Leave your remarks about life in South Shields / South Tyneside

Moderator: andysfootball

fionacagle
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Swan Hunter Shipyards - Circa 1940's - Information Request

Post by fionacagle » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:04 pm

Hello Everyone

I hope you don't mind me posting on this site but I do so in the hope that you can assist.

I work for a Firm of Solicitors who has been instructed by the family of a gentleman who sadly died from an asbestos related illness.

The gentleman completed a welding apprenticeship at the Swan Hunter Shipyards in the 1940's and it is believed he came into contact with asbestos materials and products during his time there.

I have been asked to source information regarding the working conditions/environment at the Swan Hunter Shipyard during the time he was there to assist with the case.

During my research I came across this website and thought it would be worthwhile to post this message to seek assistance.

Please contact me either by telephone: 0118 952 7115 or via e-mail fcagle@boyesturner.com if you believe you can assist with providing information regarding the working conditions/environment and, especially, information relating to the presence of asbestos materials/products at the Shipyard in the 1940's.

Any assistance you can provide would gratefully received both by myself and by the client.

Regards

Fiona Cagle
Paralegal
For and on behalf of Boyes Turner LLP

memor
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Location: Retired under a big umbrela in the sun with a glass of champagne

Re: Swan Hunter Shipyards - Circa 1940's - Information Request

Post by memor » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:13 am

I don't wish to dampen your enthusiasm but everyone concerned has probably died of asbestosis by now.

Might be more help if you contacted a Psychic.
I always value Pilots wit and input

Return to “South Shields General Notice Board”