Bulgarians

Leave your remarks about life in South Shields / South Tyneside

Moderator: andysfootball

allan
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Bulgarians

Post by allan »

I would just like to wish the latest asylum seekers, the best of luck finding work. (In their own country)
We have a builder, that has never laid a brick, an electrician with no fingers and a Roofer with only one leg. What a great insight to the future. Not to worry EH. I am sure they have been rejected.>>>>> 8)
sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri »

The only way that asylum seekers are going to be able to fit into our society is if they can get jobs, otherwise they will be marginalised and dependent on welfare, and probably a bit aggro with the system and eventually that would cause trouble.
But all the same, they have to be able to do the job. I would say that the builder might eventually be okay-he could train in brick laying. But I don't hold out a lot of hope for the other two in their career choices.
At our school at the moment we have a student teacher on a teaching experience round. She is a muslim girl, a refugee who arrived here at 17 with no English. She is now about 22 and in her third year training, -another year to go but with only a few weeks of practical experience ahead next year. The problem is this girl cannot speak English all that well and she sure can't spell it. Don't get me wrong-she is doing marvellously in English considering her short time here, but: She doesn't even know the curriculum guidelines-the most basic prerequisite I would have thought. She cannot spell-even simple words such as happy. Any correction she did had to be re corrected by the class teacher.She isn't confident to take writing lessons, asked to dip out. She is not keen to do any extra training in classes or reading in her own time to catch up. Seems disinterested in the class and teaching.
So... her report this round said she was 'at risk'. The result? The class teacher was told by the Uni that she w3as not being 'culturally sensitive".
What a load of crap that is.
Refugees who have settled in a country should be able to go for any job they like but they should have to fit the same criteria as anyone else, surely.
It now looks like one of our teachers is going to be charged with racial discrimination if she dares to fail this student teacher!
allan
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by allan »

Hya sherri. What I think it has been is another scam to get into the country, I think just by chance they have checked these and found out who and what they are, aint got a clue how many they have let in supposed to be qualified, just another scam uncovered.>>>>> 8)
gazza
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by gazza »

eye.......thu got us last year........got thu telly,video......ALL...
wor lassez .......good bitz............got thru thu patio doorz.......
b##tadz...............
.......GET-ME-A-RUM-INSTEAD........
average len
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by average len »

...twas a braw bricht moonlicht nicht...I be goin down tin mine with me paaaasty...howay the lads...eh ya got a light bouy....up on't moor with whippet...another g and t old boy....the rine in Spine falls minely on the pline...dahn in sarf london...
gazza
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by gazza »

nearly 4 got............thu got thu farkin kidzuz money jar............
dirty ba##adz................
.......GET-ME-A-RUM-INSTEAD........
mick
Motor Mouth
Motor Mouth

Bulgarians.

Post by mick »

Does anyone know where Serendipitous comes from? The reason I am asking is, I find it unusual a boy of that age working in a charity shop. But he might just be qualified for doing what hes doing. Well if fingerless sparkies can get in.
Use what talents you possess, for the woods would be silent if the only birds that sang, where the birds that sang the sweetest.
mick
allan
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by allan »

Don’t quote me on this as I have not seen this bloke, just heard of him. He is some coloured fella that is a lawyer or representative for people coming into Britain looking for work. Apparently he is saying they have rights, and this is before they get in, so anyone who knows anything about this, I would be pleased to know, what sort of rights do foreign people have, that are not British. This thing about people having the right to work in Britain should start with the British people first. I am coming to a point that I think us being in Europe is not such a good idea, saying that I heard that the government is scrapping the amount of booze you can bring back into Britain, and you can bring as much as you like' by is this gonna cause some bother, anybody else heard this, or am I being wound up?.>>>> 8)