WONDER WHY???

Leave your remarks about life in South Shields / South Tyneside

Moderator: andysfootball

User avatar
Tweedlady
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 3891
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:19 am

WONDER WHY???

Post by Tweedlady » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:44 am

No registered users and 0 guests

User avatar
Noggin
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:45 am
Location: Jarrow

Re: WONDER WHY???

Post by Noggin » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:53 am

" BOO " . . :wink:

User avatar
Tweedlady
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 3891
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:19 am

Re: WONDER WHY???

Post by Tweedlady » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:54 pm

YES!!!!! THAT'S IT!! :roll:

User avatar
Noggin
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:45 am
Location: Jarrow

Re: WONDER WHY???

Post by Noggin » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:50 am

This would be an Excellent Forum if more people interacted !, pity it seems Quiet most of the time ! . . :)

User avatar
sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 25207
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:14 am
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Re: WONDER WHY???

Post by sherri » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:51 pm

Noggin wrote:This would be an Excellent Forum if more people interacted !, pity it seems Quiet most of the time ! . . :)
Noggin, you've probably started at just the wrong time. A lot of us here have been around for over 10 years, were on the old board before this one opened and there was a period of years, till recently, when it was really hopping, especially on Curly's board. You could log on and just about guarantee about 5 others on at the same time, chatting away.
Some have just... dropped out of sight, a couple were banned, it's very quiet on all the boards now. :(

Believe it or not, at one stage the general board used to get almost as many posts as curly's board, but then Curly's board streaked ahead in use.

But you never know, if even half of those who aren't on all that much were to return more regularly, it would be hopping again.

User avatar
Noggin
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:45 am
Location: Jarrow

Re: WONDER WHY???

Post by Noggin » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:40 am

I hope it does come to life again Sherri !, Shields is my home and it's Great to Reminisce. I know quite a few people who have walked through this Forum :wink: .

User avatar
Tweedlady
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 3891
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:19 am

Re: WONDER WHY???

Post by Tweedlady » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:24 am

Noggin wrote: I know quite a few people who have walked through this Forum .
SOMEHOW,I HAD THE FEELING YOU HAVE BEEN HERE WITH A DIFFERENT "NAME".............RIGHT? :roll:

User avatar
Mr Smith
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 7376
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:11 am

Re: WONDER WHY???

Post by Mr Smith » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:11 am

Tweedlady wrote:
Noggin wrote: I know quite a few people who have walked through this Forum .
SOMEHOW,I HAD THE FEELING YOU HAVE BEEN HERE WITH A DIFFERENT "NAME".............RIGHT? :roll:

Right Tweedy! ;)
Wise man talk because they have something to say,
fools talk because they have to say something.

User avatar
Noggin
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:45 am
Location: Jarrow

Re: WONDER WHY???

Post by Noggin » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:55 am

I did log onto here quite a long time ago when it was Busier, but was only here a very short time. Now i come back to find nothing but tumbleweed blowing through the Forum !. :( . Shame really. . 8)

User avatar
sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 25207
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:14 am
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Re: WONDER WHY???

Post by sherri » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:38 am

It might pick up again. I wonder who you were in a past life! :D

User avatar
Noggin
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:45 am
Location: Jarrow

Re: WONDER WHY???

Post by Noggin » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:08 pm

sherri wrote:It might pick up again. I wonder who you were in a past life! :D
Hope it does !, No-One special Sherri, just a Lil Ole Sandancer who's taking a Nose Dive into his Past . . :wink:

markofpity
Big Gob
Big Gob
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:23 pm

Re: WONDER WHY???

Post by markofpity » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:31 pm

You won't know me but I often pop on to see if anything has changed or just to look at the old pics etc. I am deeply nostalgic and every time I come on I wonder why it isn't a lot busier in fact, I came on now with that thought and the original question, sort of echoed my thoughts.

Anyway, good Sima lad, born in 62, Garnett Infants, Sima Juniors then West Park Comp (Stanhope Rd). Left Shields in 1998 to live in Durham.

Good weekend to you all (if anyone's there!!)

User avatar
Tweedlady
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 3891
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:19 am

Re: WONDER WHY???

Post by Tweedlady » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:23 pm

Noggin wrote:This would be an Excellent Forum if more people interacted !, pity it seems Quiet most of the time ! . .
I KINDA LIKET IT AS IT WAS......NOT TRYING TO "OUT DO" ONE ANOTHER............... 8)

User avatar
Tweedlady
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 3891
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:19 am

Re: WONDER WHY???

Post by Tweedlady » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:49 pm

"IT'S EASY TO GET GOOD PLAYERS,"GETTING" THEM TO PLAY TOGETHER,THAT'S THE HARD PART.......... 8)

martymont
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 2138
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: WONDER WHY???

Post by martymont » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:46 pm

It always picks up.

User avatar
Noggin
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:45 am
Location: Jarrow

Re: WONDER WHY???

Post by Noggin » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:51 pm

markofpity wrote:You won't know me but I often pop on to see if anything has changed or just to look at the old pics etc. I am deeply nostalgic and every time I come on I wonder why it isn't a lot busier in fact, I came on now with that thought and the original question, sort of echoed my thoughts.

Anyway, good Sima lad, born in 62, Garnett Infants, Sima Juniors then West Park Comp (Stanhope Rd). Left Shields in 1998 to live in Durham.

Good weekend to you all (if anyone's there!!)
I'll guess your name is Mark and you live in Pity Me ! . . I was also born 62 and went to stanhope rd, i also lived in Sima for a little while . . Dame Flora . . :wink:

User avatar
Tweedlady
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 3891
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:19 am

Re: WONDER WHY???

Post by Tweedlady » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:54 pm

Noggin wrote:Good weekend to you all (if anyone's there!!)
TRY CURLIES..... :roll:

User avatar
Tweedlady
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 3891
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:19 am

Re: WONDER WHY???

Post by Tweedlady » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:54 am

GLAD YOU DID.............. :!:

markofpity
Big Gob
Big Gob
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:23 pm

Re: WONDER WHY???

Post by markofpity » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:25 pm

Noggin wrote:
markofpity wrote:You won't know me but I often pop on to see if anything has changed or just to look at the old pics etc. I am deeply nostalgic and every time I come on I wonder why it isn't a lot busier in fact, I came on now with that thought and the original question, sort of echoed my thoughts.

Anyway, good Sima lad, born in 62, Garnett Infants, Sima Juniors then West Park Comp (Stanhope Rd). Left Shields in 1998 to live in Durham.

Good weekend to you all (if anyone's there!!)
I'll guess your name is Mark and you live in Pity Me ! . . I was also born 62 and went to stanhope rd, i also lived in Sima for a little while . . Dame Flora . . :wink:
My word Sherlock, you got me, I do indeed reside in Pity Me. Aah, Dame Flora Robson, how fine was the chippy there when we were young. To this day I haven't enjoyed curry sauce as much from anywhere else.

I wonder who you are, I don't recall anyone in my year from Dame Flora itself but plenty from the surrounding streets, Fox Ave, Henda Rd, Wenlock etc.

User avatar
Tweedlady
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 3891
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:19 am

Re: WONDER WHY???

Post by Tweedlady » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:48 pm

PITY................... #-o

Post Reply

Return to “South Shields General Notice Board”