Abortion: For? Or Against?

Leave your remarks about life in South Shields / South Tyneside

Moderator: andysfootball

Alice
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Alice »

The morning after pill, if you have been bad and think the pill will not work or the condom has split.
allan
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by allan »

Alice; kids are sexualy active at around 12/14 years old, is that big enough for you. A man goes out with a girl, says he is using a condom, which he isn't, the girl falls pregnant, is she not big enough to have an abortion, I could go on and on about unwanted pregnancies. The female has the right to decide either to keep the baby or to have it terminated, Big does not come into it. With your ideas on the matter I would hate to think what would happen if you had to make a decision on your daughter.>>>> 8)
DangerXpac
Head Doer
Head Doer

Post by DangerXpac »

I was dumb enough to have s*x at 14 but smart enough to use a condom. Kids know the consequences of there dicisions and what could happen.. If i had a daughter fall pregnate she would be waiting till the baby was born id let her decide if she would give it up for adoption or keep it though.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
--Albert Einstein
allan
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by allan »

Let me put it another way, when I was in my teens and was drinking 17/18/19, your out in a pub, dance, club, whatever. You make eye contact then something tells you' your in with a chance, as the night goes on your wondering if you have or you haven't, the last thing that was on my mind was protection, and NO I did not get anyone pregnant, but the possibilty was there. There were lots of 14 year olds about looking 18, who's fault is it mine because I should know, or the female getting dressed up to look older, all I am saying is sh1t happens, if you have the ability to change things for the good change them, even better change them before it happens, pity there's less crime to talk about.>>>>> 8)
laura
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by laura »

"The morning after pill, if you have been bad and think the pill will not work or the condom has split."

no man no.if shes on the pill,why wud she take the mornign after pill?if they used a condom and it didnt break.condoms r only 97% effective...3% of the time u may as well not b using 1.neways,sumtimes s**t happens.where r we to draw the line on what an acceptable reason for an abortion is and where it aint??who died n made us god :shock:
Elaine H
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Elaine H »

Xpac, since you live in Florida, you should know that under current Florida law, if you had a teenage daughter that became pregnant and decided to seek an abortion, you couldn't legally prevent her from doing so. Parental consent is not required under Florida law. The latest bill to be passed requires only that parents are informed of the pending abortion.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Mark Twain
brian c
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by brian c »

Over the last couple of days I notice that the top honcho of the RC's in Britain has started tub thumping about abortion being murder and a mortal sin which I think is a bit rich from a religeon that not all that long ago would slaughter anybody that didn't believe in it.

STUPID YOU ARE.................

BREED YOU SHOULD NOT!
Alice
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Alice »

Allan to start with i have no girls, but if i did giving them all the support is what i would do, and hope we would have a good relationship like i do with my boys. If they were sexually active we could talk it. And i would be there to help. Even at 12 to 14 if they are having s*x they should know the Consequences they have all this s*x education at school now so they do know, i do know accidents happen but it should not in this day and age.
DangerXpac
Head Doer
Head Doer

Post by DangerXpac »

Elain you are very right but like you said i would be informed of the pending abortion.. Thats more then enough power for me as the parent to make sure what I think should be done is done. I may not be able to legaly prevent it but if i know about it theres ways.. If your a parent you know what i mean.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
--Albert Einstein
Elaine H
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Elaine H »

Xpac, I am indeed a parent - of a teenager, no less! Therefore, I also know that no matter how involved you are in your child's life, and believe me, I have always been VERY involved, they don't always follow the advice you give them, especially once they reach that certain age where they know it all and will listen to nothing you say!
Anyway, I hope you never have to experience being a parent of a pregnant teenager or being faced with a possible abortion situation, and if you ever do, then I honestly and sincerely hope that your teenager will follow your advice - no matter what that advice may be. But don't count on it! LOL
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Mark Twain
allan
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by allan »

Alice; of course you will stand by them like any parent would, whatever your child has done, this is natural. I understand there are lots of education on the matters relating to s'ex, dru'gs, smoking, and drinking. Why is it there are lots of kids that practice these, I do believe that around 95% of kids by the age of 15 has tried at least 3 of these, although I would think a lot of kids are getting sensable about dru'gs and tobacco, knowing fine well these are lethal. The bit about having an open relationship with your kids, I don't think so' you see kids, like their parents they have secrets they want to keep under wraps. Hey maybe it's just me getting a bit long in the tooth.>>>> 8)
Alice
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Alice »

Allan my oldest son is 15 and i can assure you he does tell me every thing we have always had a good relationship he knows i will give him my honest opinion on what ever he wants to talk about.
laura
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by laura »

they have all this s*x education at school now so they do know, i do know accidents happen but it should not in this day and age.

but thats what an accident is.sumit which is accidental and cant b prevented??