empty school

jimmywizz
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

empty school

Post by jimmywizz »

so no one went to mowbray school then ? where are you all ? too busy on friends reunited kissing each others butts i guess
Normski
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by Normski »

Nah, a lot of us went there, but over the years drifted apart from each other as you do.

Born '57 so I would have went to Mowbray about 64-68-ish. I remember in my last year there being in the prefab type classroom by where they served school dinners
Take Care,

Normski
jack2133
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Mowbray Junior School

Post by jack2133 »

I heard it had gone from one of my fellow pupils of the time which was during WW2.The headmaster was Mr Edgar and there was a terrifying teacher called Miss Cowell.We were more scared of her than Adolfs bombs! It was closed for about 6 months because it was too dangerous to attend.My mother arranged for my education to be continued in a private house about 100 yds from the school...I think she was trying to tell me something! She now lives in Cleadon Village still full of Hell at 93! The whole clan lived in Mowbray Road for years.My paternal grandparents lived at 92, we lived at 94 and later 146-at one time in a flat over "Mattie Cleghorn"s shop.Auntie Gladys and Uncle Ralph at 104.Maternal grandparents at 106,Auntie Cathy and Uncle Dodds at 100,Auntie Ethel and Uncle Billy at 139 and so on.All were trawlermen or seafarers of one sort or another and some worked at Reyrolles or Smiths Dock. The school was part of that community.