Anyone remember Janet Elsy?

Sandy
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Anyone remember Janet Elsy?

Post by Sandy »

Anyone remember Janet Elsy or even know what happened to her? Totally lost touch and often think about her.

Sandy
mnewman
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Janet Elsey

Post by mnewman »

Yes I remember Janet very well. I was at the school around 1965/6 and was Head Girl when I left to earn an honest crust. Lost track of everyone though. Thought I was the only one still alive from that blast from the past. My name at the time was Marilyn Mills - canyou remember me???
Sandy
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Sandy »

Hi Marilyn!! Yes, I remember you very well. And Sandra a bit more vaguely. In fact, I've mentioned you both in a Latino/Tavern topic SOMEWHERE on here!! I think I've mentioned The Ferry Tavern as well....somewhere. Well, well......I made this post well over a year ago so, it just shows you, it's never too late. Yes, you're right, it's a blast from the past and you're the first person I've made contact with from St. Annes.

So you don't know what happened to Janet Elsy? She was great to be at school with. Always up to something. I remember once, she set fire to the coal scuttle in Form 4. Coal scuttles? That shows my age. I was there from 1963-67!!!!!! You must have been Head Girl after I left. Everyone knows me as Sandy on here and I prefer that!! So I'll send you a Personal Message later, when I get back from work.
Sandy
memor
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Location: Retired under a big umbrela in the sun with a glass of champagne

Post by memor »

Errrrrrr I tremble at knees.

I knew Marylyn Mills. Dribble bribble drool.

Please pass on my kindest regards and tell her that Snooky Poo remembers her diddly bits.
I always value Pilots wit and input
baldy.smith

Post by baldy.smith »

Did Janet Elsy have an older sister called Maisie. I knew a Maisie Elsy who lived in Lake Avenue?
Sandy
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Sandy »

No, baldy. No older sister called Maisie. But Elsy is not really a common name is it? So they could be related somewhere. Janet Elsy's father was the Elsy in Elsy & Gibbons.

memor.....just another person we both knew!!!!!!!!.....and another that you "admired"..........
Sandy
janetelsy
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Re: Anyone remember Janet Elsy?

Post by janetelsy »

Well here I am.......Janet R. Elsy a little birdie told me that I had set fire to a coal bucket (Bouquet!) what a small world - 60 in September tell me where the years have gone! Worn well and still have a razer sharp sense of humour!! St. Annes school happy days. One of 4 children elder brother David 62 (USA) then moi followed by younger sister Barbara 56 (Leeds) and younger brother Richard (Dick) 52. Living in South Shields love the place..... we really should have a reunion at the crabshack? So where is everyone?????? much love Janet
Sandy
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Sandy »

WOW.......hello Janet!!!!!! I haven't written on these boards for a few years actually....sorry to say.....but they always send me an email prompt when one of my 'watched topics' gets a reply. Hence yours today and it enticed me back. Although I do visit the boards from time to time. I'm known as Sandy on here. Wonder if you can guess who I am????? AND......DO you remember setting the coal scuttle on fire? I also remember your house almost burning down due to an electric blanket. Do you remember that?? Great to hear from you!!!!!!!!!
Sandy
memor
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by memor »

Sandy what happened to you ? You just stopped coming on here. Sadly miss our chats

Are you still in Guildford?
AD
memor
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by memor »

Message for you Sandy
bluebird55
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Re:

Post by bluebird55 »

baldy.smith wrote:Did Janet Elsy have an older sister called Maisie. I knew a Maisie Elsy who lived in Lake Avenue?
Hi there, Maisie is my cousin she used to live in Lake Avenue and her brother is Arthur Elsy - Maisie now lives in Boldon and Arthur lives in Seaburn. Small world.

I am related to Elsy and Gibbons along the line.

John