Moderator: andysfootball

Commat
Even Bigger Gob
Even Bigger Gob

Up and running

Post by Commat »

I was trying to log in before my account was activated, everything Ok now
Thank you.
Had a look in the dictionary for the word avatar as I had never heard of it and got the following:

The incarnation of a Hindu deity, especially Vishnu, in human or animal form.
An embodiment, as of a quality or concept; an archetype: the very avatar of cunning.
A temporary manifestation or aspect of a continuing entity: occultism in its present avatar

So when did an icon become an avatar? :D

Best wishes to all
Roger.

jimmywizz

Post by jimmywizz »

hi roger glad you made it
jimmy

hotrodngaz
Motor Mouth
Motor Mouth

Just Checking!

Post by hotrodngaz »

Just checking to see if my new icon (avatar) works.

Gaz...

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri »

nice picture hotrod. I hope to have one soon, too.

hotrodngaz
Motor Mouth
Motor Mouth

Just Checking

Post by hotrodngaz »

Thanks Sherri, incidently the picture is of me racing at our local race track.
Gaz......

mariner
Big Gob
Big Gob

Post by mariner »

i wanna pic too................ jeez jimmy whats goin on ? u guys on the drink ?? and someone stole my pic and i need a map to navigate this place now :roll:

jimmywizz

Post by jimmywizz »

hi mariner just find a picture you like and email it to me or you can load it up from your profile page
jimmy

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri »

I didn't realise you really raced cars, hotrod. What is the fastest you have ever been? I can't say it would be the sport for me.I once held up a whole line of people on one of those downward 'sled' rides at an amusement park. I go too slow, I was told.Most humiliating for my kids, apparently.

hotrodngaz
Motor Mouth
Motor Mouth

Racing Cars

Post by hotrodngaz »

Sherri, I'm not racing cars just now, I gave it up at the end of last year. Too far and took up a little bit too much of my spare time trying to look after the car. The formula that I used to race was called 2ltr Hotrods. Basically a standard small saloon or hatchback, with no more power than a 2ltr engine. Everything has to be stripped from the car including the fuel tank (a smaller one is fixed in the rear of the car as near to the rear axle as possible) A roll cage has to be welded in place with side impact bars and racing wheels and tyres, 4 point harness and bucket seat are fitted. The only thing left to do is paint the car in some sort of flash design to get you noticed. The formula is supposed to be non contact (no smashing into each other) but not many people take note of this...lol. :D Anyway, the track is only a small oval shape and you never get out of 2nd gear and speeds will only get to about 55 or 60mph, still gets the old heart racing when you are racing against 14 other cars on such a small track. :twisted:
Gaz......

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri »

I was thinking-55 or 60-hey I could handle that sort of speed, I do it on the road all the time. But then I noticed you were talking mph and not kph so maybe it would not be for me after all. Certainly not with all those other cars crowding round. I like my space.
Spodge, what a brilliant pic. Is that really you? Very glam. I never thought of doing that. I should have looked for a pic of someone young and gorgeous on the net and snaffled that. Except in my case,all the regulars here (plus some of the aussies who have met me) would know it wasn't the real me *sigh* LOL
Actually i must thank Jimmy. He worked away to get me a little picture to go next to my name and it was a surprise to come in here and find one this morning.So thanks, Jimmy.

Return to “South Shields General Notice Board”