Telegraph Pub Jarrow

Leave your remarks about life in South Shields / South Tyneside

Moderator: andysfootball

rainbow
Head Doer
Head Doer

Telegraph Pub Jarrow

Post by rainbow »

Hi Everyone....can you point me in the right direction to possibly find an old photo/or postcard of the Telegraph Pub , it was on High Street Jarrow. I have been doing my family tree, and it seems that some of my distant relations worked at the pub. special thank you to all who can help, cheers Rainbow
rainbow
Head Doer
Head Doer

Post by rainbow »

Hi everyone....had a thought today that the Telegraph pub may have changed its name over the years....if anyone can help with advice how we can find out more details, please post a reply...cheers Rainbow
rainbow
Head Doer
Head Doer

Re: Telegraph Pub Jarrow

Post by rainbow »

2009 and still seeking a postcard or photo showing the Telegraph Pub/Hotel that was on High Street in Jarrow. While my family research is going great, I am still seeking that one photo. I keep buying books that show old Tyneside photos, wishing that one day a picture or postcard will turn up......aahh!! And friends who go to craft fairs and the like are also searching for me. So fingers crossed if anyone on site has any ideas that will help my search, please post a reply......cheers Rainbow
comeonthen
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by comeonthen »

go to norman dun website and paul perry website they have thousands of photos from Jarrow and Hebburn Paul Perry is you best bet.
comeonthen
baldy.smith

Post by baldy.smith »

Visit this site

www.normandunn247.com

8)
anna
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by anna »

I browsed thru that site last night,and a few others , and i never found anything about the telegraph pub,i changed it to the telegraph inn,but still nothing .you didnt mention a date Rainbow ..? it might help in the search ...
i love browseing them sites ..i will keep my eyes open . :wink:
baldy.smith

Post by baldy.smith »

It was called "The Telegraph Hotel" Beerhouse, High Street, Jarrow,

8)
anna
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by anna »

maybe thats why i didnt see it ,,but then again ,i didnt see anything ,,with the words Telegraph.
rainbow
Head Doer
Head Doer

Post by rainbow »

Thanks for all your posts, and for mentioning those other sites. I dont have a date other than 1900s or prior. I keep wondering if when I was younger I ever past the place, aaahh!! :)

As a teenager I used to take photos of family and friends...wish I had taken some of High Street in Jarrow, I may have just, without realising got the pub in the background.....aahh!! if only.
But I will just keep looking, funny enough friends who went to Yorkshire a few years ago, came back with old postcards of Shields and Gateshead ( bought from church fayres) So I live in hope.....lol....maybe by the time I retire....lol So thanks again, cheers Rainbow :)
eddieg
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by eddieg »

There's a picture of the Telegraph in the Robin Hood at Jarrow, fromthe paul perry collection so He'll be your best bet.