blueyonder joke

Leave your remarks about life in South Shields / South Tyneside

Moderator: andysfootball

jimmywizz
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

blueyonder joke

Post by jimmywizz »

many folks with have now received an email from blueyonder saying that it will now cost you £60 a year to use their antivirus software, dont bother just go here and get a great one for free

http://www.avast.com/eng/avast_4_home.html
baldy.smith

Post by baldy.smith »

That is a great one jimmy, I have been using it for quite some time now and had no problems to date. Updates are automatic and very regular and; best of all no conflicts with other software or programmes.

8)
curly
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by curly »

I'm a big fan of Grisoft's AVG Free anti-virus.

Automatically scans the pc every night and doesn't slow things down. Automatically downloads it's updates every night (so you don't forget). Has a good virus vault, and links to a good virus definitions encyclopedia.

All for nowt!

More links to FREE goodies - here

Yes, Telewest Blueyonder can be a right laugh at times.
gazza
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by gazza »

and there`z me thinkin only lower class chikz get virusu`z.............yoo reely dont no any 1 these day`z...................eh
.......GET-ME-A-RUM-INSTEAD........
curly
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by curly »

I've used Norton in the past, and as good as it is, it hog's system resouces, and uses too much memory when scanning. I've used Avg for three years now and the only viruses EVER found have been on discs given by so called "friends". Perhaps you were unlucky to get a virus in between updates?

I use Zonelabs ZoneAlarm Pro firewall.

I also us Lavasoft Ad-Aware personal SE, and Javacool Software's Spywareblaster, the latter has ensured that NO spyware or malware or trojans have entered my machine, the only things that the former tends to find are cookies!

I don't understand the need to spend money when there are VERY good products available for FREE.
Elaine H
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Elaine H »

I've used both AVG and Avast in the past and was happy with them on the whole. However, when we wanted to install one or the other of them on my new computer, we found that the free versions were no longer available! I don't know whether this applies just to the USA. Anyway, I now have Avira Antivir. That too is free. Haven't had any problems up to now. I also use Ad-Aware and Spybot.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Mark Twain