police at tyne dock this morn

Leave your remarks about life in South Shields / South Tyneside

Moderator: andysfootball

jimmywizz
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

police at tyne dock this morn

Post by jimmywizz »

it seems that a hell of a lot of police were around tyne dock this morn, whats going on ?
BigRy
Administrator
Administrator

Post by BigRy »

yep sure was a car and police on foot waving cars over :?:
jimmywizz
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by jimmywizz »

yep i saw them pull a van over on barnes road
BigRy
Administrator
Administrator

Post by BigRy »

unless it was spodge and her new business looking for recruits?
jimmywizz
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by jimmywizz »

it looks like there has been a big crack down on cars with no tax discs, so folks looks like you had better get yours up to date :wink:
baldy.smith

Post by baldy.smith »

What they have done twice here in the last few weeks, is for a police car to drive around the estates followed by a van from the DVLC and a large lorry. They check all vehicles at the roadside, in lay bys and on grass verges, if they are not currently taxed they are taken away. The owners then have to cough up a hefty fee and fine (in some cases that is more than the car is worth) or the cars get crushed. I was surprised the first time I saw them; especially when they came back up the street with four cars in tow, a couple of them very expensive newish cars. I live in a cul-de-sac so there was no escape for the vehicles without tax. Serves them right I say. :roll:

8)
memor
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Location: Retired under a big umbrela in the sun with a glass of champagne

Post by memor »

I thought they might have called the Police in to help clear the drains so

it doesn't flood next time it rains.

Amazing how they pick on easy targets like motorists.

When was the last time they targeted a d*ugs house or raided somewhere all the local burglars took their ill gotten goods to sell.

It seems that if you want a cushy number in the Police Force ask to be stationed in the South Tyneside area.

Only the local motorists to push around and two Premier Football teams to look after at the weekends.
I always value Pilots wit and input
MC_Trilo_G
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by MC_Trilo_G »

Memor, I missed you man, I really missed you.
To this day you can crack me up... respect boyo
'Nice one, bruvva!'
memor
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by memor »

Where you been ?
and
Many thanks for nice post
Muzzychuck
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Muzzychuck »

memor wrote:When was the last time they targeted a d*ugs house or raided somewhere all the local burglars took their ill gotten goods to sell.

It seems that if you want a cushy number in the Police Force ask to be stationed in the South Tyneside area.

Only the local motorists to push around and two Premier Football teams to look after at the weekends.
The words of a man who hasn't got the first clue what he's talking about.

:roll:
baldy.smith

Post by baldy.smith »

Have to agree with you there Muzzy, no truth at all in that statement by memor. I think he must be referring to the area he lives in now. We on the scene know that the police in this area are raiding and prosecuting d*ug dealers and burglars daily, doing a pretty good job of it too.

8)
memor
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by memor »

Muzzychuck and Baldy and South Tyneside Police sincere apoligies.

I seldom get chance to read Shields Gazette.

It still shame that they have to pick on motorists, again.
baldy.smith

Post by baldy.smith »

True memor, but if the motorists abide by the law and pay their dues they will have no problems.

8)
Jim_in_France
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Jim_in_France »

My theory is that, As UK motorists pay the highest taxes in the world. (Fuel, Road Tax etc.). Does it not seem that the government are making sure motorists cough up, as it brings in billions! But are not keen on catching criminals, as they COST! money. For such things as courts and prison time. So its a revenue thing? :shock:

It makes good business sense, to have coppers earning money, rather than spending it for the government. :twisted:
"The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast."

"We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell."

Oscar Wilde
baldy.smith

Post by baldy.smith »

It's a lot worse in Italy Jim. I was comparing costs with my brother in law last August and it turns out that they are paying two road taxes, one to the local authorities and another to the government. Each of the taxes is about what we pay for the one tax in the UK, so they are paying double what we pay here to keep our car on the road. Fuel costs about the same as the UK. Car Insurance is higher for the minimum cover in Italy; than what I pay here for fully comprehensive cover.

8)
Jim_in_France
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Jim_in_France »

I heard Italy is expensive baldy. My sister went there a couple of years ago and said "Never Again" She spent more money in Italy, than she did anywhere else, on her world holiday. She liked Italy itself.
"The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast."

"We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell."

Oscar Wilde
baldy.smith

Post by baldy.smith »

You'll have to watch your step if you drive from France to here Jim. The cops will stop you to ask where the driver is, and why is your steering wheel on the passenger side of the car. :lol:

8)