Hello To All !!!!!!!!!!!

gag
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Hello To All !!!!!!!!!!!

Post by gag »

New member here so, hello to All on the Board ! I left Redwell in 1967, (If my memory serves me right !). Names I can remember from my years at Redwell are Brian Carr, Alan Wearmouth, (later to teach at Redwell), Gary Young, Alan Metcalfe, Jim Anderson, John Mitchison, Norman Mohammed, Brian Baker, Barry Johnson, Ken Dawes, Phil Moses, Bob Teasdale, Norman Johnson and Brian Potts. As for the Ladies, I remember Anna Wraith, Susan Knox, Joan Binks, Audrey Parker, Carol Brown, Liz Pearson, June Deanes, Alison Richie and Joyce Easter. If I have missed anyone off, please accept my apologies !. Teachers I can recall are Peter Hamilton, Ginger Roberts, Mr. Wardle, Mr. Bailey and the other Mr. Bailey, Mr. Westall, Bill Parker, Ian Reid, Mrs. Rothney, Mrs. Anderson, Mrs. Williams. Mrs. Murray, Mrs. Stewart, Stan Bowie, Derek Sharpe, Mr. Johnson and Mr. Aitchison. If anyone sees their name here, please reply.

All the very best,

gag :D
Jake
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Jake »

Hi gag,
I left Redwell the year before you, and I remember most of the names, especially Joan Binks and Susan Knox,
My best mate was Martin Boyack and we stayed friends for a lot of years after school, until I left Shields for a few years.
Cisco
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Cisco »

I remember Susan Knox, good looking girl, did'nt she marry a lad called Sid Ball.

Cisco
gag
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by gag »

Hello Cisco and Jake.
I knew Martin Boyack by sight. I remember that his Dad, Peter, used to get in the Cleadon Club years ago. I think Susan Knox married a lad called Jones. He went to Redwell but I cannot think of his first name. She always reminded me of Sandie Shaw !

Cheers.
gag.
Cisco
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Cisco »

You are right Gag, she did marry somebody called Jones he was a fat lad, and I'm the same can't think of his first name but it will come to me.
I see the Sandy Shaw connection with her long black hair.
It must be over 40 years since I seen her.

Cisco
Cisco
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Cisco »

The lad called Jones, I'm sure his name was Ken.
I used to know him to talk to in them days.

Cisco
gag
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Well Done Mate !

Post by gag »

Spot on Cisco mate. I have been trying to think of his name all weekend ! I wonder what happened to them ? are they still together ? You are probably right about her hair mate as she did use to wear it Sandie Shaw style.

Cheers.
gag
Jarrow Pete
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Jarrow Pete »

Ken Jones lived in Lizard Lane and married Susan Knox, in 1973 they lived in Green Lane. We bought a pram off them then as they were emigrating to Australia,have just confirmed this with the wife and she thinks they split up out there.
The teacher called Bowie married one of the Tate girls and he was living in Jarrow when he died a few years ago. Another teacher from Redwell was JAB,Mr Bruce, he was only little and I once refused the cane off him and he threatned to take me to see Aitchison the headmaster when I was in my last year. I told him I only had a couple of months to do and if he took me I would sort him out when I left,he never did take me. When I left Redwell I used to follow Sunderland and got to know him well through meeting him at matches, he turned out all right in the end.
Jarrow Pete
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Jarrow Pete »

Norman Mohammad died of a d*ug overdose a few years ago. Still see Anna Wraith, she went out with Aidie Kerkoff for many years and then married a policeman. Joyce Easter was at the last sandancers meeting as a guest, sat talking to her for half an hour before I twigged on who she was, I told her where I used to live and she asked did I know a Jean Anderson who lived up there I told her I slept with her every night as I had married her 34 years ago. Joyce had just seperated and told me she is still living in Prince Edward Road and she was desperate for a man, so she has not changed. I am sure her picture is on Curlys boards with the pics of the meeting.
anna
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by anna »

Hello gag.. :D hope you enjoy the site..
Cisco
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Cisco »

Norman Mohammed was well known for d*ugs, so it was'nt surprising when he died, he always wore a long leather coat.

I remember Joyce Easter Pete, and if I remember rightly her mother was also a good looking woman, Joyce use to go out with a lad who had a motor bike, don't know if it's the one she married.

I knew Susan Knox quite well and as I said in a earlier post was a good looking girl, did'nt know they had emigrated.

JAB Bruce's wife was one of our teachers and when you acted yourself she would send you to JABs woodwork class where he would belt you and send you back.

The Tate girls, one was my age and the older one married Bowie, they lived on the corner house in Lake Ave just before you got to the school gate on the left handside.
Jarrow Pete
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Jarrow Pete »

Cisco wrote:remember Joyce Easter Pete, and if I remember rightly her mother was also a good looking woman, Joyce use to go out with a lad who had a motor bike, don't know if it's the one she married.

The Tate girls, one was my age and the older one married Bowie, they lived on the corner house in Lake Ave just before you got to the school gate on the left handside.
Joyce told me she had been married for 30 odd years and she has a daughter, they called her husband Eddie. She is still living on Prince Edward Road next door to Sextons house.

Knew old Andy Tate from the Lake I think he had 3 daughters, one of them Andrea married Derek Elliot.
Cisco
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Cisco »

The Sextons lived right on the cut leading in to Lake Ave, the house next door to them I remember they had a big bird cage in the window, I think it was a parakeet.

I don't think the Sextons live there now as the mam and dad split up years ago, the mam died last year she had a bungalow in Bamburgh Ave.
I knew Terry and Paul, Paul has the barber shop opposite what use to be the Albermarle pub off the bottom off Fowler St.
I've never seen either of them for years.

I've been looking at the photos of the last sanddancers meeting pete which one is Joyce Easter?
Jarrow Pete
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Jarrow Pete »

Cisco, Joyce is on the end of the first picture,Margeys friend.
Saw Terry Sexton about 18 months ago in the Red Hut he is seperated from Carol his wife and is living in Mowbury Road near the New Crown.

Gag the Brian Potts you mention did he live in Lake Avenue and emigrate to South Africa with his parents. I used to play darts with Walter Potts and I can remember both his sons were killed out there.
Jarrow Pete
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Jarrow Pete »

Just confirmed it with the wife. Brian Potts was the son of Walter and Maureen Potts and it was Australia they emigrated to, one of the sons was killed in an accident in the army out there, the other one was drowned, then Walter died suddenly and Maureen came home wiyh their youngest son. Walter was the older brother of Sandra Potts.
Cisco
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Cisco »

I ues to know Sandra Potts very well Pete, she lived in the corner house along from Kevin Walker.

Quote ''Knew old Andy Tate from the Lake I think he had 3 daughters, one of them Andrea married Derek Elliot''

The Derek Elliot you mention there Pete, That would'nt have been Infa Elliot would it?
baldy.smith

Post by baldy.smith »

Dek Elliot lived across the road from Redwell school. on Prince Edward Road. He is on the photo I have in the members gallery of the lads drinking in a pub.
He has a brother. Billy Elliot who is on the other photo with me at Marsden beach, Bill was a PT instructor during his national service, which was the time when that photo was taken. One of the Tate lasses used to follow him all over. I think he eventually married her, she was a real good looker.

8)
Cisco
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Cisco »

The Derek Elliot I'm talking about Baldy lived at the Hill, he was better known as Infa, he was a real charactor, still is.
baldy.smith

Post by baldy.smith »

I think I slipped up with the name of the lass who followed Billy Elliot all over, I think her name was Sloane and she lived in Lake Avenue, facing Farding Square very close the the Lake pub. You would be able to see The Lake from their front window.

8)
Cisco
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Cisco »

If it's the Sloane I'm thinking of Baldy, the dad and his son use to get in the lake During the week the dad would come over in his bedroom slippers.
Father and son were both called Ralph.