Gone

Rattler
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Gone

Post by Rattler »

On my last visit to Shields i noted with some sadness the Redwell site is now houses.
Anybody living in one of these houses who used to attend Redwell????
Absence doe's not make the heart grow FONDER
Margaret Elsy
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by Margaret Elsy »

:P

Sad about the houses being on Redwell site - but just think how we would have felt if those houses would have appeared at exam time and we could have been away from school - it would have been great.

However, having said that, I do have fond memories of that school - it was such a light and airy place (well I seem to remember that) and they were days when you could leave your coat hanging up without getting it nicked - . Never mind, nothing stays the same
Paul
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Redwell school inhabitants

Post by Paul »

Hi there,
I live on the Redwell school site, off Valley lane where the boys entrance was(the ramp entrance from the road is still there). The front wall is mostly the original as is some of the rear grey stone wall which separated the playing fields from cleadon hills. This is where the casualties started to occur when being thrashed round the cross-country course hounded by Mr. Wearmouth. When we first bought the house(plot), I asked the Bellways agent if the floor would swell up every winter but she assured me everything had been put right(floating rafts etc.). We've been in here eight years now and everything seems ok. Well, at least you know now, if you want a bit of Redwell school for a keepsake you can always bring a hammer and chisel for some Redwell School Ramp Entrance. Take care, Paul J.
sue
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by sue »

hiya all i'm new so bare with me will ya didunt na a south shields chatroom excisted its good i used to go to redwell school for 2 yrs then went to cleadon park wat a prison that was brick walls :roll: i left redwell to get away from a certain teacher and you know wat she followed me too cleadon park :shock: lol i cant remember her name either must be old age setting in hehehehe
life is to short so enjoy it
lynn
Motor Mouth
Motor Mouth

gone

Post by lynn »

hi i went to redwell school was sad when they knocked it down, nice houses on site thou. i left in 77 ish was teacher mr french" cant remember many others must be old age, :lol: anyone no karen wardle (b4 married)
karen fairbrother??
Paul
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by Paul »

I remember Karen Wardle, but Karen Fairweather was somebody else, not the same person, they were both in my class you see and the only gobby Lynn I used to remember was gobby Lynn Newton. Is it you?
lynn
Motor Mouth
Motor Mouth

gone but not forgotten

Post by lynn »

hi paul i resent the gobby part :shock: :) so wat was your other name ?? old age makes me forgetful.......wat u up to these days, do you see any one else from school