1966 to 1970

Cannylad
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

1966 to 1970

Post by Cannylad »

I attended Redwell during this period, and I do have some vivid memories of my time there, but generally, my more pleasant memories were away (truanting).
I would be interested in other views of the old school of the time. The Cross Country Runs, Mr Sharp's French lessons and the lass we called "Frenchy". It had its good points and the teachers did try to impart and instill their knowledge. I was a lost cause. I live in Australia now, and have done since 1973, and can state with some certainty that I am a Geordie Aussie. I love my life in the land of Oz, but I am thankful for the Geordie anchor. The best of both worlds. Now that I reflect upon it I had a lot of fun times at Redwell.......especially on the Cross Country excursions hiding in the Dolls House then arriving back ahead of the pack. I saw the latest Great North Run on-line yesterday and Redwell is now a housing estate. The leas look great still. Shields is still gannin' canny. All the very best to all ex-Redwellites. Keith Thompson