young.left westoe in 74.
theres a page on fb,lots of westoe pupils,they have just had a reunion but sadly i couldnt go.
my brothers went to westoe,jeff and rob frazer.they were good friends of jimmy buzzard,RIP,such a sadlife he had,
hope to see some of you on fb,freda,x
Brian Ridge

Post by Brian Ridge »

Re Jim Haynes post
Me too, I left westoe school for boys in 71 (class 4g) as I'd already gained an apprenticeship.
I've bumped into a few lads I used to go to school with (I met Sid Cormack in Amsterdam airport and again in Baku Azerbaijan a few years after that) but have heard little of anyone else. Is there anyone out there with any class pics?
All the best
Brian
Ken T
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by Ken T »

I remember being at Westoe around that time..teachers I recall were Pop Robson who was really strict but he helped me to understand Maths and Mr Mullen who took us for swimming lessons and seemed to enjoy hitting kids with the cane!One mate in my class was called Ken Rankin. My younger brother Trevor came to the school 3 years after me when I was in my last year there. He had a mate called Allen Abduli who was a bit of a scrapper. I went on to South Shields Marine and Tech College from there and moved down south with my family in 1968. If anyone remembers me I'd love to catch up with them. Thanks. Ken Thompson.