Abortion: For? Or Against?

Leave your remarks about life in South Shields / South Tyneside

Moderator: andysfootball

madmarvin

Post by madmarvin »

if a sperm can swim, then it is alive..........

if an egg can be fertilised, then the egg is alive.........

if the way to make a human being is to fertilise an egg with sperm, then the fertilised egg is alive, and is, essentially, a human being........

because the growth of a fetus is no different to the growth of a human being who grows from the "child stage" to "puberty stage" and then growing onto the "adult" stage..........

it does not matter if this "human or growth" is in the womb or is already born into the world, it is alive from conception..........

therefore, abortion is murder, and no other word can be used in the place of the word "murder".

however, in the biblical sense, (christianity) i beleive that to prolong the life of any woman in childbirth difficultys, would justify the abortion of any fetus.......

and for all you devout catholics out there.........
my stance against abortion is not based on catholicism.......

in fact i hate the catholic religion with a vengeance.........
so you can take your stupid senile old pope and stick him where the sun dont shine..........

amen.
brian c
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by brian c »

I take it you wont be going to confession this week then :shock: :shock:

STUPID YOU ARE.................

BREED YOU SHOULD NOT!
madmarvin

Post by madmarvin »

i must confess.........

NO......... i wont.......

actually, i would not go to confession even if i was a catholic........

because the bible say's......... confess your "FAULTS".......

not your "SINS".......

these pedaphile priests only want to hear your "SINS" so that they can
create an emotional blackmail that will make you say "5 hail marys" and put ten quid into their pockets...........
brian c
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by brian c »

If you confess more than 1 sin do you get a discount on hail marys :?:

BREED YOU SHOULD NOT!
laura
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by laura »

madmarvin,that is ur opinion,what iv said previously is mine...
laura
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by laura »

but if life begins when the sperm fertilises an egg...why do we wait til the day u r born,to start ur age,if ur alive and growin frm fertilisation,surely thats when the clock shud begin...
madmarvin

Post by madmarvin »

brian c, you can say ten million hail marys, it wont make any difference, the bible itself tells....... "there is only one who can intercede between man and god.....that is the lord jesus".........

mary has got no say in it...........
(not politically correct is it ? )

these stupid cattle ticks (cath_o_lics) have been conning and murdering people for centuries.

hello laura, i wasnt arguing with you........
after all......... your a woman, you cant be right ! he he he.

but your question is a silly one.........

ie: why do we wait til the day u r born,to start ur age,if ur alive and growin frm fertilisation,surely thats when the clock shud begin...

firstly, pregnancy only lasts for 9 months, BUT... we celebrate birthdays every twelve months............

secondly....... how many lighted birthday candles are you prepared to insert into your womb ?.
laura
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by laura »

that aint what i meant.

i meant start it from day 1.u cum out 9month old,hen 3 munth late rur a yr or whatever.u cant say life begins at conception,but u dont actually start to count as a human til ur born,tis a contradiction in my eyes
madmarvin

Post by madmarvin »

when a woman has a baby, it is called giving birth, therefore the day you pop out into the world and say....... hello, my name is laura, it is your very first birthday, your second birthday is one year later when you turn one year old, but, how can this be ???

when you turn one year old, people will call it your "first birthday"
but.... in reality it is just the "first" 12 month celebration of your birth........

are you 1 or 2 ???

its just the way we silly humans work things out..........

so birth is when you come out of the womb. (for me, getting back in has been a lot of fun)

but when a BABY is in the womb it is in a 9 month gestation period.........
so why dont we have a gestation party ???

WE DONT HAVE GESTATION PARTYS !!!!

BOOO !!!!!!!!

i will bring this point up at my next racial tolerance meeting !!!

by the way....... im glad women dont insert lighted birthday candles into their wombs......... my tongue is very sensitive to heat.
GeoNeil
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by GeoNeil »

Do tell me how that meeting comes along marvin...

And yes, human life officially begins at birth, it's that point when 'God' allows a human to live. You could argue that yes, babies up to 3 months premature (and maybe longer, I dunno, NHS p*ss-pipetters don't get to know these things) have survived (and the day the baby exits the womb is the date of birth, not 9 months after conception) but not without the hard work of hospital staff, the technology of first-world (read: Western) medicine and someone to pay for the treatment required (how many preterm infants survive in America here all this first-world medical tachnology has to be paid for by the patient?)

The latest legal time for abortion should be the earliest possible time for a preterm infant to survive, if a baby can survive after 20 weeks gestation, then 20 weeks is the latest time, if it's 10 weeks then that should be the period.

In short, you could say that my position is that should we become able to have a human embryo grow from conception through to term entirely ouside the womb then abortion could be made illegal. (but one has to ask whether or not this is something we should be doing - read Aldous Huxley's Brave New World for further information)
Infectedmushroom
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Infectedmushroom »

I agree with Laura, the baby is simply part of the mothers body until it is actually born, she can do what she wants with her own body.

If a kid is not wanted then we shouldnt let it come into the world unwanted, its not fair, and there is simply too much suffering and fuckeduperyness in the world already.

If you view it as murder, I view it as a mercy killing.
Today, I changed my signature.
Alice
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Alice »

I don't agree with Laura it is a baby the minute it is conceived it has a beating heart. how can you compare a baby with a bulb, nothing like it. The only way i agree with abortion is if it is for a medical reasons. Yes there are many unwanted pregnancies but what about the woman who long for children and cannot have them is adoption not the better option.
GeoNeil
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by GeoNeil »

Nope, at the moment of conecption, your ickle baby is a cell, which in turn divides onto more cells. It's a wee bit after that that it gets a beating heart... :heart:

My opinion is still that I believe that the legal allowance for abortion should end at the point it becomes medically possiblee to help the child survive outside the womb (the earliest point that a premature baby can survive with the treatment available under our health service) the exceptionss being if the child will be severely disabled and the family want an abortion, or if the baby poses a risk to the life to the mother.

But abortion for the hell of it when it is asked for when the baby could survive outside the womb should be illegal.
brian c
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by brian c »

I think having an abortion because the baby may be disabled is a cop out by people who can't handle the fact that not everything in life is perfect but in saying that if it means that the child is going to be in constant pain with no life whatsoever then and only then it must be considered as an option, but only that, an option.

BREED YOU SHOULD NOT!
DangerXpac
Head Doer
Head Doer

Post by DangerXpac »

It seems that bryan has made the best point so far. Everyone is talking about how they would only think its an option if the baybe wont be ok. But there is so manny other options out there then abortion. Adoption for instance.. even if there is no home for the childe.. im sure when the child turns 18 and can leave his/her foster parents they will be happy that there parents at least didn't choose abortion as an option. Arnt you all glad your parents didn't? And for those of you argueing that the fetus is not life and is part of the womans body untill birth is rediculus... I was listening to my wifes stomach when she was pregnant with our son and he kicked me in the head... there is definetly seperate life there my wife didn't just tell her stomach to kick me in the head. That was probably one of the most amazing things about her pregnancy that i will never forget.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
--Albert Einstein
laura
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by laura »

i compared it to a bulb as a metephor kinda thing.if u knew me ud kno i was born t b a mum...BUT i wud nva begrudge a wonam an abortion...if thats the path she chose t take.but...if i got pregnant n for whatever the reson didnt want it or cudnt habe it,id ratehr take the life then kno it was out there,selfish but meh.
Alice
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Alice »

Laura could you live with the guilt of having an abortion, because i could not. That little person inside has a right to fight also and just getting rid of it because its not the right time (as many girls/women do) its wrong.
allan
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by allan »

Well, sorry to say I am all for aborting an unwanted child. I find it hard to believe people create all these medical achievements for the goodness of mankind (well not always.). Why not use them. Some have said what about if the child is deformed, if it was not for the same medical achievements, you would not know. I reckon it's best all round to have an abortion, than to have an unwanted child. To all the one's that say abortion is wrong, well I say let the child be born and let these people look after it.>>>> 8)
Alice
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Alice »

If you were careful in the first place there would be no need for abortions. I think getting rid of a baby is a chickens way out unless it is for medical reasons, i still say if you are big enough to have s*x then you are big enough to have the child and look after it. Abortions these days are far to easy.
laura
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by laura »

so what if ur on the pill,and becum pregnant?or u use a condom,and u do?