Can anyone remember the Latino/Tavern?

Leave your remarks about life in South Shields / South Tyneside

Moderator: andysfootball

kjane315
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Can anyone remember the Latino/Tavern?

Post by kjane315 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:54 pm

Can anyone remember the Latino/Tavern in South Shields? I used to work there in the late 60s. Has anyone got any photos? There were a lot of great stars on when I worked there.
The people I remember working with were Big Linda, June, Dorothy, the bouncers were Ronnie& Phil & Mr Lucas was the manager, that's about all I can remember these days lol. I had some great times there, met some great people. The Influence, Beckett were regulars lol and Bob Slesser with his camera snapping away. From there I want to the Cat, Frank Hearn was the manager there (he ended up being my middle sons godfather) I used to call him the oldest teenager in the business with his sun lamp skin and dyed blonde hair but he was a spot on bloke.Mrs Hogg and Little Dot used to take the entrance fee on the front desk, she might have been little but if you crossed her you knew about it, Mrs Hogg was the same, she was no sweet old lady ha!
I would love to see some photos of the old places if anyone has any. Then who could believe when Jimmy Hendrix came to the Cellar Club in Beach Road, what a night!!!

Delilahcat
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: Can anyone remember the Latino/Tavern?

Post by Delilahcat » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:18 am

there is a site on Facebook called South Shields in Old photos. There was recently pictures of the opening night of the Latino. BTW Hendrix appeared at the new Cellar in Thomas St not the old club in Beach Rd.

Return to “South Shields General Notice Board”