Lebanon House,Westoe.

Leave your remarks about life in South Shields / South Tyneside

Moderator: andysfootball

Julian
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Lebanon House,Westoe.

Post by Julian » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:02 pm

Hi,does anyone happen to know if Lebanon House on Sunderland Road,Westoe is still there?One of my anscestors lived there in 1920 but I don't know what number the house is and can't find any reference online.

Mr Smith
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: Lebanon House,Westoe.

Post by Mr Smith » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:16 pm

Julian wrote:Hi,does anyone happen to know if Lebanon House on Sunderland Road,Westoe is still there?One of my anscestors lived there in 1920 but I don't know what number the house is and can't find any reference online.
The Houses at the Westoe end of Sunderland Road date back well over 100 years so it should still be there It
is possibly under another name or no name at all.
Wise man talk because they have something to say,
fools talk because they have to say something.

Julian
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by Julian » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:47 am

Yeah I thought that a house that old with an unusual name would be mentioned somewhere but there is no record of the name being used other than as my ancestors address on his death record in 1920.I've even looked on Google street view at the Westoe end of the road but that didn't help in any way so hopefully someone will come up with a bit of helpful local knowledge!

chrisjgrey
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by chrisjgrey » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:42 pm

I live in Lebanon House. Let me know if you're still interested and I'll send you some more details.

Return to “South Shields General Notice Board”