No St Annes School anymore

Sandy
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

No St Annes School anymore

Post by Sandy »

All you ex-pupils of St Annes out there.....the ones who are no longer in the town.....do you realise your old school has been razed to the ground and luxury homes are being built there? It was a sorry sight when I saw it had gone. Never did get a photo. It's a shame the old building could not have been restored and coverted into apartments.
Sandy
Charlie_Stuck
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by Charlie_Stuck »

Hello,
My name is Charlotte Stück, I was a member of St. Annes' from 1997-2001, when it closed. It was so sad to see it go, everyone was so devastated, actually some of the parents decided to buy it as they didn't want to see it be knocked down, but it was already sold. Most of the pupils and teachers got transferred to Grindon Hall Christian School in Sunderland, I am still in contact with many of them. Did you know that they occasionally have St. Anne's reunions? I have been to one. Was Mrs Cracknell the headmistress when you were there? So what was it like when you were there, are you in contact with many people? I am not sure if you will even receive this since it has been so long since you posted that message. [/u]